12-08-2004, 08:51 PM
Any news on him?

This is probably quite a repetitive thread here but I will ask anyway.:idunno:

The_Philster
12-08-2004, 08:52 PM
practiced...listed as questionable

ShadowHawk7
12-08-2004, 10:47 PM
Would he start if he came back? Where at?

Drive 4 Five
12-08-2004, 10:50 PM
I really don't see any room for him on this team as a starter. I think McGee has shown he is capable in place of Vincent and deserves to keep his job in my opinion. Free Safety? I happen to love the way this Baker kid is coming on, and man can he pack a wallop. He is just getting his fet wet right now, but I think it is obvious that he is a playa yo.

Crimm
12-08-2004, 10:57 PM
I like Baker a lot too, but i think we ought to see what TV can do at FS and let whoever plays better there start and if vincent loses that battle let him play the nickel.

What a crappy signing that was, we didnt really need the guy, plus he broke our young QB and made him lose a ton of practice time. Gotta say I was super excited when we did sign him, but now i wish we had spent the money elsewhere.

Drive 4 Five
12-08-2004, 11:05 PM
I like Baker a lot too, but i think we ought to see what TV can do at FS and let whoever plays better there start and if vincent loses that battle let him play the nickel.

What a crappy signing that was, we didnt really need the guy, plus he broke our young QB and made him lose a ton of practice time. Gotta say I was super excited when we did sign him, but now i wish we had spent the money elsewhere.

Yeah that really chaps my ass too. Especially the hit on Losman. Although, I can't help but notice that he appears to be a very poular player with his both his mates and coaches. I see it on camera all the time.

Mahdi
12-09-2004, 12:09 AM
McGee is going to be a solid corner and has a bright future ...but the question is who are our best 2 corners right now....and the answer is Clements and Vincent IMO. And as long as we are still in the playoff race I dont see how we can justify McGee starting over Vincent.

Marvelous
12-09-2004, 01:42 AM
I agree with the poster above who said it was a bad move. Since he has missed most of the season why put him anywhere besides Nickel or dime? Hell i like Greer<spell the rookie. But we coulda used that money soemwhere else. I;m not against cutting him if we are content with the guys we have or a youth movement. 6 years< what a joke..

Mahdi
12-09-2004, 01:48 AM
Agreed. If he's not totally ready to return then by all means keep McGee in. But if he is 100% and ready to go, and considering that he's a veteran and a Pro Bowler I dont think he'll take too long to regain his form. If that means playing him in nickel and dime till he does return to form then great. But when that happens he will be our best corner along with clements. JMO.

NapalmDeath
12-09-2004, 03:02 AM
I think if he actually FINALLY comes back this week, he will be in a nickel and dime situations and NEXT week, he will switch spots with McGee OR Baker