PDA

View Full Version : To all the Drew-Bashers

Forward_Lateral
12-08-2004, 02:48 PM
If the Defense hadn't have blown the Jags and Jets game, and instead of 6-6, we were 8-4, would you still be bashing Drew? I'm sure most of you would, because for some reason Drew is hated because of one poor season.

justasportsfan
12-08-2004, 03:13 PM
If the Defense hadn't have blown the Jags and Jets game, and instead of 6-6, we were 8-4, would you still be bashing Drew? I'm sure most of you would, because for some reason Drew is hated because of one poor season.

Nobody blamed Drew for that loss. No one is blaming Drew for our being .500.

Based on what has transpired this season . He's been an asset unlike last year where he was a liability but he is far from being the Main reason for our success but part of it. He been part of our failures too. When he's good, he's really good. When he sucks, he really sucks.

One thing I've seen w/ Drew the last 3 games is that inspite of making mistakes, he's come back and made up for it. Kinda like when Kelly was qb.

I wish he was like that whenever he faced the Pats. For some reason, he looks so freakin scared before the game even starts against them.

So far this year, he's been an above average qb but I wouldn't consider him an elite qb.

Ebenezer
12-08-2004, 03:15 PM
Nobody blamed Drew for that loss. No one is blaming Drew for our being .500.

Based on what has transpired this season . He's been an asset unlike last year where he was a liability but he is far from being the Main reason for our success but part of it. He been part of our failures too. When he's good, he's really good. When he sucks, he really sucks.

One thing I've seen w/ Drew the last 3 games is that inspite of making mistakes, he's come back and made up for it. Kinda like when Kelly was qb.

I wish he was like that whenever he faced the Pats. For some reason, he looks so freakin scared before the game even starts against them.

So far this year, he's been an above average qb but I wouldn't consider him an elite qb.
I agree...for whatever reason, last season he was atrocious...he has played good games this year...that tells me that GW/KG/OL coach were more the problem than DB. QB is a position of confidence....obviously, he had to get his back.

EDS
12-08-2004, 03:16 PM
I am not a drew basher but I still think posts like this are counter-productive.

Tatonka
12-08-2004, 03:16 PM
it is posts like this that start all this **** on this board and then anyone who defends this point of view has a bunch of ****** cry about posting on the drew topic too much.

if drew didnt blow the baltimore or new england game what kind of shape would we be in.. being that baltimore is ahead of us as well and new england wouldnt be able to catch pitt, so pitt could take the last game off..

and drew is hated for alot more than one poor season.. do a search and read my 100 posts from last week.

Ebenezer
12-08-2004, 03:20 PM
it is posts like this that start all this **** on this board and then anyone who defends this point of view has a bunch of ****** cry about posting on the drew topic too much.

if drew didnt blow the baltimore or new england game what kind of shape would we be in.. being that baltimore is ahead of us as well and new england wouldnt be able to catch pitt, so pitt could take the last game off..

and drew is hated for alot more than one poor season.. do a search and read my 100 posts from last week.
T...take a seat for a minute...I edited that post without warning...you know better than that...the next one gets a warning.

Tatonka
12-08-2004, 03:23 PM
you said yourself.. if i dont direct my comment to one specific person.. then it is not a warnable offense.. just like in the political forum... like saying republicans suck.

justasportsfan
12-08-2004, 03:31 PM
I agree...for whatever reason, last season he was atrocious...he has played good games this year...that tells me that GW/KG/OL coach were more the problem than DB. QB is a position of confidence....obviously, he had to get his back. Ah no. Drew should have as much blame as the above 3 you mentioned. Remember flutie had the same problems drew had and yet we made playoffs twice. He wasn't great but he wasn't a liability on the field.

what people don't see is that Drew limits our possibilities offensively. All any team has to do is manhandle our Ol and Drew is finished unlike other qb's that can move in the pocket and make decent decisions under pressure. In other words, this team has to tailor fit to Drew to be successful offensively.

Forward_Lateral
12-08-2004, 03:53 PM

Sooooo, because you don't like this thread, it's stupid? We are all have to read your constant Drew complaints and bashing, but the moment someone asks a simple question, you fly off the handle? Gimme a break. You won't answer the question, because we all know the answer to it already. Anyone who would rather see the team NOT make the playoffs, than to make the playoffs and lose, I have no use for. Maybe you should become a Pats fan, where everything is perfect, although I'm sure you'd probably find something to whine about there to.

Tatonka
12-08-2004, 04:30 PM
Sooooo, because you don't like this thread, it's stupid? We are all have to read your constant Drew complaints and bashing, but the moment someone asks a simple question, you fly off the handle? Gimme a break. You won't answer the question, because we all know the answer to it already. Anyone who would rather see the team NOT make the playoffs, than to make the playoffs and lose, I have no use for. Maybe you should become a Pats fan, where everything is perfect, although I'm sure you'd probably find something to whine about there to.

ok.. now who is flying off the handle.. i critiqued your THREAD by saying that threads like this start these type of arguments.. this is just an extension of the other arguements about drew on 100 other threads.. i didnt say it was stupid.. you said that.. stop putting ****ing words in my mouth.. WTF is it with people today and trying to tell ME what i just said..

and your question has an obvious answer.. of coarse we all know the answer.. were the jets and jacksonville games ALL drews fault?? of coarse not.. but did DREW lead us to more than 10 god damn points?? hell no he didnt.. he didnt do crap.. AND the defense let us down at the last second.. so NO.. i dont blame drew totally for that... i do blame drew alot more for the baltimore and new england games in which his piss poor play cost us huge.. that was more of a drew effort than a collective team loss, althought again.. the TEAM has something to do with every loss and every win.. so the loss is not EVER soley on drew.. or soley on this part of the team or that..

on to the other part of your question....

if we were 8-4 sitting right in the playoff mix right now would i still be calling for drews head.. no, probly not near as much.. i am really not calling for drews head right now.. because as i have stated a thousand times, jp probably wouldnt do any better.. but the point still is, drew is not a winner.. so even if we were sitting at 8-4 because the defense did its job.. drew still sucked a fat one in the only two tough road teams we had to play.. and he will do the same in the playoffs..

let me ask you a question.. do you have confidence in drew bledsoe to win in the playoffs, and if so, what gives you that confidence?

and as far as you telling me i would rather see the bills not go to the playoffs than go and loss.. you need to reread my god damn posts and stop reading what EB is paraphrasing for you like a herd of sheep.

F you for telling me i should go be a pats fan. thanks friend.. i appreciate that.. i spend a hell of a lot more time here than you do because i love the bills and want them to win a superbowl. you dont believe that because i dont think drew bledsoe can win us a superbowl.. well then answer my question above..

Forward_Lateral
12-08-2004, 04:46 PM
Flying off the handle? You're the one who had to revert to name calling. What are you, 12 years old? As for this thread starting arguments, what is the point of a message board? I thought it was to discuss and debate, I asked a fairly simple question, if you didn't want to answer it, you didn't have to. I don't see anywhere in that post where it says "Tatonka is a drew basher, why?". Instead, you have to attack me.

Sooooo you expect Drew to lead the team to 20 or more points in EVERY game? If he has to do that to win, then there's a problem. The Jets game and Jags game WAS BLOWN BY THE DEFENSE. I don't care if we scored 3 points! We WERE WINNING AND SHOULD'VE WON. Sure he's had bad games, but I can only think of the 2 you mentioned. Every QB has bad games, hell some have bad years (see Drew last year).

As for you calling me stupid, sorry, I can't read what is all **** ed out, my bad, it's probably a lot worse than stupid, how childish.

Do I think Drew can lead us to a playoff victory? Hell yes I do, I'm a Bills fan aren't I? He has taken a team to the superbowl before, if you don't remember. Would I rather have a Favre or a Manning? Who wouldn't? The fact is, we don't have those guys, we have Drew. Drew has his flaws, but so does every other QB in the NFL. We are winning, Drew is playing well. What more can we really ask for right now?

As for the Pats comment, I take it back, probably shouldn't have said that.

Tatonka
12-08-2004, 04:59 PM
Flying off the handle? You're the one who had to revert to name calling. What are you, 12 years old? As for this thread starting arguments, what is the point of a message board? I thought it was to discuss and debate, I asked a fairly simple question, if you didn't want to answer it, you didn't have to. I don't see anywhere in that post where it says "Tatonka is a drew basher, why?". Instead, you have to attack me.

Sooooo you expect Drew to lead the team to 20 or more points in EVERY game? If he has to do that to win, then there's a problem. The Jets game and Jags game WAS BLOWN BY THE DEFENSE. I don't care if we scored 3 points! We WERE WINNING AND SHOULD'VE WON. Sure he's had bad games, but I can only think of the 2 you mentioned. Every QB has bad games, hell some have bad years (see Drew last year).

As for you calling me stupid, sorry, I can't read what is all **** ed out, my bad, it's probably a lot worse than stupid, how childish.

Do I think Drew can lead us to a playoff victory? Hell yes I do, I'm a Bills fan aren't I? He has taken a team to the superbowl before, if you don't remember. Would I rather have a Favre or a Manning? Who wouldn't? The fact is, we don't have those guys, we have Drew. Drew has his flaws, but so does every other QB in the NFL. We are winning, Drew is playing well. What more can we really ask for right now?

As for the Pats comment, I take it back, probably shouldn't have said that.

where did i attack you?? i didnt..

i simply said that it was threads like the one that you started, titled "to all you drew bashers" that start crap (which is what is *** out).. then i said that when someone trys to argue that point a bunch of *jerks* start calling us out for posting on the topic..

my comment was not directed at you.. at least not until you went ahead and called me out for my "constant drew bashing that you have to read"..

the thread, while i tried to answer it, turned into just want i said that type of thread normally does.. and your right.. i dont have to answer it.. i dont even have to read it.. but i do.. because, like you siad.. this is a message board and we are all here to talk bills..

and your last statement really has me confused..

so in order to think that drew bledsoe can win in the playoffs, you just have to be a bills fan?

so does that mean that since i have no faith in a qb that has never proven he can win, that i am conversly NOT a bills fan?

again.. i have argues this amillion times.. go back and look at drews numbers when he "took" his team to the superbowl.. take a look and post them.. i would appreciate it.

Mr. Cynical
12-08-2004, 05:19 PM
i simply said that it was threads like the one that you started, titled "to all you drew bashers" that start crap (which is what is *** out).. then i said that when someone trys to argue that point a bunch of *jerks* start calling us out for posting on the topic.. :10:
Bingo. We get s**t for defending our views against Drew, yet you never hear us whine and say "please stop posting Drew loving threads". We simply respond to them again. Big difference.

and your last statement really has me confused..

so in order to think that drew bledsoe can win in the playoffs, you just have to be a bills fan?

so does that mean that since i have no faith in a qb that has never proven he can win, that i am conversly NOT a bills fan?

again.. i have argues this amillion times.. go back and look at drews numbers when he "took" his team to the superbowl.. take a look and post them.. i would appreciate it.:10:

Exactly. I keep reading this and each time I can't understand it. Why does not believing in your QB have to mean you aren't a fan? That is total b***s**t. I don't buy this "no matter who is in there, you have to believe they can win". There is a huge difference between wanting and expecting. Some people can't seem to get that.

The_Philster
12-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Remember flutie had the same problems drew had and yet we made playoffs twice. He wasn't great but he wasn't a liability on the field.

What Flutie were you watching? I saw a guy who pulled it down to run for a few yards when he had wide open receivers downfield on a regular basis. He almost cost us the Ravens game with those types of stunts back then

Forward_Lateral
12-08-2004, 07:59 PM
I am not insinuating that if you don't think we can win with Drew that that means you aren't a Bills fan. What I meant by "I think we can win, I'm a Bills fan aren't I?" is that I always think we can win.

Tatonka, I'm going to post the stats you wanted, so far all I can find is the 1997 superbowl stats.

helmetguy
12-08-2004, 08:15 PM
What stats are you looking for, Lat?

Forward_Lateral
12-08-2004, 08:28 PM
Bledsoe's Career Playoff Stats. I know him and New England made it to the superbowl in 1997 (I think). I know he won 2 playoff games that year for sure, but I want to know how many he's won in his career.

chernobylwraiths
12-08-2004, 08:44 PM
Bledsoe's Career Playoff Stats. I know him and New England made it to the superbowl in 1997 (I think). I know he won 2 playoff games that year for sure, but I want to know how many he's won in his career.

Bledsoe's career playoff stats look bad. I have never been a big guy on stats. Stats don't tell the whole story. I thought in the Green Bay game, the defense and special teams really let them down. Didn't Desmond Howard get named MVP in that game?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/BledDr00.htm

Forward_Lateral
12-08-2004, 08:50 PM
Bledsoe's career playoff stats look bad. I have never been a big guy on stats. Stats don't tell the whole story. I thought in the Green Bay game, the defense and special teams really let them down. Didn't Desmond Howard get named MVP in that game?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/BledDr00.htm

Thanks, I got what I was looking for:

Bledsoe is 4-3 in playoffs, one superbowl loss to Green Bay. He's also, interestingly, beaten Pittsburgh twice.

The reason I believe Drew can take us to the superbowl is simple. He's finally getting a grip on Mularkey's scheme and the line is finally giving him some time to throw. Sure he holds onto the ball too often sometimes, but a lot of QB's do. Look at Kurt Warner, he is notorious for holding it too long, he won a Superbowl, why can't Drew?

FTG
12-08-2004, 09:31 PM

Amen T. We get accused of starting Drew bashing threads but then these morons think it's ok to start threads that invite problems and Drew bashing.

FTG
12-08-2004, 09:35 PM
Keep spewing your lies that we don't want our team in the playoffs. If posting a bunch of ****ty lies makes you feel like a big man go right ahead.

helmetguy
12-08-2004, 09:55 PM
To hell with you guys. I'm spending Sunday and Jan. 2nd with 70-odd thousand of my best friends at the Ralph. Sure beats a Sunday at home pissing and moaning about something I have no control over.

finsrclowns
12-08-2004, 09:58 PM
I agree...for whatever reason, last season he was atrocious...he has played good games this year...that tells me that GW/KG/OL coach were more the problem than DB. QB is a position of confidence....obviously, he had to get his back.

He'll never come out and admit this, but last year Bledsoe lost his confidence in the OL, in his receivers, in his coaches and in himself. Add to that Moulds was out most of the year and hurt when he came back and Reed was a joke as #2 receiver. Henry didn't make teams respect the edges, we had no speed threat at WR and teams knew we were vulnerable up the middle protection wise.

Our line has improved this year but still not very good pass blocking. Fortunately after 3 games this year the new staff was smart enough to make adjustments for that and went to a 3 seconds and throw or max protect and go deep offense. On the other hand, it was 2 full years and KG was still getting killed with the blitz and did nothing to change. For one thing benching Mike Puccillo would have been a helpful start. We can all see now that was a terrible mistake. But KG's multiple choice blitz reads for the WR's was a close to a suicide pact as I've ever seen in coaching with our OL.

DaBills
12-08-2004, 11:20 PM
Can't leave it alone, can they.

"If the Defense hadn't have blown the Jags and Jets game, and instead of 6-6, we were 8-4, would you still be bashing Drew?

Actually, no, I wouldn't.

"I'm sure most of you would, because for some reason Drew is hated because of one poor season."

Not just one season. I'd never sacrifice the team winning just to spite a player. I didn't do it for RJ, Drew is no different. It's amazing though. Drew has not just failed to lead the O at times this year, he's looked almost amateurish doing so. (We can debate the reasons for this all night, but in many of those games, he has no one to blame but himself.) And after these really bad performances, people wonder why he gets torn a new one?

It's one thing supporting the team that suffers a few honest tough breaks, we've all have. But it's another to blindly accept the play of a QB in those losses that gave the games away or was inept. I won't do it.

True, we don't have a Favre or a Manning. We have to play the guy we have. Just recognize that his previous play DOES have a huge impact on the perception of his future play. How could it not? Three good games and all is forgiven? Doubt it. That's denial of what we all suffered through to this point.

He's playing more solidly than he has in a while, and I give him credit for that. The small mistakes he's still making, well, I'll live with them because we're winning. He's still playing the same way his has all along, for better or worse.

Right now, he's doing what he needs to do, which is winning and making up for the times this season and last that he couldn't lead the O. If that means it takes him winning out to win back fans, so be it.

It's fair to criticize a QB when he is playing poor. That doesn't make you a fan any more or less. Who's immune from criticism anyway? I give the guy props when he plays well, and ***** when he doesn't.

I :shocked:

Mr. Cynical
12-08-2004, 11:38 PM
Thanks, I got what I was looking for:

Bledsoe is 4-3 in playoffs, one superbowl loss to Green Bay. He's also, interestingly, beaten Pittsburgh twice.

The reason I believe Drew can take us to the superbowl is simple. He's finally getting a grip on Mularkey's scheme and the line is finally giving him some time to throw. Sure he holds onto the ball too often sometimes, but a lot of QB's do. Look at Kurt Warner, he is notorious for holding it too long, he won a Superbowl, why can't Drew?His career postseason record is 3-4.

'94: 0-1
'96: 2-1
'97: 1-1
'98: 0-1

We can debate him coming off the bench against Pittsburgh as a win, but given his performance in that game I don't think it should count IMO.

To quote NE39's brilliant post:

"It was 3-0 Pats, and there were a few minutes left in the half. On the play Brady was injured, he completed a pass down to the Pittsburgh 40. Drew came off the bench and hit 3 straight passes to score a TD, then wasn't really effective the rest of the game, other than a big 3rd-down pass to Troy Brown late in the game when it got close.

In Bledsoe's defense, he hadn't played in a game since week 2, and had only been practicing about a month-and-a-half. However, that AFC Championship was a very erratic performance. He threw a couple of passes right to Pittsburgh defenders, which they dropped, and wasn't very accurate after his initial series.

His final numbers for that game:

10-for-21 (47.6%), 102 Yards (4.86 Yds/Att), 1 TD, 0 Int, 77.9 QB Rating."

As for his career postseason stats:

129-for-252 (51.2%), 1,335 Yds (5.3 Yds/Att), 6 TD, 10 Int, 58.2 QB Rating

0-3 record for away postseason games.

Combined with his career winning percentage against teams over 500 (I don't have that stat but it is WAY below 500) and his career winning percentage on the road (another awful stat I can't find), I see no reason to believe he can do it. Not to mention his last postseason victory was 7 years ago in '97.

Sure I can hope for it, but I spend $5 a week on a lotto ticket every Monday hoping that will hit as well. So far it hasn't.

Drewpac
12-09-2004, 01:33 AM
This is the most predictable thread in the history of Billszone. As soon as I saw the thread title I knew exactly who would be posting and what they would be saying. FTG, Tatonka and Cynical, why do you guys even bother replying to this tripe? You cannot have an intelligent conversation with a DLCer. It's like trying to convince Billy Graham that Jesus doesn't exist.

Mr. Cynical
12-09-2004, 01:49 AM
You cannot have an intelligent conversation with a DLCer. It's like trying to convince Billy Graham that Jesus doesn't exist.
:rofl:

The_Philster
12-09-2004, 05:01 AM
This is the most predictable thread in the history of Billszone. As soon as I saw the thread title I knew exactly who would be posting and what they would be saying. FTG, Tatonka and Cynical, why do you guys even bother replying to this tripe? You cannot have an intelligent conversation with a DLCer. It's like trying to convince Billy Graham that Jesus doesn't exist.
This right here is proof positive that the haters don't seem to think clearly or read anyone else's posts. Isn't this DLC thing something that has people who absolve Drew from all blame? There's no one like that here. There's those that hate Drew enough that they can completely ignore the facts laid out in front of him...he's playing well, you'd be stupid to bench him as long as we are winning, and that just because he hasn't won a Super Bowl, doesn't mean he never will (see John Elway)....then there's the rest of us who have open minds

Forward_Lateral
12-09-2004, 06:51 AM
Keep spewing your lies that we don't want our team in the playoffs. If posting a bunch of ****ty lies makes you feel like a big man go right ahead.

So you would rather have the team make the playoffs, than to have them possibly get embarrassed? If this is true, you deserve a hug :bighug:
Come here fella, it's ok. You can come out of your Drew loving closet any day now.

colin
12-09-2004, 07:19 AM
this thread might be stirring the pot a bit, but you can't say you want a QB cut because he does not beat a couple of really tough road opponents, even if the QB sucked in those games.

when was the last time a team beat the pats in new england? the ravens are a very tough team to play at home and very few teams beat them there.

i still think cutting the QB, or firing the GM because he is not the best is a very stupid idea if there is no one else to replace them.

no team has the best of everything, but the winners need coaching D and special teams and we seem to have those three in droves, sticking in a rookie or a loser like mathews won't help.

Drew brees might be the one guy next year who will be available who i would take over bledsoe, but cutting bledsoe and signing brees would cost us way too much cap and we still have jp on the bench.

drew is here this year and next, and frankly we could not do any better so accept it.

The King
12-09-2004, 07:51 AM
Im so sick of this crap... but one thing very few people mention is that through out most of Drews career he was it. It was Drews game. Heres the ball Drew go throw it 50 times and get us the win. But dont worry we will the rb carry it 10 times that should create a nice balanced offense.

Tatonka
12-09-2004, 08:29 AM
His career postseason record is 3-4.

'94: 0-1
'96: 2-1
'97: 1-1
'98: 0-1

We can debate him coming off the bench against Pittsburgh as a win, but given his performance in that game I don't think it should count IMO.

To quote NE39's brilliant post:

"It was 3-0 Pats, and there were a few minutes left in the half. On the play Brady was injured, he completed a pass down to the Pittsburgh 40. Drew came off the bench and hit 3 straight passes to score a TD, then wasn't really effective the rest of the game, other than a big 3rd-down pass to Troy Brown late in the game when it got close.

In Bledsoe's defense, he hadn't played in a game since week 2, and had only been practicing about a month-and-a-half. However, that AFC Championship was a very erratic performance. He threw a couple of passes right to Pittsburgh defenders, which they dropped, and wasn't very accurate after his initial series.

His final numbers for that game:

10-for-21 (47.6%), 102 Yards (4.86 Yds/Att), 1 TD, 0 Int, 77.9 QB Rating."

As for his career postseason stats:

129-for-252 (51.2%), 1,335 Yds (5.3 Yds/Att), 6 TD, 10 Int, 58.2 QB Rating

0-3 record for away postseason games.

Combined with his career winning percentage against teams over 500 (I don't have that stat but it is WAY below 500) and his career winning percentage on the road (another awful stat I can't find), I see no reason to believe he can do it. Not to mention his last postseason victory was 7 years ago in '97.

Sure I can hope for it, but I spend $5 a week on a lotto ticket every Monday hoping that will hit as well. So far it hasn't.

it is funny that the DLCers dont want to comment on these career stats.. and forward lat even went as far as floping the wins and losses.. which isnt really the point.. it is his god aweful numbers..

people want to give drew credit for being great in the last three games.. is 3 INTS and 1 TD against seattle great? that gets us killed on the road in the playoffs..

and his career numbers support that he can not play well in the playoffs..

and phil.. john elway was a much better qb his whole career.. and he finally had a supporting cast around him to help him win a superbowl.. bledsoe had a good supporting cast around him in the playoffs and just sucked, even in most of his wins.

the career playoff numbers speak for themselves.. the guy barely completes half of his passes.. and has (BIG SURPRISE HERE) more turnovers than TDS.. wow... there is something to be excited about.

i know personally.. this inspires tons of confidence on my part.. if we make the playoffs.. there is no way drew doesnt just tear it up on the road huh?

:bikerbabe

Tatonka
12-09-2004, 08:31 AM
Im so sick of this crap... but one thing very few people mention is that through out most of Drews career he was it. It was Drews game. Heres the ball Drew go throw it 50 times and get us the win. But dont worry we will the rb carry it 10 times that should create a nice balanced offense.

yeah.. curtis martin sucked huh.. still does.

curtis martin and the defense is the only reason drew ever sniffed a superbowl before being totally destroyed and made to look like a highschool jr. varsity qb in front of the world.

and he can thank tom brady for getting him a superbowl ring, condsidering drew had already started driving that 0-2 team into the ground before brady came in and not only filled in well, but got drew a ring that he is not capable of getting himself.

The King
12-09-2004, 08:31 AM
it is funny that the DLCers dont want to comment on these career stats.. and forward lat even went as far as floping the wins and losses.. which isnt really the point.. it is his god aweful numbers..

people want to give drew credit for being great in the last three games.. is 3 INTS and 1 TD against seattle great? that gets us killed on the road in the playoffs..

and phil.. john elway was a much better qb his whole career.. and he finally had a supporting cast around him to help him win a superbowl.. bledsoe had a good supporting cast around him in the playoffs and just sucked, even in most of his wins.

the career playoff numbers speak for themselves.. the guy barely completes half of his passes.. and has (BIG SURPRISE HERE) more turnovers than TDS.. wow... there is something to be excited about.

i know personally.. this inspires tons of confidence on my part.. if we make the playoffs.. there is no way drew doesnt just tear it up on the road huh?

Are you holding Drew responsible for the superbowl loss?

Tatonka
12-09-2004, 08:34 AM
Are you holding Drew responsible for the superbowl loss?

i am saying drew was not responsible for getting them there.. and he played like compete and total dog crap in the superbowl.. which is typical of his playoff history.

The King
12-09-2004, 08:34 AM
Did they go to the super bowl with him? Yup.
Then he had robert edwards who was good they went to the playoffs and lost because vinatierri blew a 43 yarder.

With a balanced attack Drew does well.

Forward_Lateral
12-09-2004, 08:37 AM

Ok, so his stats aren't the greatest. My point was, he's been to the playoffs, knows how to WIN in the playoffs, which is the most important thing. Losman hasn't even started an NFL game yet, and you can't tell me you'd rather have Mathews in there.
If we weren't in a playoff run, and Drew was playing as bad as he was last year, then I wouldn't even debate that Losman should be in there. But the fact is, Drew is finally (so it seems, I could be wrong) grasping the new system. He's playing good this season, he's not All-Pro by any means, but he's not horrible either. I'd say he's an adequate, solid, NFL QB, who's actually been to the playoffs, so he knows what it's like. I am in no way slighting or bashing Losman btw, I was extremely happy that we drafted him, I just don't think it's his time yet. I think he has a lot of learning to do still before he's ready, and if Drew can help Losman like he helped Brady, we'll all be happy. My point of this thread may have been lost long ago, it wasn't to insult anyone (sorry Tatonka) or to bash anyone. IT was a simple point. Drew gives us the best chance to win, and right now we need to win every game. Just be thankful that we aren't Giants fans. Coughlin pulled the plug on Warner, when the Giants were in the middle of a playoff race. Now look at them.

chernobylwraiths
12-09-2004, 08:38 AM

I KNEW we should have gotten Kurt Warner when he was available. I'm SURE his playoff wins and TDs are FAR better than Drew's.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/WarnKu00.htm

The King
12-09-2004, 08:40 AM
i am saying drew was not responsible for getting them there.. and he played like compete and total dog crap in the superbowl.. which is typical of his playoff history.

Here is a post I wrote about 6mos ago. You might find it interesting, its intent is not for an argument but just FYI. Keep in mind it was written to ward of Pats trolls.

We here the same arguements over and over again, it gets very tiring and it puts a lot of people on the defensive (myself included. I like you live in the Boston area but I have a very different take on Drew.

I think he is a guy who has been made a scapegoat through out most of his career. I am not even going to debate the Brady Bledsoe thing because it happened long before that. Bledsoes first couple of seasons in NE he threw virtually more passes than anyone has ever done..... ever. (I am not positive on stats there but he was throwing the ball 50+ times) So defenses new what they had to do to win. He played with running backs by the names of Marion Butts and Corey Croom.... As soon as NE had a RB(Martin) things looked up for the team and they got better, because they were able to diversify the offense. By Martins second year and the first year NE acquired any WR talent Drew took them to the super bowl, only again to be asked to carry the weight of the team, I believe Martin only touched the ball 8 times in that game.

Insert Pete Caroll here. Great Guy, Bad Coach. He first year had its woahs, then they lost Curtis. With Robert Edwards once again a running game was present and they went to the playoffs and were eliminated by a missed Vinatierri FG I believe..... then Edwards goes down. Bledsoe is left to pass the ball 40-50 times a game again.

Insert Bellicheck with still no running game (Faulk and Redmond), and the offense is still "predictable". Defense know what to expect big arm no running game play the pass and youll win. So defenses still played the pass, and NE still was not getting the wins they shouldve.

2001 comes Im not going to go where you think I am with this either.. The Pats get Antwoine Smith. First Game Drew gets 2 tds 0 ints, a smith 11 carries for 33 yards.
Week 2 Drew has 2 INTs no TDs, antwoine smith goes 10 carries for 20 yards, They still were not running the ball.
Week 3 Drew being hurt antwoine gets the ball 22times for 94 yards, and 2 Tds. The Pats changed their game plan a bit to compensate for Drew not playing. From here on out everytime smith touched the ball 20 times the pats won. Their only losses that season he touched the ball less than 20 times. The rest is really history. Thats Pats realized you dont need a huge arm to run a successful offense. I am not saying Smith is the teams saving grace but the diversity was. So in the eyes of the public Drew plays we lose. Drew sits we win, so now its his fault. Drew, Parcells and Kraft saved the New England franchise, they brought credibility back to Boston football, they got enough people interested that they were able to buy a new stadium.

I am so sick of people ignoring facts, and speaking by word of mouth. Its really time people stop dumping on Drew and its time that people give him a little respect. Every defensive co-ordinator has over his career, maybe we should start following their lead rather than listening to the Sunday Morning Recliner QB. I just layed some pretty heavy facts on the line. I hope some people take notice, and maybe re think their outlook. Hes not the best QB in the game and he certainly has his flaws. Drew was the guy that brought football into most homes where Im form and for most NE fans a Bledsoe jersey was the first one you owned.

So remember why you watch football on sunday and for me its because of guys like Drew.

chernobylwraiths
12-09-2004, 08:41 AM

curtis martin and the defense is the only reason drew ever sniffed a superbowl before being totally destroyed and made to look like a highschool jr. varsity qb in front of the world.

and he can thank tom brady for getting him a superbowl ring, condsidering drew had already started driving that 0-2 team into the ground before brady came in and not only filled in well, but got drew a ring that he is not capable of getting himself.

The defense didn't have anything to do with the Pat's first superbowl victory?

Tatonka
12-09-2004, 08:49 AM
Ok, so his stats aren't the greatest. My point was, he's been to the playoffs, knows how to WIN in the playoffs, which is the most important thing.

his stats arent the greatest?? are you kidding??

they are WAY worse than that for an 12 year vet.. his stats are horrible.

and he knows how to win? not as much as he knows how to lose. and his 3 wins, they were not because drew played great..

we won against seattle a few weeks ago.. drew threw 3 picks and 1 td.. that is how drew knows how to win.. when the team compensates enough to overcome his screwups.

Tatonka
12-09-2004, 08:51 AM
So remember why you watch football on sunday and for me its because of guys like Drew.

:shocked:

The King
12-09-2004, 08:52 AM

This post screams ignorance.... I am sorry dude we have debated before and its always been solid. But your getting way to wound up when this post starts to make sense to you. Did you even see the superbowl?

Tatonka
12-09-2004, 08:53 AM
The defense didn't have anything to do with the Pat's first superbowl victory?

sure it did.. why would you even waste your time asking a question like that when you know the answer?

the defense got scored on plenty.. so did special teams.. and drew did his fair share of turning the ball over to make sure farve didnt have to go far to score.

Tatonka
12-09-2004, 08:54 AM
This post screams ignorance....

i kind of felt the same way when i read your 10 page diary insert about why you love drew and feel sorry for him.. and he is the reason you watch football on sunday..

so we can agree to disagree i guess.. just like before.

The King
12-09-2004, 08:55 AM
agreed

Tatonka
12-09-2004, 09:04 AM
agreed

:up:

positive rep your way.

justasportsfan
12-09-2004, 09:14 AM
If Drew wasn't a classy qb, I'd be bashing him like I did Robosack.

Tatonka
12-09-2004, 10:11 AM
If Drew wasn't a classy qb, I'd be bashing him like I did Robosack.

you bash him plenty. :tired:

justasportsfan
12-09-2004, 10:17 AM
you bash him plenty. :tired:not as much as I bashed Robosack.

Tatonka
12-09-2004, 10:22 AM
gotcha.

:up:

Forward_Lateral
12-09-2004, 12:28 PM
Tatonka, a quesiton for you, I haven't been here that long, so I don't know the answer, if it's obvious or not, so excuse my ignorance for a minute.

Have you always disliked Drew? Even in his New England days? If yes, then my quesiton is answered, if no, at what point did you start disliking him (as a player of course).

don137
12-09-2004, 12:35 PM
I am curious how much Sam Wyche role and guidance has played in Drew coming back to some what respectability...

Tatonka
12-09-2004, 01:04 PM
Tatonka, a quesiton for you, I haven't been here that long, so I don't know the answer, if it's obvious or not, so excuse my ignorance for a minute.

Have you always disliked Drew? Even in his New England days? If yes, then my quesiton is answered, if no, at what point did you start disliking him (as a player of course).

no.. i was really excited when drew was traded for.. Mark Weiler was the only one that i know of that was really against the drew trade..

at that time, i didnt really see the numbers or anything.. i just listened to the media hype and the fact that he was the 110 million dollar man.. drew has always been a golden boy in the media until last year..

my dislike for him started in the oakland game the first year he was in buffalo.. that was teh first game that i remember watching thinking.. oh god.. he is killing us.. that is also when i started looking at his stats from the past and seeing that it was not odd for drew to play that way on the road.. i started talking to pats fans.. all of which were pretty happy he was gone and that they got a 1st for him..

you could say that was went i moved to the "dark side".

he had a good first half of the year and it got him to the probowl, but pretty much the entire second hafl the year, as we blew the 5-3 record, to finish 8-8 was on drew.. and the coaches.. take a look at the scores.. we stopped putting up points.. and the defense actually played pretty well, even though everyone likes to blame the horrible defense for that years failure..

his probowl nomination was lame i though.

but he seems like a nice enough guy and a class act..

:D

Drewpac
12-09-2004, 01:51 PM
no.. i was really excited when drew was traded for.. Mark Weiler was the only one that i know of that was really against the drew trade..

at that time, i didnt really see the numbers or anything.. i just listened to the media hype and the fact that he was the 110 million dollar man.. drew has always been a golden boy in the media until last year..

my dislike for him started in the oakland game the first year he was in buffalo.. that was teh first game that i remember watching thinking.. oh god.. he is killing us.. that is also when i started looking at his stats from the past and seeing that it was not odd for drew to play that way on the road.. i started talking to pats fans.. all of which were pretty happy he was gone and that they got a 1st for him..

you could say that was went i moved to the "dark side".

he had a good first half of the year and it got him to the probowl, but pretty much the entire second hafl the year, as we blew the 5-3 record, to finish 8-8 was on drew.. and the coaches.. take a look at the scores.. we stopped putting up points.. and the defense actually played pretty well, even though everyone likes to blame the horrible defense for that years failure..

his probowl nomination was lame i though.

but he seems like a nice enough guy and a class act..

:D

Count me in the same boat as Tatonka. I was very excited about Drew when he first came to town, but I really began to sour on him by the road loss to the Jets in 2002. By the end of that season, particulary spurred on by Drew's disgustingly bad play against SD and GB, I had turned on him completely. He looked washed up and I knew that we would never be a winner with the guy. The NE and Jacksonville games briefly restored a bit of hope in me in 2003 but that was quickly destroyed by his horrendous performance against the Fins the following week. Since that point, I've been an official "Drew hater". And I don't hate the guy personally, he's just a crappy QB. I can name about 6 Bledsoe performances in the last two years that would qualify as "career worst" games by most average QBs in this league. The difference is, those horrible games usually come at the beginning of a QB's career, not during his supposed "prime".

DaBills
12-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Lol. Man, wys HATED Drew evenbefore they brought him here and were only talking about the possibility. 12-page stat posts on why Drew would not be a good fit.

"I am curious how much Sam Wyche role and guidance has played in Drew coming back to some what respectability..."

I'm gonna' say Willis MaGahee has had more to do with it than Sam. Defenses have to game plan for Willis differently than they did Travis. WM is more a more dimensional back than Travis, and that takes pressure off Drew to have to throw all the time.

FTG
12-09-2004, 02:10 PM
So you would rather have the team make the playoffs, than to have them possibly get embarrassed? If this is true, you deserve a hug :bighug:
Come here fella, it's ok. You can come out of your Drew loving closet any day now.

Yeah, I'd rather have them make the playoffs and risk getting possibly emabarrassed. We are bills fans contrary to your opinion.

Forward_Lateral
12-09-2004, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I'd rather have them make the playoffs and risk getting possibly emabarrassed. We are bills fans contrary to your opinion.

:bighug:

I never said you WEREN'T a Bills fan.

Thanks for worst poster nomination btw, :loser:

FTG
12-09-2004, 02:31 PM

I never said you WEREN'T a Bills fan.

Thanks for worst poster nomination btw, :loser:
You're welcome :loser:

Forward_Lateral