X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MustWin
    • Aug 2004

2005 QB Situation

If we hypothetically run the table and make the playoffs and Drew hypothetically plays very well down the stretch are we obligated to start Deadthrow next season? Do we give him the Week 1 start but give him a very short leash?

Things could get interesting.

Also- How much more playing time do you expect JP to get down the stretch? Hopefully we can get big leads vs Clev and San Fran so he can play most of the 2nd half of the both games...
  • ScottLawrence
    • Jan 2004

If we do win out, that means Bledsoe has played well, and that means he should be back next year.

I don't think we win out as I think Bledsoe will come down from heaven and play terribly against the Bengals in two weeks.(Bledsoe=Tease.)

If Drew does perform well in this game, I would be VERY suprised and, would agree with a decision to have Bledsoe back next year.
    You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• FTG
      • Aug 2004

If we win out and Drew plays well in every game I don't have a problem with him comming back but there should be a competition in training camp for the starting job. He has a long history of poor play so I'm gonna be very hesitant to trust that he's changed for good. Sort of like Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.
      Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

Anyone else tired of talking about next season? We're on a hot streak, lets just enjoy the ride before a loss brings us crashing down. THEN we talk about '05 lol.
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by FTG
          If we win out and Drew plays well in every game I don't have a problem with him comming back but there should be a competition in training camp for the starting job. He has a long history of poor play so I'm gonna be very hesitant to trust that he's changed for good. Sort of like Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.
          Agreed, although I would have to be convinced it was a *true* competition and also his contract would need reworking again. No way you pay a guy over $6M to be a backup.

Comment

• Kenny
            • Aug 2004

Like others have mentioned before on this board... The problem with Bledsoe is his inability to win games against the good teams.
            Whenever a big game comes up, he seems to always choke.

Im not truly convinced that Bledsoe should be our QB for next year yet. The only performance he had which I was impressed with was last Sunday when he (and not McGahee or our defense) was repsonsible for our win.
            Other than last Sunday's performance, I dont really see anything special about Bledsoe that Losman shouldnt be able to do next season. But if Bledsoe keeps up this performance, than yes... he should get the start.

But as of right now, I say it's open competition for the starting spot when minicamps/preseason starts next year.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

If Buffalo ends up 9-7 or 106, I think Drew will be back. Anything less than that and I'm not sure what the Bills will do. I agree that there is still a question about whether Drew can step it up agains top notch defenses and great teams. However, he has made leaps and bounds thus far this season in his play, and one could make the argument than having come this far, he ought to be given at least the chance to to take the next step and play well against the elite teams in the league.

I still don't think there is any question that JP Losman is the futureof quaterbacking in Buffalo, but I don't think there is any harm to his development by backing up Drew for another year. If the Bills need him to step in, he's available. He will be at least the #2 QB next season.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                • May 2003

As long as Drew continues to play well he deserves to start. You know people ***** and complain about this guy constantly, but it is not as if there are any other options, and besides he is better than half the starting quarterbacks in this league. Drew will be back next year, and I seriously doubt that Losman will be able to wrest the job from him. I really don't see what all the fuss is about. Forget about what Drew has done or hasn't done. If the Ravens won with Trent Dilfer then why can't we win with Drew Bledsoe? Contrary to popular belief, the Bills are not rebuilding. This team and coaching staff has been assembled to get us into the playoffs and in a position to contend for a title. We did not get it done last year, as the team was largely believed to be poorly coached and underachieved, the jury is still out on this year, and there is always next year (the third year). There is already too much time and money invested to go into rebuild mold. Like it or not, this organization is sold on Bledsoe and he will be our starting quarterback at least until 2006.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                  Maybe?
                  • Oct 2003

Originally posted by bills_fan_atic
                  besides he is better than half the starting quarterbacks in this league.
                  Well almost half...he is currently ranked 19th in the league.
                  Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 12-08-2004, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• The Predator
                    • Nov 2004

Last Sunday Bledsoe Had A Good Game Against The Worst Team In The AFC, The 2-11 Dolphins, And All of The Sudden This Is A Debate Again???

Losman 05

"If Your Attack Is Going Well, Your Probably Walking Into An Ambush"

Comment

• rtconner
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                      If we do win out, that means Bledsoe has played well, and that means he should be back next year.

I don't think we win out as I think Bledsoe will come down from heaven and play terribly against the Bengals in two weeks.(Bledsoe=Tease.)

If Drew does perform well in this game, I would be VERY suprised and, would agree with a decision to have Bledsoe back next year.
                      dang yo, you want to put money on this game? you don't think he'll play well. I bet you he does.
                      All knowing

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Predator

Last Sunday Bledsoe Had A Good Game Against The Worst Team In The AFC, The 2-11 Dolphins, And All of The Sudden This Is A Debate Again???

Losman 05
                        Dolphins have the second-best pass defense in the NFL yet Bledsoe torched them
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• shotgun
                          stop smokeing for your own health
                          • May 2004

u know what no matter what we think or what we say on this or any other board will not make up M.M or .T.D mind about who will be the qb next year ... when the bills run the table and make the playoffs this year... that means bledsoe should be the starter next year why because the kid jp dose not have the exp yet to start ... but if we do not run the table and not make it into the playoffs then we should start the kid jp. and he will have exp for next year and then a new era starts ... ok ... ok fine becuase that all that can happen .... go bills ... because no matter what happens eather or .. or will happen .... ok so get your superbowl tickets now ... :-)

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

The object is always to win. If we continue to win down the stretch with Drew, he remains our QB for this season and will be the odds on favorite to start next year. If we falter, JP gets some time this season, and a chance to compete for the number 1 job in camp next year.

I think we DO NOT pull an idiotic Bengals move and announce that JP is the starter next season, come Hell or high water.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                              • May 2004

I confess to being one of the biggest Bledsoe detractors on this board.

I just have never thought he was a champion.

The only thing that has me wondering about this guy is .....here he is in the twilight of his career.....maybe he finally realizes it and maybe he is coming into his own as a complete qb.

I think QBs get better with age as long as they aren't hurt.

Look at Elway and Randall Cunningham and even Warren Moon.

I can't think of a QB that all of a sudden became much better at Drew's age but maybe it has happened.

I think you see most older QBs skills deteriorate because of nagging injuries that they just cannot recover from or overcome.

What do you think?
                              "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                              --Leo Durocher

Comment

Working...
                              X