• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Evans has attitude as well as talent

Regardless of what happens the rest of the way the Bills have shown incredible improvement. Much has been made of Willis McGahee’s emergence, but rookie Lee Evans growth has been equally spectacular. His second touchdown catch on Sunday showed breakaway speed only a few receivers in football have. Evans could be a special player for a long time. Even more impressive than his talent is his attitude. He’s not a punk like Peerless was, and he doesn’t whine when he doesn’t get the ball. He’s just been quietly making plays. more

How is "Peerless" doing now?
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

"This week it’s the Cleveland Browns in town, and the Bills should have no trouble. The Browns are in complete disarray, having given up 100 points in their last two losses. In the last 3 weeks, the Bills have scored 37, 38, and 42 points; maybe they can get 50 this week. "

I hope JP get's to play for at least a qtr.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Good read. Evans is going to be a great WR in this league and, unlike Owens and others, do it with class.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

Peerless is another Alvin Harper who is a great #2 guy but when given the chance can't handle the double team when the #1 receiver.
        Evans will be twice the player as Peerless. Peerless has only one more TD than Pat Williams...

Comment

• buffalofan19
          God's gift to the Zone
          • Dec 2004

Evans reminds me alot of Marvin Harrison. Hes got skill, speed, he works extremely hard, and he is not much of a showboat. Only time will tell as far as the last part, but right now he seems as a player with class as well as with great ability.
          Penguins at Sabres Highlight Video 10/10/05
          Sabres at Lightning Highlight Video 10/13/05
          Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 10/20/05
          Rangers at Sabres Highlight Video 10/22/05
          Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 10/29/05
          Maple Leafs at Sabres Highlight Video 11/11/05
          Devils at Sabres Highlight Video 11/15/05
          Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 11/19/05
          Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 11/23/05
          Canadiens at Sabres Highlight Video 11/25/05

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
            Regardless of what happens the rest of the way the Bills have shown incredible improvement. Much has been made of Willis McGahee’s emergence, but rookie Lee Evans growth has been equally spectacular. His second touchdown catch on Sunday showed breakaway speed only a few receivers in football have. Evans could be a special player for a long time. Even more impressive than his talent is his attitude. He’s not a punk like Peerless was, and he doesn’t whine when he doesn’t get the ball. He’s just been quietly making plays. more

here are the numbers.....

price 29 receptions 458 yards 2 TD

evans 29 554 5

what was the "price tag" in atlanta???it has to be killing their cap for that production.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
              here are the numbers.....

price 29 receptions 458 yards 2 TD

evans 29 554 5

what was the "price tag" in atlanta???it has to be killing their cap for that production.

holy crap.. i never looked at that..

that is just ridiculous.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• venis2k1
                Youboty can hope
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host

9-3 last i checked...

Comment

• venis2k1
                  Youboty can hope
                  • Jul 2002

you know its funny, my first reaction to us drafting Evans was WTF!!! we traded price for a low first round pick in a bad draft, then use a high first round pick in a good draft for what was then described as "a price like speed WR". im glad i got egg on my face.

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                    • Dec 2004

Lee "Linda" Evans is the foundation for a "Dynasty" in Buffalo.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                      Next Question!
                      • Nov 2004

Evans

Lee Evans is way better as a rookie than Eric Moulds and Peerless Price combined. Guys like Roy Williams and Michael Clayton look good too, but they are on worse teams that have less offensive weapons, giving them more touches and passes throw their way. For Evans to play as he has as a rookie on a team with Eric Moulds and Willis McGahee (as well as jumping quickly ahead of the mediocre Josh Reed very early) is a testament that this guy is gonna be a player.

Oh yeah, and touche Brown Bear, touche...

Jon

Comment

• B-DON
                        hi
                        • Mar 2004

its nice to finally have our december games mean something even if we dont make the playoffs this has been one thing we have missed out on. it feels good boys

Comment

• capitolneal
                          • Sep 2003

would'nt everyone rather have a ROY Williams than a Lee evans I had the privledge to watch this kid (williams) on Sat for 4 yrs he will be by FAR the best reciever in this class (maybe the best class ever)... don't get me wrong evans will be a solid player for yrs. to come but williams will be one of the greatest of all time, coming out of highschool he was rated 2nd in his class only to johnnie morant x cuse player,

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by capitolneal
                            would'nt everyone rather have a ROY Williams than a Lee evans I had the privledge to watch this kid (williams) on Sat for 4 yrs he will be by FAR the best reciever in this class (maybe the best class ever)... don't get me wrong evans will be a solid player for yrs. to come but williams will be one of the greatest of all time, coming out of highschool he was rated 2nd in his class only to johnnie morant x cuse player,
                            If Roy Williams = 1985 draft's Jerry Rice & Lee Evans= 1985 draft's Andre Reed, I'll be happy to have Evans.

Comment

• capitolneal
                              • Sep 2003

what about harrison, moulds that was a great class of wide outs to but i believe this last one was very special, and i am predicting morant to be like a reed type pick, as long as evans stays healthy his work ethic is there to be a great one

Comment

Working...
                              X