PDA

View Full Version : BZFFL#1 Week 11 Recap

lordofgun
11-19-2002, 09:58 AM
<h1>BZFFL#1 Week 11 Recap</h1><h3>The Cows come home</h3><p><b>The Route 20A Cows (Philagape) – 104<br>Lake Eerie Monsters (SB43) – 113</b><p>After an impressive 10 game stint to start the season, The Route 20A Cows’ (10-1) winning streak is over. It took a Herculean effort by the Lake Eerie Monsters (7-4) to knock off the top dog, but thanks to Duce Staley and the Broncos D, who each scored 27, the Monsters finally prevailed. 20 from revitalized Payton Manning also helped their cause.<p>The Cows first defeat is really nothing to be ashamed of. Chad Pennington led the scoring with 33, followed by 24 from Ricky Williams. Although they fought a hard fight, they could have won this one with different starters as their bench scored 82.<p>Outlook: The Cows’ lead shrinks to 2 in the East. The Monsters remain just one game out of first in the Central with 3 to play.<p><b>Yonkers Platypi Trappers (BF1) - 59<br>Earthquake Zone (Earthquake Enyart) – 101</b><p>Earthquake Zone (8-3) steamrolled the Yonkers Platypi Trappers (3-7-1) on the way to their 7th straight win! Terrell Owens, who started out the season slowly was in the zone yesterday, sporting 29 points. 4 other starters also scored in double figures for ‘Quake.<p>Well unfortunately for the Trappers, the Bills Offense has slowed down. What looked like a great gamble at the beginning of the year has turned into a flop. Travis Henry scored an adequate 15, but Bledsoe, Price, and Moulds accounted for only 26 total.<p>Outlook: While EZ has racked up 7 straight wins, he still would not make the playoffs if they started today due to tiebreakers. However, they are not out of it by much. Yonkers is officially eliminated.<p><b>Ebenezer - 117<br>Aero Planes (Aero II) - 108</b><p>Ebenezer (8-3) got production from everyone this week, including 6 of 8 starters who scored 13 or more. Clinton Portis’ 18, and Amani Toomer’s 15 were topped only by Donovan McNabb and his whopping 30 points. Unfortunately for Eb, McNabb is out for the rest of the Fantasy season, and he’ll either have to rely on the unreliable Drew Brees, or some other waiver wire fodder to try and hold on to his precarious lead in the Central.<P>Aero Planes (5-6), the highest scoring team in the league, are below .500. Just another strange happening in this crazy 2002 NFL/FFL season where anything can happen. The Planes would have beaten any other team on this day, but that’s indicative of how this season has gone for them. Score a lot, lose by a little. Hines Ward and Marvin Harrison combined for 55 points. This was also a case of not starting the right people, as a different combination of starters would have yielded a win for the Planes.<p>Outlook: Ebenezer has the lead in the Central thanks to the Division Record tiebreaker. Aero Planes, while under .500, are STILL leading the West thanks to the points tiebreaker.<p><b>TacklingDummyRJ – 49<br>Ferdilizers (CalBillsFan) – 92</b><p>While only 3 starters scored more than 9 points for the Ferdilizers (5-6), 25 from Jeff Garcia, 23 from the Colts D, and 10 from Corey Dillon was enough to rout the lowly TacklingDummyRJ (1-10), who did not have a single player in double digits.<p>Outlook: Ferdilizers are tied for first in the West. TDRJ was dead a long time ago, and is showing no signs of life.<p><b>Hart Attack (Don137) – 95<br>Rochester Rampage (Mike32282) – 80
</b><p>Hart Attack (8-3) took advantage of a weak Rochester Rampage (4-7) team to climb closer to the Eastern Division-leading Cows. 5 players reached the tens place, led by the amazing Bucs D, Aaron Brooks, and Donald Driver with 22, 21, and 18 points respectively.<p>The Rampage has lost 2 straight thanks to Jerry Porter who was shut out, and 3 other starters who scored in single digits.<p>Outlook: Hart Attack is now just 2 games behind the Cows in the East. The Rampage are still only one game out of first in the West.<p><b>The Mean Sharks (lordofgun) – 76<br>Clumping Platelets – 70</b><p>The Mean Sharks (3-8) are finally showing some teeth at the end of the season. They may be the ultimate spoiler team as they have won 3 of their last 4 games.<p>Clumping Platelets’ (3-7-1) disappointing season may have just ended. 20 from Eddie George was the only score worth mentioning.<p>Outlook: The Mean Sharks are not playoff eligible. CP, however, is still only 1.5 games out of first in the West with 3 to go, and could still make the playoffs.<p><b>WEEK 12 Game of the week:</b> Ebenezer vs. Earthquake Zone: Finally, the matchup that we’ve all been waiting for. Ebenezer and Earthquake Zone duke it out for first in the Central. Both teams control their destiny right now, so a win is crucial for both teams. Earthquake Zone can finally gain a playoff position with his 8th straight win. A McNabb-less Ebenezer is hoping the rest of his team can pick up the slack. Anyone want to lay some ZoneBucks on this one? Watch it end in a tie.<hr>If the season ended after Monday Night’s game, playoff teams would be:<p>1. The Route 20A Cows (East)<br>2. Ebenezer (Central)<br>3. Aero Planes (West)<br>4. Hart Attack (wild card)<p>Teams eliminated from the playoffs: The Mean Sharks, TacklingDummyRJ, Yonkers Platypi Trappers

LtBillsFan66
11-19-2002, 10:11 AM
Dang

clumping platelets
11-19-2002, 10:17 AM
Fix is in!

Earthquake Enyart
11-19-2002, 10:59 AM
Seven wins in a row and I'm STILL not in the playoffs???:madcurse:

TacklingDummy
11-19-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
[B]Seven wins in a row and I'm STILL not in the playoffs???:madcurse:

I still got 1 win in me. Last game of the year im gonna win. I already beat him once.

EE:hammeru: TD

I am EE nightmare. I may cost him the divison or playoffs.

Earthquake Enyart
11-19-2002, 12:56 PM
I just may have to go and get Jim Miller back.

don137
11-19-2002, 03:39 PM
What is the first tie breaker in aking the playoffs? EE and I have the same record but I believe he beat me so if it is Head to Head I believe he is in but if the first tie breaker is points then I am holding on by a hair.

lordofgun
11-19-2002, 03:43 PM
For Division title, it is:

1. Record in your division
2. Total points for

For Wild Card, it is:

1. Total points for