PDA

View Full Version : ND: Montana/Clements:Weis Interview

juice
12-10-2004, 09:09 AM
Weis is scheduled for an interview Friday.. But Joe Montana says Clements is the man for the job.

What are the odds 2-1 for Clements getting the Gig? It looks like Weis will be tied up for a few more weeks, while Clements already has a bag packed.

Sure would be good if Weis got the Hell outta the AFC-East.

sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1943038

ryjam282
12-10-2004, 09:14 AM
I think Weis would jump at the chance of a head coaching job, no matter where it is. He has been turned down a few times in the NFL in the past 2 years and I think if he is offered it, he would take it in a heartbeat. I think Clements will get it though, he was a great player for them and Montana is backing him....I think he is as good as gone, I just hope it is at the end of the seaon instead of right now.

Forward_Lateral
12-10-2004, 09:29 AM
I say since Montana is pushing so hard for Clements to leave, he HAS to come to Buffalo and be our QB coach, while we promote Wyche to O.C.
Stupid sexy Montana

don137
12-10-2004, 09:30 AM
Montana is pimping Clements for the job in a big way...I am sure they listened to Joe. Selfishly I really hope Weis gets it because I don't want to lose Clements and Weis would be gone but uns-selfishly I hope Clements gets it if that makes any sense.

Would Clements finish the season or would the Bills have to pick someone like Wyche to finish the season as OC?

DraftBoy
12-10-2004, 09:35 AM
I think Montana is pushing for Clements, so Montana gets a job at ND too. He'd be huge in the requirting QB to the university.

Tatonka
12-10-2004, 10:08 AM
the requirting QB to the university.

so your not a dumb jock huh?

:roflmao:

:jk:

chernobylwraiths
12-10-2004, 10:16 AM
I think Weis would jump at the chance of a head coaching job, no matter where it is. He has been turned down a few times in the NFL in the past 2 years and I think if he is offered it, he would take it in a heartbeat. I think Clements will get it though, he was a great player for them and Montana is backing him....I think he is as good as gone, I just hope it is at the end of the seaon instead of right now.

I don't think he was turned down as much as the opportunities passed him by last year while he was in the playoffs, same with three years ago. I think two years ago, even though Brady had a great year, the running game was non existant and since NE didn't even make it back to the playoffs, maybe some people had doubts. Unfortunately, you can't hire a coach on a staff that is in the playoffs, otherwise he would have already been employed this year.

chernobylwraiths
12-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Montana is pimping Clements for the job in a big way...I am sure they listened to Joe. Selfishly I really hope Weis gets it because I don't want to lose Clements and Weis would be gone but uns-selfishly I hope Clements gets it if that makes any sense.

Would Clements finish the season or would the Bills have to pick someone like Wyche to finish the season as OC?

I don't know the answer to this. Who was it who pushed the University to hire Willingham when the other guy's resume turned out to have more lies than a GWB speech?

:jk: republicans

Mudflap1
12-10-2004, 11:14 AM
Weis is a Notre Dame alum, 1978.

Jon

DraftBoy
12-10-2004, 11:15 AM
so your not a dumb jock huh?

:roflmao:

:jk:

dont make me neg you

Tatonka
12-10-2004, 01:59 PM
dont make me neg you

:peace:

it was a joke.. :roflmao:

i just thought it was funny considering the other conversation.

NapalmDeath
12-11-2004, 12:15 AM
Weis is a Notre Dame alum, 1978.

Jon

It said in the Buffalo news earlier this week that Yes Weiss is an alum but he didn't play football.

juice
12-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Sure would be good if Weis got the Hell outta the AFC-East.

:up:

Maybe the Pats DC Crennel will get a Head Coaching gig with someone in the off-season.. Loosen the Pats strangle hold on the AFC-E.