Moulds wont take a paycut after seeing this!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Moulds wont take a paycut after seeing this!!

Dec 8

Wide receiver Marvin Harrison has agreed to a seven-year, $67 million contract extension that will keep him in Indianapolis—and paired with Peyton Manning—for the foreseeable future. The contract includes $22 million in guaranteed money, according to ESPN's John Clayton, with flexible roster bonuses that allow the Colts to play cap gymnastics as they attempt to sign other players—most notably running back Edgerrin James, who is slated to be an unrestricted free agent following the season.

Views: Harrison and Manning are within five touchdowns of the most potent hook-up in NFL history, Steve Young and Jerry Rice, and this deal all but assures that mark will be shattered. Moreover, it also looks as if Manning and Harrison will spend their entire careers playing catch, which is great news for their fantasy owners.

Fanball is a daily fantasy sports platform. Compete against friends or strangers in various contest formats for fun or for prizes.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • BAM
    • Sep 2003

I REALLY hope he doesn't leave us.......

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

If you look at numbers and the relative success of their offenses, I don't think Moulds would be wise to use Harrison as a comparison. It depends- he can stay here and win or go finish his career on a crappy team.

How the hell is Indy going to pay the other 51 players and still be under the cap?
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

i guarentee you that moulds is thinking, i got drafted one pick behind harrison.. we have had compairable numbers.. we are both probowlers.. he just has a real qb.. and i never have...

he is not taking a pay cut and he will want a big extension even if he stays..
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Moulds shouldn't take a paycut with or without that info.
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
            i guarentee you that moulds is thinking, i got drafted one pick behind harrison.. we have had compairable numbers.. we are both probowlers.. he just has a real qb.. and i never have...

he is not taking a pay cut and he will want a big extension even if he stays..

Agreed.

TD will try shopping a trade with him next season if Moulds shows signs of reluctancy.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
              Moulds shouldn't take a paycut with or without that info.

Terrell owens doesnt make the money moulds does next year.. you tell me who is better.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                • Jan 2003

Terrell owens doesnt make the money moulds does next year.. you tell me who is better.
                Terrell Owens is a selfless player who wants only what is best for the team.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Moulds doesn't deserve a pay cut. He can sign an extension and help the cap. I suspect it will get done before the draft

Also, those Harrison numbers are not what they seem. It's essentially a 2 yr deal with a HUGE roster bonus in 2006. He also has 8 digit salaries the last 3 yrs of the deal which just makes the deal seem larger. Harrison is guaranteed about $15 million total for 2004 & 2005.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                    • May 2003

I hate when teams do that crap. When in the hell are people going to realize that you cannot win a championship when you have two players making all the money. That contract Manning signed was absolutley ridiculous, and now Harrison? Meanwhile, Tom Brady, who already owns two rings takes a cut in pay to help his team. What gives?

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                      Terrell Owens is a selfless player who wants only what is best for the team.

i see the sarcasm obviously.. but he is a much more dominant receiver.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                        Moulds doesn't deserve a pay cut. He can sign an extension and help the cap. I suspect it will get done before the draft

Also, those Harrison numbers are not what they seem. It's essentially a 2 yr deal with a HUGE roster bonus in 2006. He also has 8 digit salaries the last 3 yrs of the deal which just makes the deal seem larger. Harrison is guaranteed about $15 million total for 2004 & 2005.
                        thanks for beating me to it.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                          • Jan 2003

i see the sarcasm obviously.. but he is a much more dominant receiver.
                          Harrison's numbers are also MUCH better than Moulds's numbers. Harrison doesn't seem to take every other year off. I know Moulds has had some injuries but I don't think anybody would say that Moulds is in the same category as Harrison. Even most here would say of the top receivers in the NFL, Moulds just is in that second tier of top receivers.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

i bet you moulds thinks he is as good as harrison regardless of numbers.. no question .

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

i bet you moulds thinks he is as good as harrison regardless of numbers.. no question .
                              doesnt matter...like clump said...he is under contract and the Bills can afford to let him play for that number if they wish...this is a non issue from the Bills standpoint.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                              X