Pat Williams wants to stay in B'Lo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

Pat Williams wants to stay in B'Lo

From the D&C: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...TS03/412090357

""I don't think they're talking now but I hope they get a deal done," said Williams, who joined the Bills in 1997 as an undrafted free agent. "I want to stay here. I'm only looking for what's fair out there for D-tackles, not something outrageous."

Williams, a native of Monroe, La., isn't paying lip service to western New York when he says he loves it here. He and his wife, Valarie, and two daughters have a home in Orchard Park, he operates his own auto detailing shop, and his charitable foundation is based in Buffalo.

"Everything is here for me," Williams said. "It's not my home down south anymore. I pay taxes here. I've been here eight years. Buffalo is my home."

This is good news to me. Sorry if this has been posted.
    Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    also cheese
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

I hope he stays, especially if he's not after a Warren Sapp type deal.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

With Drew restructuring we should have no problem resigning Pat with a reasonable salary.. cool to see hes got loyalty
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

warms my heart man. Loyalty is so rare in this business. What a class act.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Stewie
          Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
          • Aug 2002

In the article, there's more about how he has set up his charitable foundations in Buffalo and he learned about giving from Ted Washington.
          Originally posted by Topdog
          Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
          I love Weiner.
          also cheese

Comment

• cordog
            eat, drink, and be merry
            • Apr 2003

I might just have to go out and get a Williams jersey because of this. Its great to hear guys like this instead of watching ESPN and hearing T.O. this and Ron Artest that.

Comment

• Drewpac
              • Jul 2002

If this is true, then Pat Williams is my new favorite Bill. Hopefully he's not just paying lip service to the fans. We'll see if he takes less to stay in Buffalo.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                • Mar 2003

Hopefully TD won't be an ass like he was to RB who said like the same thing about staying in B-Lo and restructuring his contract. PW has GOT to be resigned, more than JJ IMO.
                "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Drewpac
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
                  Hopefully TD won't be an ass like he was to RB who said like the same thing about staying in B-Lo and restructuring his contract. PW has GOT to be resigned, more than JJ IMO.
                  I agree. But they both need to be resigned. JJ is a very good left tackle and he's still pretty young. The only thing holding him back are the injuries.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

good for big pat.

i would love to have him back.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• cordog
                      eat, drink, and be merry
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
                      Ruben Brown just wasnt effective anymore.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Drewpac
                        I agree. But they both need to be resigned. JJ is a very good left tackle and he's still pretty young. The only thing holding him back are the injuries.
                        while jj seems to get dinged up alot.. we have a good back up in price.. and no one can question jj's toughness.. he has been out there with a bad shoulder like it was nothing.. in the press confrence, drew said he popped it out and he thought it looked bad.. drew went over to him on the ground and jj said.. dont worry about it.. i just need to get it popped back in.. i will be right back..

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by cordog
                          Ruben Brown just wasnt effective anymore.

i agree with that as well.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by paulB
                            ""I don't think they're talking now but I hope they get a deal done," said Williams, who joined the Bills in 1997 as an undrafted free agent. "I want to stay here. I'm only looking for what's fair out there for D-tackles, not something outrageous."
                            I usually try not to play the wet blanket, but that bolded statement is very telling. He want's what is fair, that means market value, which also means what good DTs are making NOW in new deals. He will want a good bit of money. IMO, I think he will end up getting about what Adams makes, should be a little below. I don't see it as a Bruschi move yet. We shall see. Peerless Price and Antoine Winfield also both said that they would like to stay in Buffalo too.

Comment

• The King
                              Without me it's just Awe so
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                              while jj seems to get dinged up alot.. we have a good back up in price.. and no one can question jj's toughness.. he has been out there with a bad shoulder like it was nothing.. in the press confrence, drew said he popped it out and he thought it looked bad.. drew went over to him on the ground and jj said.. dont worry about it.. i just need to get it popped back in.. i will be right back..

The more players we have like that the more w's we will get.
                              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                              It was all
                              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
                              X