• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Question for all of you....

I have since converted to the NFL completely.....after nhl going under haha. But I was a big fan even with the sabres around.

About the playoff race.....

Does it work like Hockey Standings?

Like the top 8 in both the afc and nfc advance?
    Why cant NFL.com show a full nfc, afc standings instead of breaking it up into divisions?

Let me know, thanks!
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Another question, yea I know ive asked alot......

So we have to beat the Jets in our division to clinch a playoff spot?
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• FTG
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
      I have since converted to the NFL completely.....after nhl going under haha. But I was a big fan even with the sabres around.

Why cant NFL.com show a full nfc, afc standings instead of breaking it up into divisions?

Let me know, thanks!
      No. It works differant. The division winners make the playoffs and then the next 2 best teams get a wildcard. The top 2 division winners get a bye week 1 and the other 4 playoff teams play eachother..
      Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• FTG
        • Aug 2004

Another question, yea I know ive asked alot......

So we have to beat the Jets in our division to clinch a playoff spot?
        no. Both wild card teams can come from the same division

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Let me know, thanks!
          The 4 division winners in each conference advance, along with the 2 best teams in each conference that didn't win their division (these are called wild cards).

The 2 division winners with the best records get first round byes. The other two division winners host a playoff game against the wild card teams.

No, we don't have to pass the Jets- it is possible that both wild cards can be from the same division, meaning 3 teams from the same division can be in the playoffs.

Also, if a division is weak, a wild card team can have a better record than a division winner but still have to play a road game in the playoffs. It happened to the Bills against the Titans a few years back (Music City Mirage game)
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JD
            Sabres Zone
            • Sep 2003

So we would have to play an extra game (the wild card) after the actual regular season has ended? I understand the rest just confused on that part....thanks again!

Comment

• FTG
              • Aug 2004

yes. We would have to win 3 playoff games to get to the Super Bowl. The top 2 teams only have to win 2 games to get to the SB.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
                Hall of Fame Zoner
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by FTG
                yes. We would have to win 3 playoff games to get to the Super Bowl. The top 2 teams only have to win 2 games to get to the SB.
                We've Done it before

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
                  We've Done it before
                  Yah, Baby!!

Comment

Working...
                  X