PDA

View Full Version : Question for all of you....

JD
12-07-2004, 12:01 PM
I have since converted to the NFL completely.....after nhl going under haha. But I was a big fan even with the sabres around.

About the playoff race.....

Does it work like Hockey Standings?

Like the top 8 in both the afc and nfc advance?
Why cant NFL.com show a full nfc, afc standings instead of breaking it up into divisions?

Let me know, thanks!

JD
12-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Another question, yea I know ive asked alot......

So we have to beat the Jets in our division to clinch a playoff spot?

FTG
12-07-2004, 12:08 PM
I have since converted to the NFL completely.....after nhl going under haha. But I was a big fan even with the sabres around.

Why cant NFL.com show a full nfc, afc standings instead of breaking it up into divisions?

Let me know, thanks!

No. It works differant. The division winners make the playoffs and then the next 2 best teams get a wildcard. The top 2 division winners get a bye week 1 and the other 4 playoff teams play eachother..

FTG
12-07-2004, 12:09 PM
Another question, yea I know ive asked alot......

So we have to beat the Jets in our division to clinch a playoff spot?

no. Both wild card teams can come from the same division

OpIv37
12-07-2004, 12:10 PM

Let me know, thanks!

The 4 division winners in each conference advance, along with the 2 best teams in each conference that didn't win their division (these are called wild cards).

The 2 division winners with the best records get first round byes. The other two division winners host a playoff game against the wild card teams.

No, we don't have to pass the Jets- it is possible that both wild cards can be from the same division, meaning 3 teams from the same division can be in the playoffs.

Also, if a division is weak, a wild card team can have a better record than a division winner but still have to play a road game in the playoffs. It happened to the Bills against the Titans a few years back (Music City Mirage game)

JD
12-07-2004, 12:15 PM
So we would have to play an extra game (the wild card) after the actual regular season has ended? I understand the rest just confused on that part....thanks again!

FTG
12-07-2004, 12:25 PM
yes. We would have to win 3 playoff games to get to the Super Bowl. The top 2 teams only have to win 2 games to get to the SB.

STAMPY
12-07-2004, 12:53 PM
yes. We would have to win 3 playoff games to get to the Super Bowl. The top 2 teams only have to win 2 games to get to the SB.

We've Done it before :dance:

NC-BILLS44
12-07-2004, 03:33 PM
We've Done it before :dance:

Yah, Baby!!