PDA

View Full Version : Evans has attitude as well as talent

G. Host
12-07-2004, 10:35 AM
Regardless of what happens the rest of the way the Bills have shown incredible improvement. Much has been made of Willis McGahee’s emergence, but rookie Lee Evans growth has been equally spectacular. His second touchdown catch on Sunday showed breakaway speed only a few receivers in football have. Evans could be a special player for a long time. Even more impressive than his talent is his attitude. He’s not a punk like Peerless was, and he doesn’t whine when he doesn’t get the ball. He’s just been quietly making plays. more (http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=2657300)

How is "Peerless" doing now? :D

justasportsfan
12-07-2004, 10:40 AM
"This week it’s the Cleveland Browns in town, and the Bills should have no trouble. The Browns are in complete disarray, having given up 100 points in their last two losses. In the last 3 weeks, the Bills have scored 37, 38, and 42 points; maybe they can get 50 this week. "

I hope JP get's to play for at least a qtr.

Jan Reimers
12-07-2004, 10:52 AM
Good read. Evans is going to be a great WR in this league and, unlike Owens and others, do it with class.

don137
12-07-2004, 12:00 PM
Peerless is another Alvin Harper who is a great #2 guy but when given the chance can't handle the double team when the #1 receiver.
Evans will be twice the player as Peerless. Peerless has only one more TD than Pat Williams...

buffalofan19
12-07-2004, 12:36 PM
Evans reminds me alot of Marvin Harrison. Hes got skill, speed, he works extremely hard, and he is not much of a showboat. Only time will tell as far as the last part, but right now he seems as a player with class as well as with great ability.:peace:

SABURZFAN
12-07-2004, 12:59 PM
Regardless of what happens the rest of the way the Bills have shown incredible improvement. Much has been made of Willis McGahee’s emergence, but rookie Lee Evans growth has been equally spectacular. His second touchdown catch on Sunday showed breakaway speed only a few receivers in football have. Evans could be a special player for a long time. Even more impressive than his talent is his attitude. He’s not a punk like Peerless was, and he doesn’t whine when he doesn’t get the ball. He’s just been quietly making plays. more (http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=2657300)

here are the numbers.....

price 29 receptions 458 yards 2 TD

evans 29 554 5

what was the "price tag" in atlanta???it has to be killing their cap for that production. :snicker:

Tatonka
12-07-2004, 01:06 PM
here are the numbers.....

price 29 receptions 458 yards 2 TD

evans 29 554 5

what was the "price tag" in atlanta???it has to be killing their cap for that production. :snicker:

holy crap.. i never looked at that..

that is just ridiculous.

venis2k1
12-07-2004, 01:42 PM

9-3 last i checked... :nervous:

venis2k1
12-07-2004, 01:44 PM
you know its funny, my first reaction to us drafting Evans was WTF!!! we traded price for a low first round pick in a bad draft, then use a high first round pick in a good draft for what was then described as "a price like speed WR". im glad i got egg on my face.

TheBrownBear
12-07-2004, 03:01 PM
Lee "Linda" Evans is the foundation for a "Dynasty" in Buffalo.

Mudflap1
12-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Lee Evans is way better as a rookie than Eric Moulds and Peerless Price combined. Guys like Roy Williams and Michael Clayton look good too, but they are on worse teams that have less offensive weapons, giving them more touches and passes throw their way. For Evans to play as he has as a rookie on a team with Eric Moulds and Willis McGahee (as well as jumping quickly ahead of the mediocre Josh Reed very early) is a testament that this guy is gonna be a player.

Oh yeah, and touche Brown Bear, touche...

Jon

B-DON
12-07-2004, 04:31 PM
its nice to finally have our december games mean something even if we dont make the playoffs this has been one thing we have missed out on. it feels good boys

capitolneal
12-07-2004, 04:49 PM
would'nt everyone rather have a ROY Williams than a Lee evans I had the privledge to watch this kid (williams) on Sat for 4 yrs he will be by FAR the best reciever in this class (maybe the best class ever)... don't get me wrong evans will be a solid player for yrs. to come but williams will be one of the greatest of all time, coming out of highschool he was rated 2nd in his class only to johnnie morant x cuse player,

Albany,n.y.
12-07-2004, 05:13 PM
would'nt everyone rather have a ROY Williams than a Lee evans I had the privledge to watch this kid (williams) on Sat for 4 yrs he will be by FAR the best reciever in this class (maybe the best class ever)... don't get me wrong evans will be a solid player for yrs. to come but williams will be one of the greatest of all time, coming out of highschool he was rated 2nd in his class only to johnnie morant x cuse player,

If Roy Williams = 1985 draft's Jerry Rice & Lee Evans= 1985 draft's Andre Reed, I'll be happy to have Evans.

capitolneal
12-07-2004, 05:46 PM
what about harrison, moulds that was a great class of wide outs to but i believe this last one was very special, and i am predicting morant to be like a reed type pick, as long as evans stays healthy his work ethic is there to be a great one

TheBrownBear
12-07-2004, 05:48 PM
If Roy Williams = 1985 draft's Jerry Rice & Lee Evans= 1985 draft's Andre Reed, I'll be happy to have Evans.
Lee "Linda" Evans reminds TheBrownBear of a young Jerry Rice with added speed. He is the truth.

capitolneal
12-07-2004, 05:52 PM
Lee "Linda" Evans reminds TheBrownBear of a young Jerry Rice with added speed. He is the truth.

I am a huge BILLS fan but that has to be the biggest reach i have heard
than a. boldin reminded you of who? lay off the honey bear

casdhf
12-07-2004, 05:56 PM

That is idiotic. Rice was all production from a small school. Evans has world class speed and is from a huge school that has produced many NFL players, rescently Chris Chambers. Rice and Evans have nothing in common.

Mr. Cynical
12-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Evans is going to be a great WR in this league and, unlike Owens and others, do it with class.
Man I really hope so. :up:

Mr. Cynical
12-07-2004, 06:04 PM
I hope JP get's to play for at least a qtr.
That would be fantastic. At home, with a lead...let the guy get some reps and let the future begin! :D

ScottLawrence
12-07-2004, 08:26 PM
That would be fantastic. At home, with a lead...let the guy get some reps and let the future begin! :D

I got a question for you.....Lets assume Bledsoe and both Donahoe are gone after this season, are you still going to be "Mr.Cynical" or Mr. Negative around here?

Just wondering. :star:

G. Host
12-07-2004, 08:50 PM
Peerless is another Alvin Harper who is a great #2 guy but when given the chance can't handle the double team when the #1 receiver.
Evans will be twice the player as Peerless. Peerless has only one more TD than Pat Williams...

How many tackles does Price have? In Buffalo he used to avoid attempting to tackle intercepted balls. Maybe he ought to join Miami.

G. Host
12-07-2004, 08:51 PM
9-3 last i checked... :nervous:
TEAMS win games not players. Not even a QB is solely responsible for a win or loss.

Mr. Cynical
12-08-2004, 12:30 AM
I got a question for you.....Lets assume Bledsoe and both Donahoe are gone after this season, are you still going to be "Mr.Cynical" or Mr. Negative around here?

Just wondering. :star:Is that a rhetorical question? :;

I'll change my name to Savior[insert name of savior] when we get back to respectability and play consistently good football against good teams, with a core nucleus on the team I can believe in. I think we've got some of the pieces in place, some are still a question mark, and some are outright dead wood.

No brainer I want Drew gone. IMO he's done and although he may have a good game or two he's not going to move this team to the next level. As for TD, we're stuck with him for at least one more year. If...and that is a BIG if....the team continues to win this year; makes a solid run into the playoffs next year; and JP turns out to be the real deal, then I will forgive TD for his big mistakes (yes, big mistakes) and give him credit for making up for his screwups.

But if we miss them again next year (assuming we miss this year), that's 5 years no playoffs. There is absolutely, positively no way anyone can want a GM that hasn't gotten his team into the playoff in half a decade. Well, at least not people with any common sense. :D