PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Schobel apology!

The Black Bear
12-09-2004, 11:19 AM
There are a few Aaron Schobel bashers floating around in Bills country. theblackbear has been one of them. theblackbear has been saying for years that the kid is soft against the run. That opinion has come from watching tape of Schobel over the years. Too many times has theblackbear seen that dude get steam rolled over by tight ends and/or offensive tackles.

Was theblackbear right about Schobel being a running game liability? NO!

theblackbear has been 100% wrong. theblackbear is man enough to admit when he is wrong about a player and theblackbear is wrong about Schobel.

Why is theblackbear wrong?

Because statistics don't lie.

And

Statistics say that there are only TWO defensive ends in the entire NFL that have more total tackles than Aaron Schobel. If Schobel is weak against the run then so are 99% of the other defensive ends in the league.

theblackbear apologizes for misjudging Schobel and the other Schobel bashers should be man enough to stand up and do the same thing!

Keep holding it down Aaron and theblackbear will always be the first one to give you your props.

:peace:

justasportsfan
12-09-2004, 11:28 AM
the reason why he has more tackles is because teams are afraid to run it up the middle towards Pat and Sam. :snicker:

You are wrong again

The Black Bear
12-09-2004, 11:49 AM
the reason why he has more tackles is because teams are afraid to run it up the middle towards Pat and Sam. :snicker:

You are wrong again

You're going to have to let go of the hate man just like theblackbear did. Aaron Schobel is getting it done.

If they run at him he STILL has to make the tackle!

Ya dig?

kardshark19
12-09-2004, 11:53 AM
very commendable to admit your mistakes, lil black bear! :bf1:

justasportsfan
12-09-2004, 11:59 AM
You're going to have to let go of the hate man just like theblackbear did. Aaron Schobel is getting it done.

Ya dig?

:peace:I'm not hatin on Aaron, see the smiley?

OpIv37
12-09-2004, 12:10 PM

My problem with Schobel is his inconsistent pass rush. He had a 3 game stretch around the middle of the season where he played very well (5.5 sacks in 3 games, I believe), but has done nothing before or since. He may be good against the run, but this D needs to get pressure on the QB to be effective, and Schoblel doesn't do it consistently.

THATHURMANATOR
12-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Glad to see you can admit when you are wrong Black bear. I wish I could say the same for Pink bear.

Canadian'eh!
12-09-2004, 01:33 PM

You are wrong again

I don't think the blackbear was comepltely wrong on this. I quoted justa because this is a very good point. The do run Schobels way a lot BECAUSE he struggles agianst the run at times. If the blackbear was really "watching tape" he would know that they run at Aaron a lot, AND he does get blocked a bit to easy at times.

I think Schobel has come a long way from where he was, and continues to improve. He also give max effort, so you can't complain. You are not going to find somone better that Aaron at DE for what we play him, and he is not hurting us that bad with his run D, so why complain at all?

ShadowHawk7
12-09-2004, 02:46 PM
My problem with Schobel is his inconsistent pass rush. He had a 3 game stretch around the middle of the season where he played very well (5.5 sacks in 3 games, I believe), but has done nothing before or since. He may be good against the run, but this D needs to get pressure on the QB to be effective, and Schoblel doesn't do it consistently.

:clap:
100% correct. That's his main downfall, both last year and this year.

Nighthawk
12-09-2004, 06:18 PM
There are a few Aaron Schobel bashers floating around in Bills country. theblackbear has been one of them. theblackbear has been saying for years that the kid is soft against the run. That opinion has come from watching tape of Schobel over the years. Too many times has theblackbear seen that dude get steam rolled over by tight ends and/or offensive tackles.

Was theblackbear right about Schobel being a running game liability? NO!

theblackbear has been 100% wrong. theblackbear is man enough to admit when he is wrong about a player and theblackbear is wrong about Schobel.

Why is theblackbear wrong?

Because statistics don't lie.

And

Statistics say that there are only TWO defensive ends in the entire NFL that have more total tackles than Aaron Schobel. If Schobel is weak against the run then so are 99% of the other defensive ends in the league.

theblackbear apologizes for misjudging Schobel and the other Schobel bashers should be man enough to stand up and do the same thing!

Keep holding it down Aaron and theblackbear will always be the first one to give you your props.

Why do you talk about yourself in the third person? :loser:

DaBills
12-09-2004, 07:33 PM
"Why do you talk about yourself in the third person?"

The DaBills agrees.

;-p

"You are not going to find somone better that Aaron at DE for what we play him, and he is not hurting us that bad with his run D, so why complain at all?"

I'll take the 6 sacks, 8 by year's end if you extend out the last four games, but at some point though, we need to stop shopping for the best deal and go for a true impact player to take this D to the next level. Schobel would be a very good compliment to a Julius Peppers type.

I think we've blitzed out of the safety position a lot more than in the past two years. But we also get burned when the y pick it up. And with the stellar secondary play we have, bad things man, bad things.

It would also be nice to how more effective he'd be if we had a healthy Milloy and Vincent all year. Maybe enough time to give him an extra sec on the rush.