PDA

View Full Version : For the sake of argument, let's assume the Bills take the last playoff spot....

OpIv37
12-08-2004, 08:39 AM
and nothing else in the current playoff picture changes. I'm not convinced that it's going to happen- just wondering how things might go in the playoffs if it did. This mean's we'd have to play a road game at either SD or Indianapolis. Can we beat either of these teams? I'd like our chances against either team in Buffalo- the January weather will kill their passing games. But on the road I think either team would be really tough to beat. We'd probably stand a better chance against SD- I think Pat and Sam could shut down the middle for Tomlinson, which would mean we'd only have to shut down Gates. The Bills secondary has been vulnerable this year, especially on the road, so Indy would be a huge concern.

justasportsfan
12-08-2004, 09:04 AM
and nothing else in the current playoff picture changes. I'm not convinced that it's going to happen- just wondering how things might go in the playoffs if it did. This mean's we'd have to play a road game at either SD or Indianapolis. Can we beat either of these teams? I'd like our chances against either team in Buffalo- the January weather will kill their passing games. But on the road I think either team would be really tough to beat. We'd probably stand a better chance against SD- I think Pat and Sam could shut down the middle for Tomlinson, which would mean we'd only have to shut down Gates. The Bills secondary has been vulnerable this year, especially on the road, so Indy would be a huge concern. For us to win playoff games, McGahee will have to consistently play like a probowler. No way we go deep if the team depends on Drew to carry the team on his shoulders.

Stewie
12-08-2004, 09:07 AM
I don't think we could stop Indy if we played 12 guys on defense.

Mahdi
12-08-2004, 09:13 AM
For us to win a playoff game would depend greatly on our O-line. If we can protect Drew and open better holes than we have been for McGahee we can definitely win. If not theres no chance.

alohabillsfan
12-08-2004, 09:32 AM
We have to play our defense! How many of you noticed in the Miami game that we rushed 4 dropped 7 in an attempt to cover and intercept passes, the result- 3 TD's and made feeley look like the second coming of Marino. only then did Jerry Gray say enough and started with the blitzes the result 5 interceptions, nuff said play our d and dictate them to change.

Mahdi
12-08-2004, 09:35 AM
We have to play our defense! How many of you noticed in the Miami game that we rushed 4 dropped 7 in an attempt to cover and intercept passes, the result- 3 TD's and made feeley look like the second coming of Marino. only then did Jerry Gray say enough and started with the blitzes the result 5 interceptions, nuff said play our d and dictate them to change.
ya I really didnt understand why we werent blitzing to start with. And it took 3 TDs to make the change.

Devin
12-08-2004, 09:39 AM
In a dome on the road Indy would treat us like the new guy on the block in prison.

However I believe against SD we have a better then average chance to beat them.

LarryBoy
12-08-2004, 09:48 AM
Hey...you never know....thats why they play the game!

TedMock
12-08-2004, 10:21 AM
I doubt we beat either team on the road, but our chances are much better against San Diego. Primarily because our run-D is our strength. I'd be pissed if we lost to either, but I'd consider a first round loss a huge success after starting 0-4. There'd be (is) quite a bit to build on. The main things would be the veteran/youth mix on this team is awesome, and this team has shown more character than any in recent years. They have never quit. This includes the coaching staff.

CAbills
12-08-2004, 01:11 PM
Yea I want no part of Indy and that offense. I think we could handle SD, or if nothing else put up a fight. I am going to school at Purdue and we get all the Indy games that offense is scary.

Mr. Cynical
12-08-2004, 05:34 PM
The only hope of making it to the SB (yes, I'm going as far out on the limb as humanly possible) is for the Jets to beat Indy and the Pats. We can't beat either of those teams IMO.

Week 1:
We beat the Chargers
Jets beat the Colts

Week 2:
We beat the Steelers
Jets beat the Pats

Week3:
We beat the Jets

Any other scenario and I don't think we get there. (again, this is pure fantasy, but the only fantasy that works)

Ebenezer
12-08-2004, 05:42 PM
The only hope of making it to the SB (yes, I'm going as far out on the limb as humanly possible) is for the Jets to beat Indy and the Pats. We can't beat either of those teams IMO.

Week 1:
We beat the Chargers
Jets beat the Colts

Week 2:
We beat the Steelers
Jets beat the Pats

Week3:
We beat the Jets

Any other scenario and I don't think we get there. (again, this is pure fantasy, but the only fantasy that works)
Come playoff time I actually will worry about the defense more about the offense. The bills will not get a home playoff game. To win on the road will take a huge effort, i.e., holding the opponent to less than 20 or maybe even 16 points. I don't know if this defense can do that to Indi or SD. And, Drew can always have a klunker if he has to come back from a deficit.

THATHURMANATOR
12-08-2004, 05:47 PM
I think we matchup better with San Diego than Indianapolis.

TigerJ
12-08-2004, 06:24 PM
Hmm, so do you think against Indianapolis the league would allow Buffalo's DBs to carry lassos?

THATHURMANATOR
12-08-2004, 06:25 PM
LOL

Bill Brasky
12-08-2004, 07:54 PM
Hmm, so do you think against Indianapolis the league would allow Buffalo's DBs to carry lassos?

:rofl:

G. Host
12-08-2004, 08:31 PM

No but they might let us change jerseys to Patriots jersey and hit and hold them beyond 5 yard line.