• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Is Drew Bledsoe's Career resurrected?

One goal during the offseason was for the new offensive staff to attempt to resurrect the career of Drew Bledsoe. It appears to have taken a while but it might be on the way to being done. Is his career resurrected? Will he have a future here in Buffalo or any other city? Can he be a starter in the league after this year.

I think he can and will be for at least 2005.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

I agree. I think he will take a major paycut to stay here too. And he will do it for the benefit of the team. I gurantee drew doesnt want to start all over again. And right now this offense is built for him. If for some odd reason he isnt here he will get a chance somewhere else. I just hope Drew knows when to bow out...

BTW being part of the Drew fan club I still think he is going to continue to play well and dare I sat exceed some of our expectations! But thats what I always say
    Last edited by The King; 12-09-2004, 04:02 PM.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

He's no longer crappy but he's still mediocre.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BAM
        • Sep 2003

Comment

• Demon
          • Mar 2003

Could Drew Bledsoe win the Comeback Player of the Year Award?

It will be close, esspiailly if we keep on winning. Even though i think Drew Brees will win it, but with 4 games left, you never know...
          Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

I'll wait to the end of the season to make a final verdict but I think he's got another year left in him.
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• TedMock
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
              One goal during the offseason was for the new offensive staff to attempt to resurrect the career of Drew Bledsoe. It appears to have taken a while but it might be on the way to being done. Is his career resurrected? Will he have a future here in Buffalo or any other city? Can he be a starter in the league after this year.

I think he can and will be for at least 2005.

I still don't know what to think about him as a player. He has had a couple of very bad games this year, but overall I think he's playing decent. The most noticeable difference is the fact that he's actually moving around better, and avoiding more sacks. Also, when I was looking up his stats for the other thread I found the following. In his first 6 games he had 6 TD's and 7 INT's, in the last 6 games he's thrown 11 TD's and 7 INT's. He's definitely having a much better 2nd half in that regard.

Comment

• ajsdx
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by TedMock
                I still don't know what to think about him as a player. He has had a couple of very bad games this year, but overall I think he's playing decent. The most noticeable difference is the fact that he's actually moving around better, and avoiding more sacks. Also, when I was looking up his stats for the other thread I found the following. In his first 6 games he had 6 TD's and 7 INT's, in the last 6 games he's thrown 11 TD's and 7 INT's. He's definitely having a much better 2nd half in that regard.
                Which is weird because he usually plays much better in the first half of the season than the 2nd half.

Comment

• juice
                  • Aug 2003

According to Wys and Tonk Bledsoe's career was over in NE.. even though he set most of the single season passing records his first season with the Bills.. His Pro Bowl year.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
                    whereas he has a habit of fading in the 2nd half of the city.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• FTG
                      • Aug 2004

I actually agree with Phil I will decide when the season is over. If he can go into Cinnci and lead us to a win in a big game and then play well against Pitts (they may still beat us) I will believe he may be good enough to give Losman 1 more year learning. I'd still keep him on a very short leash next year. It's hard to foget his horrible play of the past.
                      Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• The King
                        Without me it's just Awe so
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by FTG
                        I actually agree with Phil I will decide when the season is over. If he can go into Cinnci and lead us to a win in a big game and then play well against Pitts (they may still beat us) I will believe he may be good enough to give Losman 1 more year learning. I'd still keep him on a very short leash next year. It's hard to foget his horrible play of the past.

I know that was tough for you but good post!!!
                        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                        It was all
                        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                          whereas he has a habit of fading in the 2nd half of the city.
                          Tell me that Miami, Baltimore, Washington, Dallas, Chicago, New Orleans, SF or Arizona (other teams might but not at the price) wouldn't take him as the starter...tell me that many teams wouldn't take him as a backup (including the Bills).

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FTG
                            many players in many sports lose years off their careers because of bad play...it gets magnified when you are a QB...how many times was Jim Plunkett left for dead?

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by FTG
                              me 3.

The Cincy game scares me the most...if he can play well on the ROAD and come out with a W, than do the same against San Fran, I will greatly consider it. For as awful as he's been on the road, it's hard to imagine we can still finish 4-4 away.
                              Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

Working...
                              X