X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

TE Position looking Depleted

The TE position is running a little thin for the Bills.. Cambell is on IR and Euhus may be looking at a season ending Knee injury as well

It seems as though DB has been becoming more comfortable using his TEs in this Offense in recent weeks hitting Cambell in the 4 TD game and going to Euhus as an outlet reciever a few times last week.. Will Neufeld and Peters be a viable option for Drew Bledsoe?

Can Neufeld get out into pass routes and make plays like Cambell as done well as of Late and can Peters be a Goaline option as a Run Blocker and catching the Ball in the Red Zone?

Just when the offense looks to being functional again we can't afford to have a falloff in the TE position and we can't afford for Drew to lose confidence in using these guys as a recieving option.
    www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20041209/1064701.asp
    Last edited by juice; 12-09-2004, 07:36 PM.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • NapalmDeath
    • Aug 2004

I would like to see Peters catch a ball and run over about 4 brownies on the way to endzone.

Seriously though, I hope Euhus' injury is not season ending

There's truth to the saying Buffalo is a drinking town with a football problem, where a passionate fan base believes it has more answers than Ken Jennings on "Jeopardy."

Comment

• juice
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by NapalmDeath
      I would like to see Peters catch a ball and run over about 4 brownies on the way to endzone.

Seriously though, I hope Euhus' injury is not season ending
      The Article says significant Time, which at this point in the season is all but season done.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• John Doe
        Florida Man
        • Jul 2002

I have more confidence in Trafford than I do in Peters.

Comment

• G. Host
          Banned
          • Jul 2002

I'd rather tell Peters that they were going to throw him the ball and let him run over opposing players than take a chance he will remember assignment.

I think missing TEs will hurt of offense as expected and someone will need to step up if not this week against Browns next three weeks afterwards.

Too bad Donahoe can not find someone on free agent market worth signing for a few weeks. There are a lot of veterans who can still play just not a whole season.

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

Not to beat a dead horse about Jason Peters' alleged less than mensa-like intellectual abilities, it is a disadvantage at this point for him to to have the physical capability to play at two positions, OT and TE. He worked at TE in preseason, OT through most of the season (on the practice squad) and now he's back at TE. It's hard enough to learn one position. Switching back and forth has the likely effect of delaying development at either position. I'm not blaming the Bills. They didn't plan the injuries to Campbell and Euhus. It's just that in some ways Peters turns out to be a victim here. I expect that he'll get duty as an extra blocker in 2 TE sets. The Bills might have a play or two where he could be a second or third receiver.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• elltrain22
              • Sep 2003

Yes, we are going to sorely miss Mark Campbell. I think Euhus can play big, but he is still a rook, and he is a bit banged up too. Hopefully we can work our way through it, but it does pose for a dicey situation.
              If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• juice
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by elltrain22
                Yes, we are going to sorely miss Mark Campbell. I think Euhus can play big, but he is still a rook, and he is a bit banged up too. Hopefully we can work our way through it, but it does pose for a dicey situation.
                Euhus is possibly done for the year anything more than a knee sprain and its over for the year.

Comment

• NapalmDeath
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by TigerJ
                  Not to beat a dead horse about Jason Peters' alleged less than mensa-like intellectual abilities, it is a disadvantage at this point for him to to have the physical capability to play at two positions, OT and TE. He worked at TE in preseason, OT through most of the season (on the practice squad) and now he's back at TE. It's hard enough to learn one position. Switching back and forth has the likely effect of delaying development at either position. I'm not blaming the Bills. They didn't plan the injuries to Campbell and Euhus. It's just that in some ways Peters turns out to be a victim here. I expect that he'll get duty as an extra blocker in 2 TE sets. The Bills might have a play or two where he could be a second or third receiver.

Nice post. Especially since he (Peters) has been benched since forgeting to call himself an eligble reciever. He was inactive last week.

There's truth to the saying Buffalo is a drinking town with a football problem, where a passionate fan base believes it has more answers than Ken Jennings on "Jeopardy."

Comment

• juice
                    • Aug 2003

Reed Factor

This would be a great game for Josh Reed to gain some confidence and become an option for DB to go to.. Coming from the slot Reed should be able to get open against the Browns LBers.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                      • May 2004

Guys...I think like with all other reserve players Peters and Trafford deserve a shot. They might surprise you. Both have skills....and you never know what a guy might do when they think they have ONE SHOT to prove themselves. This is very likely their ONE SHOT, and although I don't expect much this week, in a couple of weeks these guys might be producing for us. Let's get behind them and hope for the best!
                      "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                      --Leo Durocher

Comment

• colin
                        Drew's my hero!
                        • Jul 2002

i am concerned, but frankly our O has been making TEs, not the other way around. Running to the strong side is done behind Chris and Mike, two guys who for whatever faults you can find in their games, can really punch people in the mouth.

Passing to even a recently sub par moulds and emerging Evans can really hurt at least 3 cover men, and one or two deep ones to Evans (notice how we seem to have at least a couple every game now and we just keep on scoring?) opens it all up.

Willis has added to every aspect of our O (we haven't had a player like him since Thurman, and I was a HUGE thurman fan), and Drew is playing very well in at least some stretches.

So i am positive, but we need at least one guy out there playing TE, perhaps not against Cleveland, but Cincy will be tougher.

Comment

Working...
                        X