PDA

View Full Version : Sea Bass could be a FA after the season

BuffaloRanger
12-07-2004, 12:30 PM
Oakland is trying to sign Sebastian Janikowski to a contract extension, since the kicker has voided the rest of his original deal, and can become an unrestricted free agent. Janikowski has hit 18 of 21 field goals in 2004, including five of seven from beyond 40 yards.

It's at the bottom of the gray column.

Sea Bass (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&page=/morning/week13)

I'd take him over Lindell. The Buffalo Pollocks (I married one) would love him!

Ebenezer
12-07-2004, 12:45 PM
Oakland is trying to sign Sebastian Janikowski to a contract extension, since the kicker has voided the rest of his original deal, and can become an unrestricted free agent. Janikowski has hit 18 of 21 field goals in 2004, including five of seven from beyond 40 yards.

It's at the bottom of the gray column.

Sea Bass (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&page=/morning/week13)

I'd take him over Lindell. The Buffalo Pollocks (I married one) would love him!
I would boo him everytime he came on the field....

Marvelous
12-07-2004, 01:18 PM
I would shave my eyebrows outta joy if we signed him. Think of all the touchbacks.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
12-07-2004, 01:24 PM
Janikowski is the perfect fit here in Buffalo.

BIG leg and he is a fat ass to boot. I can already see the "Kickin Chickin Wing" promotions....

ryjam282
12-07-2004, 01:29 PM
Noooo thanks.

venis2k1
12-07-2004, 01:39 PM
not for more than 1.5 mil a year. he will make our team better though.

I'M A BELIEVER
12-07-2004, 01:55 PM

BIG leg and he is a fat ass to boot. I can already see the "Kickin Chickin Wing" promotions....

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

The guy is made for Buffalo!

I say if we are gonna start Drew next year, or keep him as a backup,
you only need 2 QBs cause Drew is so damn sturdy....

So take the funds you would be paying your third string QB and Lindell, and make a run at Janikowski.

He would make this team a lot better in terms of opposing teams drive starts and the ability to make some long f/g's.

DO THE RIGHT THING TOM!

Ebenezer
12-07-2004, 01:55 PM

I can see the other promotion...

"Get some GHB and drug your next potential victim....."

pass.

THATHURMANATOR
12-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Who cares as long as he can kick the ball. I would take him. Lindell consistantly misses big kicks.

venis2k1
12-07-2004, 02:35 PM
Who cares as long as he can kick the ball. I would take him.

that sounds like something a dolphins fan would say.

TheBrownBear
12-07-2004, 02:46 PM
I can see the other promotion...

"Get some GHB and drug your next potential victim....."

pass.
TheBrownBear says don't knock GHB til you try it. He had a real good time one night while rummaging the trash bins at a nightclub.

Mudflap1
12-07-2004, 02:49 PM
Janikowski would make the team better in terms of kicks, but probably hurt team chemistry, at least a little.

I'd rather have LT Walter Jones from Seattle. He's a free agent after the season. Jones-Williams as the tackles? That sounds pretty nice to me... Alexander and Hasselback I believe are free agents too at Seattle, so it's possible they won't be able to sign all three of those guys. Pay attention TD...

Jon

TheBrownBear
12-07-2004, 02:52 PM
Janikowski would make the team better in terms of kicks, but probably hurt team chemistry, at least a little.

I'd rather have LT Walter Jones from Seattle. He's a free agent after the season. Jones-Williams as the tackles? That sounds pretty nice to me... Alexander and Hasselback I believe are free agents too at Seattle, so it's possible they won't be able to sign all three of those guys. Pay attention TD...

Jon
TheBrownBear says that placekickers play no role in team chemistry. And for what it's worth, Janikowski is well liked by his Silver & Black teammates.

Mudflap1
12-07-2004, 03:01 PM
Janikowski may be well-liked by his Raiders teammates, but that's because their team chemistry is based on an outlaw, anarchic image. The Bills don't have that. They are more blue-collar, lunch pail-kinda guys, and Janikowski's dance club, drug abuse, woman abuse doesn't fit into that image as well as the Raiders.

True, a kicker is not responsible for chemistry as much as a quarterback, or other positions on the team, but if you are relying on your kicker to, say, win the Super Bowl for you (we've all been there...) wouldn't it be nice for the team, the kicker, and the fans to be in full support, instead of everyone viewing the guy as a jerk?

Still, LT is more important IMO. A Walter Jones would be a dramatic upgrade over Jonas Jennings, would improve Drew's blind side blocking (of whomever the QB is), and would balance the running attack to both sides. There are other kickers out there who aren't as pricey as Janikowski that would be an upgrade over Lindell.

Jon

TheBrownBear
12-07-2004, 03:08 PM
Janikowski may be well-liked by his Raiders teammates, but that's because their team chemistry is based on an outlaw, anarchic image. The Bills don't have that. They are more blue-collar, lunch pail-kinda guys, and Janikowski's dance club, drug abuse, woman abuse doesn't fit into that image as well as the Raiders.

True, a kicker is not responsible for chemistry as much as a quarterback, or other positions on the team, but if you are relying on your kicker to, say, win the Super Bowl for you (we've all been there...) wouldn't it be nice for the team, the kicker, and the fans to be in full support, instead of everyone viewing the guy as a jerk?

Still, LT is more important IMO. A Walter Jones would be a dramatic upgrade over Jonas Jennings, would improve Drew's blind side blocking (of whomever the QB is), and would balance the running attack to both sides. There are other kickers out there who aren't as pricey as Janikowski that would be an upgrade over Lindell.

Jon
Travis "sex with 14 yr-olds" Henry and Eric "Biological Didn't Bother" Moulds are not exactly upstanding citizens in TheBrownBear's view. But Bills fans have opened their arms to these prodigal sons. SeaBass is no worse.

Take a look at the fans' favorite player:
http://www.mslawyer.com/mssc/cases/20010802/9900994.html

Mudflap1
12-07-2004, 03:16 PM
Moulds has cleaned up his many act years ago, and Henry is being run out of town (not for his off-the-field acts, but he is being run out...) so I don't think it's fair to compare them to Janikowski, the Lawrence Phillips of kicking (in terms of criminal activity).

Jon

Jan Reimers
12-07-2004, 04:26 PM
The Bills won't knowingly go after a guy with the serious character issues that Janikowski brings. Let some team that doesn't care about off field behavior take him.

casdhf
12-07-2004, 05:48 PM
Another Buffalo Pollock!