PDA

View Full Version : It's official

ryjam282
12-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Sorry if it has been posted but I didn't see it....

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3232806

Holmes out for remainder of the season

Priest Holmes' season is officially over.

FOXSports.com has learned the Chiefs have placed Holmes on injured reserve, ending his season.
Holmes has been out with an MCL sprain in his right knee, and recently teammates and coaches have started to wonder if he would play again this year. That question has put to rest.

Holmes first suffered the injury last month against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He has missed the last four games, and Kansas City is 1-3 without him.

Derrick Blaylock and former first rounder Larry Johnson will fill in for the rest of the season.

Blaylock rushed for 186 yards in his first career start in Week 10 vs. New Orleans. And last week, Johnson ran for 118 yards and scored twice in a win in Oakland.

The Chiefs, however, are a more potent offensive team with Holmes in the lineup. In eight games, he rushed for 892 yards and 14 touchdowns. As a receiver, Holmes caught 19 passes for 187 yards and one touchdown.

Tatonka
12-09-2004, 01:26 PM
he wont be back.. ever.

Forward_Lateral
12-09-2004, 01:57 PM
he wont be back.. ever.

I concur. If he comes back next year, I'll eat my hat.

ryjam282
12-09-2004, 06:21 PM
Seriously? You think he is going to retire??

TigerJ
12-09-2004, 10:32 PM
It certainly wouldn't surprise me if he hangs up his cleats for good. I think as far as his body is concerned he has hit the wall. While there are exceptions like Marcus Allen, Emmitt Smith, and Curtis Martin, running backs tend to have shorter careers than players at a lot of other positions because they take such a beating. Priest hit stardom a little later than some running backs so people forget that he turned 31 this year, the same age as Curtis Martin. He had three huge seasons with KC before this year, but he's had injury problems before.

Tatonka
12-09-2004, 10:38 PM
Seriously? You think he is going to retire??

he is so done..

he almost retired this year.. this is the second season ending injury he has had.. and he very much strikes me as the robert smith type.

ryjam282
12-10-2004, 06:22 AM
Fantasy wise, I would love it. The owner in my league just gushs over him and I hate it. I will love it if he retires, he will be forced to keep a WR instead...I love it.

Forward_Lateral
12-10-2004, 06:57 AM
If he doesn't walk away while he can, he won't be able to. The guy is a beast, and tough as hell, but you can only sustain so many knee/leg injuries and still be able to walk later in life. He has to think about his family, etc. I think retirement is really his only smart choice.

Hemlepp53
12-10-2004, 07:31 AM
I think Holmes is a Top Bracket Running Back. He fits the Payton/Sanders Calibur in my book. It is amazing to watch him play and even more amazing to hear him speak. Holmes is a very intelligent man and whatever choice he makes I'm sure will be tossed around in his head for the remainder of the season. I personally think he has a few more years in him. He performs each and every season. I Dunno... Whatever he does is his deal but I wish he'd stick around a few more years the Game needs a back like him.. us fans need a back like him just to keep us wondering what gains he will make this season and next. I for one think he has several more in him but he will most likely walk this season or next at the latest. Hes too intelligent to destroy himself phyically when he knows he's has a life after football.