PDA

View Full Version : Should we be worried about Moulds?

justasportsfan
12-08-2004, 07:59 AM
"Moulds has always been pretty outspoken when he feels the Bills offense isn’t doing all it can do or should do to get him involved, and many times he’s right on target."

"Which brings us back to Moulds, who oddly enough bolted out of the Bills locker room in Miami without saying much to anybody, even though he had 5 catches for 68 yards, including an eye-opening 30 yard catch and run for a touchdown.

Bledsoe noticed it, but addressed it very subtly after the game when talking to the media about his 4 touchdown/ 0 interception day."

-----------

The only reason why Evans is having success is because teams are double teaming Moulds. I still think that Moulds is the best player on this team. Evans is like Price who makes a living by outrunning defenses but I doubt he could've made the moves Moulds put on the Miami D when he made a TD.

Now that Euhus is starting to come out, hopefully Reed get's better in the slot, we should try throwing deeper to Moulds instead of positioning him 5-10yds.

RedEyE
12-08-2004, 08:03 AM
This could just be media hype....

..but in case it's not, I can totally sense Moulds' frustrations. He has been a giving player from day 1 and it hasn't been filled with a lot of praise or reward.

Mahdi
12-08-2004, 08:06 AM
I agree I think Moulds is a crucial part of this offense and there arent many recievers in the NFL who could step in here and do what he does. He's not getting too many big plays but he's awesome across the middle. Especially that catch he made with Madison all over him AND there was passing interference called.

RedEyE
12-08-2004, 08:14 AM
Personally, I hope that Moulds starts to play with a vendetta. He needs to get angry to take his play up a notch. I love it when Moulds is aggressive and hard fought. He'll light the league up.

RedEyE
12-08-2004, 08:14 AM
Also, welcome to the boards Mahdi!

Tatonka
12-08-2004, 08:15 AM
moulds needs to get over his damn self.. his play has been less than stellar this year.. he is showing that he is getting older imho..

and this is what kills me..

we are ****ing winning.. who cares what your stats are.. you think peerless is throwing hissy fits or stomping out of the locker room? hell no.. he is happy to be winning.

what could moulds possibly be upset about? i can think of 7 million reasons he should stop pouting.. and about 6 of 8 more reasons when i think real hard.

RedEyE
12-08-2004, 08:19 AM
moulds needs to get over his damn self.. his play has been less than stellar this year.. he is showing that he is getting older imho..

we are ****ing winning.. who cares what your stats are.. you think peerless is throwing hissy fits or stomping out of the locker room? hell no.. he is happy to be winning.

what could moulds possibly be upset about? i can think of 7 million reasons he should stop pouting.. and about 6 of 8 more reasons when i think real hard.

Actually Price had been raising a stink about not seeing the ball. Then when they started throwing his way more, he couldn't get the grabs. Now he keeps his mouth shut. He's been humbled by the lack of his own talent.

Moulds on the other hand is a classy player and I think that you're reading too much into this. Don't jump the gun. His media avoidance might be prompted from many things, including the disappointment of his own performance. The media is just pushing for a story that is most likely not there.

don137
12-08-2004, 08:23 AM

I agree T. The team is winning why complain (if it is true). The phins game was the first game this year where Moulds did not drop a pass and actually broke some tackles for a TD. I thought it was his best game this year. Not sure if it is the media or not but if it is him he needs to get over it especially since other than the phins game his level of play is below previous years. He is still a great receiver...

Ebenezer
12-08-2004, 08:24 AM
I'll give you 8.6 million reasons why we should worry about Moulds next season....salary cap.

Mahdi
12-08-2004, 08:25 AM
Also, welcome to the boards Mahdi!
Thanks!

RedEyE
12-08-2004, 08:27 AM
I'll give you 8.6 million reasons why we should worry about Moulds next season....salary cap.

Oh he's most defiinitly leaving, I don't doubt that. They're will be many teams willing to dish out the bread for Moulds.

Now, do we pick up another WR early in the draft this year or next?

Tatonka
12-08-2004, 08:29 AM
i think moulds stays..

i think the market for a 31 year old wr might be a bit smaller than you think.. no one will pay him 8.6 millon.. no one.

i would be happy if we knocked him down to drews god awful salary.

Ebenezer
12-08-2004, 08:31 AM
Oh he's most defiinitly leaving, I don't doubt that. They're will be many teams willing to dish out the bread for Moulds.

Now, do we pick up another WR early in the draft this year or next?
don't be surprised if he doesn't leave....the Bills know his worth...Evans isn't as wide open on that bomb if the 'Fins DBs don't bite on Moulds short. Look what happen to the passing game when they broke up Moulds/Price. Who do you replace Moulds with? He just can't bolt. He is under contract for 2 years. If he doesn't want to redo his contract the Bills have enough room to let him stay.

RedEyE
12-08-2004, 08:32 AM
i think moulds stays..

i think the market for a 31 year old wr might be a bit smaller than you think.. no one will pay him 8.6 millon.. no one.

Is Moulds willing to stay? He's gambled on this team once and got burned. I'm not sure if he'll take his chances a second time. He's going to want a shot at making a SB.

Ebenezer
12-08-2004, 08:35 AM
i think moulds stays..

check out what DB gets paid in comparison to other QBs...again, what would you like to pay him a year?? The minimum? Fat chance. IF you cut him at the end of the year you watch the teams that line up to get him.

don137
12-08-2004, 08:35 AM
Mushin Muhammed will be cut by the Panthers because his cap figure next year is outrageous. It is something around 11 million. If Moulds does not want to take a pay cut Muhammed could be had fairly inexpensive.

ryjam282
12-08-2004, 08:44 AM
Is Moulds willing to stay? He's gambled on this team once and got burned. I'm not sure if he'll take his chances a second time. He's going to want a shot at making a SB.

Willing or not, he is under contract. How has he gotten burned by us? He is our #1 WR and we brought in a QB that can get him the ball downfield (sometimes). There is no chances to take. I think EMo is fine, he is doing what he has always done, just not as productive this year. I chalk that up to double coverage and Drew not having time to throw all the time. Either way, we are winning football games. If that means he gets 0 catches and triple covered or 18 catches with single coverage. A win is a win and he should be happy.

check out what DB gets paid in comparison to other QBs...again, what would you like to pay him a year?? The minimum? Fat chance. IF you cut him at the end of the year you watch the teams that line up to get him.

Who would be lined up? I guess a few teams do need a backup QB. Cause a starter he is not.

Mahdi
12-08-2004, 08:50 AM
Moulds is 7th in the NFL in receptions and just 8 behind the leader. It's not that he's not getting production. I think we are just emphasizing the short patterns more in order to get the ball out of DB's hands quicker which means less big plays.

Tatonka
12-08-2004, 08:54 AM

he made 30 million so far.. i seriously doubt he is feeling burned.. maybe a little disappointed.. but he will get over it.

RedEyE
12-08-2004, 08:54 AM
Willing or not, he is under contract. How has he gotten burned by us? He is our #1 WR and we brought in a QB that can get him the ball downfield (sometimes). There is no chances to take. I think EMo is fine, he is doing what he has always done, just not as productive this year. I chalk that up to double coverage and Drew not having time to throw all the time. Either way, we are winning football games. If that means he gets 0 catches and triple covered or 18 catches with single coverage. A win is a win and he should be happy.

Who would be lined up? I guess a few teams do need a backup QB. Cause a starter he is not.

He gambled by deciding to cut a contract with Buffalo the last time he was up for renegotiations. Since then, this team has horribly underperformed. Moulds understands that he is getting older, that the game has passed by his current QB, and that the future QB of this franchise will need several years to adapt.

He'll fish the market, and someone will reel him in big. No doubt about it in my mind.

In fact, I'm almost willing to say that if TD catches the slightest inclination that Moulds is considering not returning to Buffalo, TD will bait him for trade .

RedEyE
12-08-2004, 08:56 AM
he made 30 million so far.. i seriously doubt he is feeling burned.. maybe a little disappointed.. but he will get over it.

Yeah, I needed to clarify my terminology. See my post after that one..

Tatonka
12-08-2004, 08:58 AM
i think like pat williams.. eric will be a life long bill.. i just dont see him going somewhere else.