X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Info on Favors

Not much on the guy, but here is a statistical history of him.

You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • BillsNYC
    Man of the People
    • Jul 2002

does anybody know ANYTHING about this guy? is he any good? WAS he any good????

throw me a fricken bone here!
    Thank you.

Comment

• venis2k1
      Youboty can hope
      • Jul 2002

cant be worse than Robinson

Comment

• MissBuffalo
        Quiddity
        • Jul 2002

venis!
        See me here pushing you
        If I then deny I do
        Contemplate or wish away
        If I ask you not to stay

Comment

• venis2k1
          Youboty can hope
          • Jul 2002

this is all the info i can find on him, its from madden 2003(video game) he has a 950k 2 year deal with the colts, he rating is 67 overall, 70 str, 67 spd, 69 awr, 69 agi, 70 acc, 73 tak(tackling). he is VERY mediocore, i wouldnt expect him to get a ton of playing time this season, short of a injury. but then again what do i know, i get my info from a video game.

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

Great...now we are getting our info from video games. What is next?

Comment

• DIHARD2
              • Sep 2002

Playing for Tennessee, does he have an idea of what is going on with 46?

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...
              "The right of free speech is the God given right of each man to make an ass of himself." B Franklin

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Sporting News....

Bills sign veteran LB Favors

November 19, 2002 Print it

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. --

Veteran linebacker Greg Favors signed with the Buffalo Bills on Tuesday, the second straight day in which the team addressed its defensive needs.

Favors joins the Bills two weeks after he was released by Indianapolis, where he was inactive for the Colts' first eight games of the season. His signing came a day after Buffalo signed pass-rushing defensive end Marcus Jones to a three-year deal worth $3.3 million, not including bonuses.

While Jones is expected to miss the rest of the season recovering from a left knee injury, Favors could help the Bills immediately.

Kansas City's fourth-round pick in the 1998 draft, Favors enjoyed his best seasons from 1999-01 at Tennessee, the first two under defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, now the Bills' head coach.

Favors' best season came in 2000, when he had a career-high 5 1/2 sacks and 61 tackles in starting 15 games for the Titans. His production tailed off only slightly last year, managing just 1 1/2 sacks and 61 tackles in 16 games.

In 63 career games, 31 of which he's started, Favors has nine sacks, 145 tackles and an interception.

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

Couchscout.com says he runs the 40 in 4.61. That compares to other Bills: Newman - 4.59, Fred Jones - 4.85, Robinson - 4.81, Fletcher - 4.45, Spoon - 4.71. I know speed isn't everything. Zack Thomas is a pretty good middle linebacker and he's listed at a pedestrian 4.74. I'm sure couchscout is not the last word in accurate 40 times, but at least it's something. Robinson's 40 time gives us a good reason for his struggles at keeping up with quick running backs and athletic tight ends.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                    • Jul 2002

In any case, that $3.3M contract for three years is essentially a two-year deal since he came here on IR. Lots of cash for a questionmark player IMO. Especially when you consider that our needs are immediate and far reaching on D.

We need guys that are proven and that won't be injured.

IMO this is another dubious move by our FO. When are we gonna quit wasting bucks on average players w/ injury histories?!
                    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

If you are inactive for Indy, you can't be worth much. But watch, GW will play him and sit Newman.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        • Jul 2002

I'm not overly impressed with either signing. Doesn't sound like Favors cost that much. I didn't see the figures however. I am growing skeptical of TD and GW's "bargain hunt" for players however.

It seems like they're always trying to find a guy "who's supposed to be this or that" that is injured, or hasn't played in a season, or some other thing that most GMs avoid, but somehow we feel they're bound to be good.

It doesn't make any sense. Jones w/ that contract can't be cut this season. For near $2 per season, it would seem to me that we could have gotten a decent LB that doesn't have a significant injury history. ($1.65M/ year for an effective 2 years and assuming that $1M or so of that is bonus)

Why the lack of patience? FAcy hasn't even begun yet!

I gotta tell ya, this offseason had better result in a majorleague upheaval for our D. As of now, 3 of our 4 starters aren't starter caliber on the DL, or are sketchy as starters. Robinson, if he's around next year then that will be a real indictment of how biased GW is toward ex-Titan players. Robinson blows. He was brought in as a pass-specializing LB and simply can't cover. He doesn't tackle well and isn't worth a turd on blitzes or other stuff. We also need to put a couple of guys on our depth chart at CB between AW/NC and Watson.

Enough of this signing injured players and then reflecting on what they did two seasons ago when they were healthy. With the lack of performance of a well-paid Fletcher, a botched acquisition with Robinson, and a falty assessment that one of our DL-men would step up, we are ill suited to gambling w/ the precious cap dollars that we have. We need to start signing some proven players. There were plenty last season at various positions that signed for very reasonable contracts that we didn't even bother to bring in.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

Actually, now that I've thought about that Marcus Jones deal, assuming that the $3.3M was the total contract, it may have actually been a shrewd move. Assume a $1M bonus. The contract, while he is on IR, is for three years. So a third of any bonus will already have passed for this season. He will no doubt be starting next season so we'll have that season to evaluate him both pre and regular.

So I suppose if he weren't to work out, the financial drawback wouldn't be enormous. This particular signing may have been a worthwhile gamble.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• EricStratton
                            • Jul 2002

I wonder if TD knew about that bonus/this year/next year stuff. I sure hope he reads message boards to figure out when to and when not to sign players.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EricStratton
                              I wonder if TD knew about that bonus/this year/next year stuff. I sure hope he reads message boards to figure out when to and when not to sign players.

LMAO.....very funny
                              Resign our own guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X