PDA

View Full Version : To those who want GW/KG out of here-

Judge
11-19-2002, 10:24 AM
are you crazy?

What's wrong with you?

How can you seriously believe that this team would be better off by letting these guys go?

This is a team that has improved immensely since last year. As expected, nobody has taken up my challenge to prove statistically how this team has NOT improved from last year. What a surprise.

Absent a complete collapse to end the season, which I do not see coming based on how competitive this team has proven to be, cleaning house by getting rid of the coaching staff will put this team back to the starting block, and throw out what's been developed.

You want to start over under a new system again? Why, when the returns have been so promising so far?

It doesn't make any sense, does it?

LMB
11-19-2002, 10:43 AM
KG should stay. Williams and Grey should go. There nothing here for them. Niether has what it takes to do their job.

TacklingDummy
11-19-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Judge

You want to start over under a new system again? Why, when the returns have been so promising so far?

On defense,YES. And since GW brought this 46 defense to Buffalo he can go along with it.

GW continues to make mistake after mistake. I can count many this year alone.

1) Going for 2 in the Minnesota game.
2) Not calling a replay on Jay R. TD catch against NE.
3) Not letting the Chiefs score.
4) Penalties: A result of bad coaching.

Not to mention, no pass rush, few sacks, few turnovers 11 in 10 games(take away the Miami game and we have 5), We only have 1 Int. in the 9 games that we didn't play Miami.

I don't really want Gilbride as the next Head Coach. But it is going to happen.

casdhf
11-19-2002, 10:48 AM
Not letting the Chiefs score? The Defense stopped Holmes all day, why let him march down the field and score on one play and need a TD and 2 point, when if we stop him we only need a FG? Not to mention, if you thought of this idea, I'm sure everyone else on earth was aware of it too. Who's to say that Holmes would score, why not just fall down after picking up another first down?

Earthquake Enyart
11-19-2002, 10:49 AM
If not Gilbride, it may be Harvey Johnson.

They better not make Gilbride the next head coach. What a horrendous mistake that would be.

Face it, there will be more than a few new faces here next year, especially on D. Getting rid of GW and JG will not hurt too much.

Ralph remembers Houston blowing that lead. Hopefully there is no way in hell that KG takes over.

TacklingDummy
11-19-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by casdhf
Not to mention, if you thought of this idea, I'm sure everyone else on earth was aware of it too. Who's to say that Holmes would score, why not just fall down after picking up another first down?

GW thought of this idea. When he thought of it, it was to late. I thought of it as soon as the Chiefs got the ball back. And as soon as Holmes ripped off a 15 and 12 yard run, I knew we would not get the ball back.

Me and many other people thought of this idea. Whats that say about our head coach when he thinks of it after the game is over?

Butch
11-19-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Judge
are you crazy?

What's wrong with you?

How can you seriously believe that this team would be better off by letting these guys go?

This is a team that has improved immensely since last year. As expected, nobody has taken up my challenge to prove statistically how this team has NOT improved from last year. What a surprise.

Absent a complete collapse to end the season, which I do not see coming based on how competitive this team has proven to be, cleaning house by getting rid of the coaching staff will put this team back to the starting block, and throw out what's been developed.

It doesn't make any sense, does it?

You are kidding, right? If Jon Gruden is our head coach, we would have won the K.C. game hands down. Besides, how would we even be starting under a new system when we don't even have a system on defense? We don't even have a system on offense, we ditched the west coast offense after one year.

LMB
11-19-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
Not letting the Chiefs score? The Defense stopped Holmes all day, why let him march down the field and score on one play and need a TD and 2 point, when if we stop him we only need a FG? Not to mention, if you thought of this idea, I'm sure everyone else on earth was aware of it too. Who's to say that Holmes would score, why not just fall down after picking up another first down?

The offence did more to stop KC from scoring by keeping our oops Gregs D off the field.

WG
11-19-2002, 03:07 PM
Marvin Lewis. At least he knows how to motivate a team to come out and hit hard. That'd be a huge plus right there.

lordofgun
11-19-2002, 03:20 PM
We usually come out and hit hard...just 30 yards down the field. :D

colin
11-19-2002, 03:31 PM
The question I have is who is gonna come in and do better? I was against JG when we got eaten by NE, but I think he had his unit do some fine work against KC. Gilbride has done some things very well, but he has made some ******ed decisions, all based on passing when he shouldn't, too.

lordofgun
11-19-2002, 03:34 PM
I'd like to know what percentage of the passing plays were called by Bledsoe. Gilbride sends in the plays, but how often does Drew change the play? Maybe Drew shouldn't have so much power?

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

LMB
11-19-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
We usually come out and hit hard...just 30 yards down the field. :D

What fine work they sat on their a$$'s allday then when we needed them the folded like a house of cards. Just my opinion

LMB
11-19-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by colin
The question I have is who is gonna come in and do better? I was against JG when we got eaten by NE, but I think he had his unit do some fine work against KC. Gilbride has done some things very well, but he has made some ******ed decisions, all based on passing when he shouldn't, too.

Worng quote, before

DIHARD2
11-19-2002, 08:26 PM
If I'm not mistaken Bledsoe has the final say in what play will be ran at any given time. He is suppos to be able to read Defense, and change the play if he reads it correctly. So the pass plays in the red zone I think have more to do with what Bledsoe is reading from the way the Defense is set up.

For some reason Bledsoe for last three games and receivers have been out of sync. I don't know if it's the play calling or Bledsoe's decision-making at this time should be at fault.

G. W. has been floundering in is split second decision-making during the game. Or whoever's giving him information from the booth has been slacking. Either way I don't think at this time G. W. will ever learn how to make a quick decision, it's something you can't learn it is something that should come naturally.

I think his organizing skills work against him in that aspect of the game. He cannot analyze quickly enough he relies too much on too much information, during the game. You have to go with what is being done by the other team and adjust on your feet.

Now if we were able to control the game and make the other team play our game then I think he would shine. We do not have the defense at this time in order to make that scenario work.

I still say except for the decision-making ability during the game he would make a good coach once he has all the tools to make his game plan work. Unfortunately this year it's not happening and he should have been willing to adjust to what's going on, on the field. It is making him look bad.

If we finish a 7/9 or better G. W. and his staff will be here next year. So get used to it and accept it. Hopefully we'll get the defense players that we need to dominate and control the game next year.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

Buffarama
11-19-2002, 10:23 PM
Is Joe Gibbs young enough to coach again?

LMB
11-20-2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Buffarama
Is Joe Gibbs young enough to coach again?

Yes he is but he is making so much cake in NASCAR. The guy still has it. Took 2 of the last 3 cups.

LtBillsFan66
11-20-2002, 09:09 AM
KG STAYS!!!!!

We have the 6th ranked offense!!!

WG
11-20-2002, 09:11 AM
It was first!

At this rate it'll be around 10th by season's end. How about waiting to see if we can score more than 16 PPG for the rest of the season before giving him a pass.

;)

WG
11-20-2002, 09:11 AM
...and with the talent we have, there's no reason on earth w/o any significant injuries as we've been fortunate with, that we shouldn't be among the top 5!

IMO it's the coaching that's preventing that from happening by not managing/utilizing the talent that we have at the appropriate times.

ublinkwescore
11-20-2002, 11:30 AM
All I've got to say is that if we don't win our next game against the jets, our season ends in December. We can't afford another loss at this time of the season.