X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

To all the Drew-Bashers

If the Defense hadn't have blown the Jags and Jets game, and instead of 6-6, we were 8-4, would you still be bashing Drew? I'm sure most of you would, because for some reason Drew is hated because of one poor season.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
    If the Defense hadn't have blown the Jags and Jets game, and instead of 6-6, we were 8-4, would you still be bashing Drew? I'm sure most of you would, because for some reason Drew is hated because of one poor season.
    Nobody blamed Drew for that loss. No one is blaming Drew for our being .500.

Based on what has transpired this season . He's been an asset unlike last year where he was a liability but he is far from being the Main reason for our success but part of it. He been part of our failures too. When he's good, he's really good. When he sucks, he really sucks.

One thing I've seen w/ Drew the last 3 games is that inspite of making mistakes, he's come back and made up for it. Kinda like when Kelly was qb.

I wish he was like that whenever he faced the Pats. For some reason, he looks so freakin scared before the game even starts against them.

So far this year, he's been an above average qb but I wouldn't consider him an elite qb.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
      Nobody blamed Drew for that loss. No one is blaming Drew for our being .500.

Based on what has transpired this season . He's been an asset unlike last year where he was a liability but he is far from being the Main reason for our success but part of it. He been part of our failures too. When he's good, he's really good. When he sucks, he really sucks.

One thing I've seen w/ Drew the last 3 games is that inspite of making mistakes, he's come back and made up for it. Kinda like when Kelly was qb.

I wish he was like that whenever he faced the Pats. For some reason, he looks so freakin scared before the game even starts against them.

So far this year, he's been an above average qb but I wouldn't consider him an elite qb.
      I agree...for whatever reason, last season he was atrocious...he has played good games this year...that tells me that GW/KG/OL coach were more the problem than DB. QB is a position of confidence....obviously, he had to get his back.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

I am not a drew basher but I still think posts like this are counter-productive.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

it is posts like this that start all this **** on this board and then anyone who defends this point of view has a bunch of ****** cry about posting on the drew topic too much.

if drew didnt blow the baltimore or new england game what kind of shape would we be in.. being that baltimore is ahead of us as well and new england wouldnt be able to catch pitt, so pitt could take the last game off..

and drew is hated for alot more than one poor season.. do a search and read my 100 posts from last week.
          Last edited by Ebenezer; 12-08-2004, 03:19 PM.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
            it is posts like this that start all this **** on this board and then anyone who defends this point of view has a bunch of ****** cry about posting on the drew topic too much.

if drew didnt blow the baltimore or new england game what kind of shape would we be in.. being that baltimore is ahead of us as well and new england wouldnt be able to catch pitt, so pitt could take the last game off..

and drew is hated for alot more than one poor season.. do a search and read my 100 posts from last week.
            T...take a seat for a minute...I edited that post without warning...you know better than that...the next one gets a warning.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

you said yourself.. if i dont direct my comment to one specific person.. then it is not a warnable offense.. just like in the political forum... like saying republicans suck.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                I agree...for whatever reason, last season he was atrocious...he has played good games this year...that tells me that GW/KG/OL coach were more the problem than DB. QB is a position of confidence....obviously, he had to get his back.
                Ah no. Drew should have as much blame as the above 3 you mentioned. Remember flutie had the same problems drew had and yet we made playoffs twice. He wasn't great but he wasn't a liability on the field.

what people don't see is that Drew limits our possibilities offensively. All any team has to do is manhandle our Ol and Drew is finished unlike other qb's that can move in the pocket and make decent decisions under pressure. In other words, this team has to tailor fit to Drew to be successful offensively.
                Last edited by justasportsfan; 12-08-2004, 03:34 PM.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

Sooooo, because you don't like this thread, it's stupid? We are all have to read your constant Drew complaints and bashing, but the moment someone asks a simple question, you fly off the handle? Gimme a break. You won't answer the question, because we all know the answer to it already. Anyone who would rather see the team NOT make the playoffs, than to make the playoffs and lose, I have no use for. Maybe you should become a Pats fan, where everything is perfect, although I'm sure you'd probably find something to whine about there to.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Sooooo, because you don't like this thread, it's stupid? We are all have to read your constant Drew complaints and bashing, but the moment someone asks a simple question, you fly off the handle? Gimme a break. You won't answer the question, because we all know the answer to it already. Anyone who would rather see the team NOT make the playoffs, than to make the playoffs and lose, I have no use for. Maybe you should become a Pats fan, where everything is perfect, although I'm sure you'd probably find something to whine about there to.

ok.. now who is flying off the handle.. i critiqued your THREAD by saying that threads like this start these type of arguments.. this is just an extension of the other arguements about drew on 100 other threads.. i didnt say it was stupid.. you said that.. stop putting ****ing words in my mouth.. WTF is it with people today and trying to tell ME what i just said..

and your question has an obvious answer.. of coarse we all know the answer.. were the jets and jacksonville games ALL drews fault?? of coarse not.. but did DREW lead us to more than 10 god damn points?? hell no he didnt.. he didnt do crap.. AND the defense let us down at the last second.. so NO.. i dont blame drew totally for that... i do blame drew alot more for the baltimore and new england games in which his piss poor play cost us huge.. that was more of a drew effort than a collective team loss, althought again.. the TEAM has something to do with every loss and every win.. so the loss is not EVER soley on drew.. or soley on this part of the team or that..

on to the other part of your question....

if we were 8-4 sitting right in the playoff mix right now would i still be calling for drews head.. no, probly not near as much.. i am really not calling for drews head right now.. because as i have stated a thousand times, jp probably wouldnt do any better.. but the point still is, drew is not a winner.. so even if we were sitting at 8-4 because the defense did its job.. drew still sucked a fat one in the only two tough road teams we had to play.. and he will do the same in the playoffs..

let me ask you a question.. do you have confidence in drew bledsoe to win in the playoffs, and if so, what gives you that confidence?

and as far as you telling me i would rather see the bills not go to the playoffs than go and loss.. you need to reread my god damn posts and stop reading what EB is paraphrasing for you like a herd of sheep.

F you for telling me i should go be a pats fan. thanks friend.. i appreciate that.. i spend a hell of a lot more time here than you do because i love the bills and want them to win a superbowl. you dont believe that because i dont think drew bledsoe can win us a superbowl.. well then answer my question above..

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Flying off the handle? You're the one who had to revert to name calling. What are you, 12 years old? As for this thread starting arguments, what is the point of a message board? I thought it was to discuss and debate, I asked a fairly simple question, if you didn't want to answer it, you didn't have to. I don't see anywhere in that post where it says "Tatonka is a drew basher, why?". Instead, you have to attack me.

Sooooo you expect Drew to lead the team to 20 or more points in EVERY game? If he has to do that to win, then there's a problem. The Jets game and Jags game WAS BLOWN BY THE DEFENSE. I don't care if we scored 3 points! We WERE WINNING AND SHOULD'VE WON. Sure he's had bad games, but I can only think of the 2 you mentioned. Every QB has bad games, hell some have bad years (see Drew last year).

As for you calling me stupid, sorry, I can't read what is all **** ed out, my bad, it's probably a lot worse than stupid, how childish.

Do I think Drew can lead us to a playoff victory? Hell yes I do, I'm a Bills fan aren't I? He has taken a team to the superbowl before, if you don't remember. Would I rather have a Favre or a Manning? Who wouldn't? The fact is, we don't have those guys, we have Drew. Drew has his flaws, but so does every other QB in the NFL. We are winning, Drew is playing well. What more can we really ask for right now?

As for the Pats comment, I take it back, probably shouldn't have said that.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

Flying off the handle? You're the one who had to revert to name calling. What are you, 12 years old? As for this thread starting arguments, what is the point of a message board? I thought it was to discuss and debate, I asked a fairly simple question, if you didn't want to answer it, you didn't have to. I don't see anywhere in that post where it says "Tatonka is a drew basher, why?". Instead, you have to attack me.

Sooooo you expect Drew to lead the team to 20 or more points in EVERY game? If he has to do that to win, then there's a problem. The Jets game and Jags game WAS BLOWN BY THE DEFENSE. I don't care if we scored 3 points! We WERE WINNING AND SHOULD'VE WON. Sure he's had bad games, but I can only think of the 2 you mentioned. Every QB has bad games, hell some have bad years (see Drew last year).

As for you calling me stupid, sorry, I can't read what is all **** ed out, my bad, it's probably a lot worse than stupid, how childish.

Do I think Drew can lead us to a playoff victory? Hell yes I do, I'm a Bills fan aren't I? He has taken a team to the superbowl before, if you don't remember. Would I rather have a Favre or a Manning? Who wouldn't? The fact is, we don't have those guys, we have Drew. Drew has his flaws, but so does every other QB in the NFL. We are winning, Drew is playing well. What more can we really ask for right now?

As for the Pats comment, I take it back, probably shouldn't have said that.

where did i attack you?? i didnt..

i simply said that it was threads like the one that you started, titled "to all you drew bashers" that start crap (which is what is *** out).. then i said that when someone trys to argue that point a bunch of *jerks* start calling us out for posting on the topic..

my comment was not directed at you.. at least not until you went ahead and called me out for my "constant drew bashing that you have to read"..

the thread, while i tried to answer it, turned into just want i said that type of thread normally does.. and your right.. i dont have to answer it.. i dont even have to read it.. but i do.. because, like you siad.. this is a message board and we are all here to talk bills..

and your last statement really has me confused..

so in order to think that drew bledsoe can win in the playoffs, you just have to be a bills fan?

so does that mean that since i have no faith in a qb that has never proven he can win, that i am conversly NOT a bills fan?

again.. i have argues this amillion times.. go back and look at drews numbers when he "took" his team to the superbowl.. take a look and post them.. i would appreciate it.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

i simply said that it was threads like the one that you started, titled "to all you drew bashers" that start crap (which is what is *** out).. then i said that when someone trys to argue that point a bunch of *jerks* start calling us out for posting on the topic..

Bingo. We get s**t for defending our views against Drew, yet you never hear us whine and say "please stop posting Drew loving threads". We simply respond to them again. Big difference.

and your last statement really has me confused..

so in order to think that drew bledsoe can win in the playoffs, you just have to be a bills fan?

so does that mean that since i have no faith in a qb that has never proven he can win, that i am conversly NOT a bills fan?

again.. i have argues this amillion times.. go back and look at drews numbers when he "took" his team to the superbowl.. take a look and post them.. i would appreciate it.

Exactly. I keep reading this and each time I can't understand it. Why does not believing in your QB have to mean you aren't a fan? That is total b***s**t. I don't buy this "no matter who is in there, you have to believe they can win". There is a huge difference between wanting and expecting. Some people can't seem to get that.

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            Remember flutie had the same problems drew had and yet we made playoffs twice. He wasn't great but he wasn't a liability on the field.
                            What Flutie were you watching? I saw a guy who pulled it down to run for a few yards when he had wide open receivers downfield on a regular basis. He almost cost us the Ravens game with those types of stunts back then
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

I am not insinuating that if you don't think we can win with Drew that that means you aren't a Bills fan. What I meant by "I think we can win, I'm a Bills fan aren't I?" is that I always think we can win.

Tatonka, I'm going to post the stats you wanted, so far all I can find is the 1997 superbowl stats.

Comment

Working...
                              X