PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: Sabres Sale expected within 72 hrs!!!!!!

clumping platelets
11-19-2002, 02:16 PM
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=13307

It appears that maybe things will eventually work out!!

:clap:

(I'll move to Sabres board later)

venis2k1
11-19-2002, 02:16 PM
whoo hooo....

Buffarama
11-19-2002, 02:17 PM
Please please please....... bring a broom..........

Ebenezer
11-19-2002, 02:18 PM
mmm....we'll see...let's hope that this is truly a turning point.

Earthquake Enyart
11-19-2002, 02:20 PM
Wonder what ever happened with the Bassen group that spent all that time mugging in front of the cameras with Josh Mora?

Judge
11-19-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Wonder what ever happened with the Bassen group that spent all that time mugging in front of the cameras with Josh Mora?

What a bunch of goofs, huh?

lordofgun
11-19-2002, 02:35 PM
They better not sell to that Golisano dork.

Valerie
11-19-2002, 02:36 PM
:offtopic: for a minute. I was listening to a commercial for the Capitals and their stupid cheer sounds just like the Jets stupid cheer. I heard it a few times today and I couldn't figure out why they were advertising the Jets down here. What's the Sabres cheer? I'm not at all impressed with the Caps cheer.

clumping platelets
11-19-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

One of the members of the Bassen group dropped out to buy the Dallas Stars. He pulled $15 million from the Bassen group and they couldn't find the $$$

casdhf
11-19-2002, 02:46 PM
So who would they be better off with, Gallisano or the other guy?

Buffarama
11-19-2002, 02:56 PM
I don't know if anyone knows if Golisano actually put a bid in. It might be all Hammister.

Earthquake Enyart
11-19-2002, 02:59 PM
Golisano met with Bettman when he was in Buffalo for the Leaf game. Supposedly he submitted his bid.

lordofgun
11-19-2002, 03:02 PM
Golisano would probably move the team to Roch.

Earthquake Enyart
11-19-2002, 03:04 PM
Or a new arena in Batavia. He's very shrewd.

lordofgun
11-19-2002, 03:15 PM
:lol:

BironsGirl43
11-19-2002, 03:45 PM
This sounds great!! Let's hope it works out!!

Jaded.. the Buffalo cheer is "LET'S GO BUFFALO" lol... that's the only one I know of! :)

Valerie
11-19-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by BironsGirl43 Jaded.. the Buffalo cheer is "LET'S GO BUFFALO" lol... that's the only one I know of! :)
Thanks, BironsGirl. :) I was just wondering since the Capitals cheer sound so dumb. :down:

BironsGirl43
11-19-2002, 03:50 PM
How does their cheer go?

Typ0
11-19-2002, 03:54 PM
C A P S SUCK SUCK SUCK!!!

The_Philster
11-19-2002, 03:55 PM
It's about time!!

The_Philster
11-19-2002, 04:00 PM
It's Hamister, too. :10:

Typ0
11-19-2002, 04:02 PM
Jim Kelley just confirmed Hammister on Empire.

Valerie
11-19-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by BironsGirl43 How does their cheer go?
Let's go Caps, Let's go Caps, Caps, Caps, Caps. I swear I heard it a few times on the radio today and I would've sworn it was a commercial for the Jets. It sounded just like their stupid cheer. :down:

BironsGirl43
11-19-2002, 04:09 PM
hahaha.. its doesn't have any flow! lol..

YAY HAMISTER!!!!!!!

MissBuffalo
11-19-2002, 05:22 PM
I'm hoping this happens soon!!! The team is slowly going down the drane......which is appropriate since we're talking about "cheers." Remember the Sabres had that fast, orchestra played song??? The one that is now on the "scrubbing bubbles" commercial?? Scrubbing bubbles clean the tub, flushing directely down the drane.

Buffarama
11-19-2002, 09:32 PM
I just want it all to end, changes to be made, and a direction to be decided upon.

TacklingDummy
11-19-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Golisano would probably move the team to Roch.

He has no interest in the Sabres anymore since he is not governor. He only put his name in to get votes.

Sabre Ally
11-19-2002, 10:20 PM
Oh. THAT kind of sale. When I read the thread title, I thought you meant the fire sale to get rid of our underachieving players. :chuckle:

Ð
11-19-2002, 10:22 PM
Attention K-Mart shoppers! We have a blue light special in aisle 6....

Sabre Ally
11-19-2002, 10:28 PM
Hamister likes to micro-manage, from what I've heard. On the plus side, he'll be calling all the shots. On the minus side, he'll be calling all the shots.

So, other than the obvious positives (like the team having an owner and not moving) what kind of changes do you people think might happen under Hamister?

TigerJ
11-19-2002, 10:44 PM
I had understood that the Hammister bid was kind of a lowball bid. Golisano talked with Bettman after the election and was still talking a good game but I heard he never actually submitted a bid. If Hammister submitted a lowball bid, it could mean one of two things. Either he's a shrewd businessman who wagered his competitors weren't very serious, or he's just plain cheap and got lucky. I hope it's the former. The Sabres are going to have to spend some money or they are going to take up permanent residence in the league cellar. He's got to know that the team is going to bleed money for a while until they win fans back (real paying fans and not the people who got free tickets as part of the Adelphia promos during the Rigas years). Sabres fans have been screwed by the league, the players, and the ownership for so long they are going to demand proof that the new owner intends to build a winner before they will start to buy tickets. again.

I am not a Golisano fan in the least, but at least we knew he had deep pockets. I'm not convinced Hammister's pockets are deep enough to do what needs to be done.

Ð
11-19-2002, 10:47 PM
http://www.goonburke.com/hockey/misfits/hal-yo.jpg

Sabre Ally
11-19-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ

I am not a Golisano fan in the least, but at least we knew he had deep pockets. I'm not convinced Hammister's pockets are deep enough to do what needs to be done.

Deep pockets are irrelevant if the person in question has deep pockets because he's afraid to spend.

Note: I don't know anything about Golisano, so I'm not talking about him specifically.

lordofgun
11-19-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally

Deep pockets are irrelevant if the person in question has deep pockets because he's afraid to spend.

Note: I don't know anything about Golisano, so I'm not talking about him specifically.

Why the hate for Golisano? :D

Sabre Ally
11-19-2002, 11:26 PM
Um, didn't I say in my post that i wasn't talking about Golisano? LOL. I was actually thinking of the Rigas' when I wrote that.

lordofgun
11-19-2002, 11:29 PM
Yeah, but why do you hate Golisano? :D

Sabre Ally
11-19-2002, 11:33 PM
I don't. Where did you get that idea? :confused:

lordofgun
11-20-2002, 12:03 AM
It's so obvious. :D

Sabre Ally
11-20-2002, 12:06 AM
Oh, hush. I'm trying to pretend to show support for Hamster even though he was my least favourite choice to win teh bid, and you're ruining my plans.

MissBuffalo
11-20-2002, 11:39 AM
Looks like it's down to Hamister and Golisano!!! Here's part of the article and the link:

"NHL sources also confirmed executives were actively talking with both bidders and hinted a decision could come as early as today.

The sudden flurry of phone negotiations was ignited by the long-awaited submission of Golisano's official offer. While Hamister presented his acquisition package to the league in mid-September, the failed gubernatorial candidate's bid was not submitted until Monday. Once the two offers could be weighed side-by-side, league officials were finally in a position to kick the selection process into high gear, according to an NHL source who requested anonymity."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20021120/1007252.asp

Someone, Anyone!!! Please save us from the depths of Hockey Hell!!!!!!!!

Judge
11-20-2002, 11:45 AM
Oh, hush. I'm trying to pretend to show support for Hamster even though he was my least favourite choice to win teh bid, and you're ruining my plans.

Why has he been your least favorite choice? He's been the only one until Golisano's bid to step up to the plate, and he didn't do any BS show-off type stuff that could come back to haunt him like Bsssin did.

Hamister has some Wall Street guy as a big bucks partner too, I heard. Bettman referred to him as "Mr. Berman" last week. I don't recall exact details about the guy, but he allegedly is LOADED.

Sabre Ally
11-20-2002, 05:11 PM
Just personal preference really.....something about him rubs me the wrong way. But that's ok, I'm just glad someone is finally going to own the team!

I never took Golisano seriously, I'm sure his 'bid' (if he even submitted one) was just political maneuvering.

What BS show-off type stuff did Bassin do? I don't watch Empire 24/7 like some of the people on here do (I hate the channel in fact) so most of the news I get is from here or The Buffalo News.

Judge
11-21-2002, 08:18 AM

What BS show-off type stuff did Bassin do? I don't watch Empire 24/7 like some of the people on here do (I hate the channel in fact) so most of the news I get is from here or The Buffalo News.

He had a big press conference in front of the arena, said a deal was imminent, went on every radio and TV station for long interviews, Ted Nolan started talking.

It was a dog and pony show that suddenly got silent after about 2 weeks.