PDA

View Full Version : Does this stuff really work?

Drive 4 Five
12-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Recently on Inside the NFL, there was an interview with Corey Dillon, and he was asked, "Will the Bengals and Marvin Lewis ever be a good team?" Dillon didn't comment, he just laughed long and hard, as if to say:

You must be out of your damn mind. The Bengals are losers and will always be losers.

How useful do you all think this stuff is in motivating teams? Sure it's a longshot, but nobody believed the Bengals could have beaten the mighty Chiefs last year. Wouldn't it be great if they just beat the holy hell out of New England? Sure that won't help us, but what it would do is start some trouble for Corey Dillon, and it very likely would cost them home field advantage throughout. Anyone else think they have a chance? I believe the Bengals are a very dangerous team. They have some tremendous talent, especially on offense, and we all know they are capable of lighting up the scoreboard.

Well here is to hoping that New England will slip, even just a little...

BuffaloBlakely14
12-10-2004, 11:29 AM
As much as we all would love the Patriots to slip and lose, this is not the game...we would love nothing more than the Pats to stomp the Bengals, and effectively eliminate them from the wildcard race...

Drive 4 Five
12-10-2004, 11:34 AM
As much as we all would love the Patriots to slip and lose, this is not the game...we would love nothing more than the Pats to stomp the Bengals, and effectively eliminate them from the wildcard race...

Yes but if New England wins homefield throughout, they will be in the Super Bowl yet again. You can bank on that. Besides, we play the Bengals next week, and we can eliminate them if we can pull of a win.

BAM
12-10-2004, 11:36 AM
Go Patriots!

The King
12-10-2004, 11:38 AM
Yes but if New England wins homefield throughout, they will be in the Super Bowl yet again. You can bank on that. Besides, we play the Bengals next week, and we can eliminate them if we can pull of a win.

On the road or NE they are favs.... The only team that can beat them right now is Indy. Pittsburg will not beat them twice and Indy really owes them an ass whooping. Thats the only way NE loses.

Drive 4 Five
12-10-2004, 11:38 AM
Go Patriots!

Dude don't ever say that around me dog. WTF?

BAM
12-10-2004, 11:39 AM
Just for this week. GO PATS!

Drive 4 Five
12-10-2004, 11:42 AM
Just for this week. GO PATS!

But if we beat the Bengals then it won't matter and wouldn't you love to see them stick it to the Patsies. C'mon bro, say it with me....GO BENGALS!

Drive 4 Five
12-10-2004, 11:45 AM
On the road or NE they are favs.... The only team that can beat them right now is Indy. Pittsburg will not beat them twice and Indy really owes them an ass whooping. Thats the only way NE loses.

Here is how I see it: Nobody is going to go into Foxboro in January and win. No way. The Patriots must not get homefield throughout. Homefield advantage is more crucial this year than ever I think.

Typ0
12-10-2004, 12:17 PM
Cincy will have a chance to beat NE in the 4th quarter I think...I hope they come through.

Devin
12-10-2004, 12:22 PM
whether we go to the super bowl or not, the playoffs beat sitting around watching the other teams.

GO NE!

Drive 4 Five
12-10-2004, 12:26 PM
I have to say that I am appalled that there are Bills fans actually rooting for New England. Shame on you guys...

:nono:

Why in the hell?

Drive 4 Five
12-10-2004, 12:28 PM
Cincy will have a chance to beat NE in the 4th quarter I think...I hope they come through.

I am glad to see that there is someone who has their wits about them.

BAM
12-10-2004, 12:33 PM
The Patriots are going to get into the Playoffs easily. Why not eliminate one of the challengers to the last wildcard spot?

GO PATRIOTS.

Drive 4 Five
12-10-2004, 12:36 PM
The Patriots are going to get into the Playoffs easily. Why not eliminate one of the challengers to the last wildcard spot?

GO PATRIOTS.

What does it matter? We are going to beat them silly...

I guess you'rer just looking for an excuse to root for the Patriots because you must be secretly all over Brady's nuts?

BAM
12-10-2004, 12:37 PM
Yep. I am his biggest supporter because I want him to beat a team that is currently above us for the wildcard spot. You got me man!

:loser:

I am rooting for Miami this week too. I guess that makes me a Feeley-feeler too then eh? :dance:

Drive 4 Five
12-10-2004, 12:38 PM
Yep. I am his biggest supporter because I want him to beat a team that is currently above us for the wildcard spot. You got me man!

:loser:

You know I'm kidding right? I just don't understand your logic.

BAM
12-10-2004, 12:40 PM
You know I'm kidding right? I just don't understand your logic.

Here I'll dumb it down a bit.

Patriots are in.

Cincy is battling us for wildcard spot.

Eliminate Cincy.

Cool? :snicker2:

Drive 4 Five
12-10-2004, 12:43 PM
Here I'll dumb it down a bit.

Patriots are in.

Cincy is battling us for wildcard spot.

Eliminate Cincy.

Cool? :snicker2:

Oh ok, now you're going to call me dumb? You can suck on my nuts too while your throbbing Brady and Feeler.

BAM
12-10-2004, 12:45 PM
temper temper, "dog"!

Drev8
All I know is I'd rather face a demoralized Cincy with almost zero playoff hopes than a team that just beat the Superbowl champs in their own stadium! I think you're looking at two very different kinds of opponents depending on what happens to them this week....

Hemlepp53
See I see it like this. By wanting the Fins and NE to win is really ensuring our spot on the Playoff Tree. This is logical if you ask me but it still sucks. I wouldnt cry if NE lost to Cincy but I wont cry if they win either. I think we will drop Cincy when we meet but to be sure I understand your logic BAM.. but as a KnuckleHead Bills Fan I get your point too Bills Fan Atic.. So your both wrong and your both right.. Go Bills and Whatever helps them Post Season....

Drive 4 Five
12-10-2004, 12:46 PM
All I am saying is that I will NEVER cheer for the Patriots or the Dolphins and if you don't like it, well then here is a great big **** you to yous.

Drive 4 Five
12-10-2004, 12:48 PM
Ok, that was way way out of line, and I see what you're saying but I can't stand to see Bills fans rooting for a divisional rival regardless of the circumstances. Sorry...

Drive 4 Five
12-10-2004, 12:51 PM
Look you guys are always going on and on about how we can't beat any "good" teams, well if we cannot beat a Cincy team playing with all the confidence and all the swagger of having knocked off the defending champions, then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs in the first place.

Drive 4 Five
12-10-2004, 12:54 PM
Just like at the end of the season, if it comes down to playing the Steelers with everything on the line, I would much rather play the Steelers at full strength than their backups. I want to see what this team is made of. I don't want to see them sneak into the playoffs...I want to see how strong we are. That is all I am saying guys and I am sorry for losing my temper and talking all kinds of s**t.

BAM
12-10-2004, 01:01 PM
Look you guys are always going on and on about how we can't beat any "good" teams, well if we cannot beat a Cincy team playing with all the confidence and all the swagger of having knocked off the defending champions, then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs in the first place.

I think we will beat the crap out of Cincy. I am just hoping for these teams to win so the Bills can get this last spot.... There is no way in hell I'd root for the Pats or Fins if they posed threats to us. As of right now, the Pats are in, and the Dolphins pose no threat to us.

To me it doesn't matter if the Pats or Steelers win the home field advantage because it will be tough as hell to beat either of them at home. I have absolutely no problem whatsoever rooting for ANY team if it is going to help us get into the postseason. :up:

Drive 4 Five
12-10-2004, 01:13 PM
I think we will beat the crap out of Cincy. I am just hoping for these teams to win so the Bills can get this last spot.... There is no way in hell I'd root for the Pats or Fins if they posed threats to us. As of right now, the Pats are in, and the Dolphins pose no threat to us.

To me it doesn't matter if the Pats or Steelers win the home field advantage because it will be tough as hell to beat either of them at home. I have absolutely no problem whatsoever rooting for ANY team if it is going to help us get into the postseason. :up:

I see where you're coming from bro and once again I apologize for the retort.

BAM
12-10-2004, 01:15 PM
No prob. To each his own. :)

I would not be entirely disappointed if the Pats lost either.....

madness
12-10-2004, 01:42 PM
Looks like everyone has a point and sees it their own way. I absolutely hate the Pats but...

I'd rather face a full demoralized bengal than a hungry driven one.

The_Philster
12-10-2004, 03:39 PM
If the Patriots lose a game in the remaining 4 weeks, then the finale could be meaningless to Pittsburgh

Ickybaluky
12-10-2004, 08:04 PM
If the Bengals win on Sunday, it will be because they played better. No interview Corey Dillon did in the offseason is going to make a difference.

Mike Mularkey was handing out excerpts of "Patriots Reign" to the Bills players prior to them playing the Patriots, to get them fired up about Bill Belichick's derogatory comments.

How did that work out for ya'?

Ray Lewis and the Ravens were supposed to beat up Terrell Owens a few weeks ago because he spurned them in the offseason. Owens had 8 catches for 101 yards and scored the winning TD.

That stuff never really has an impact on the game.

Drive 4 Five
12-10-2004, 08:23 PM
If the Bengals win on Sunday, it will be because they played better. No interview Corey Dillon did in the offseason is going to make a difference.

Mike Mularkey was handing out excerpts of "Patriots Reign" to the Bills players prior to them playing the Patriots, to get them fired up about Bill Belichick's derogatory comments.

How did that work out for ya'?

Ray Lewis and the Ravens were supposed to beat up Terrell Owens a few weeks ago because he spurned them in the offseason. Owens had 8 catches for 101 yards and scored the winning TD.

That stuff never really has an impact on the game.

Oh and how in the **** do you know that Mularkey was handing out excerpts from the Pussy Patriot Book? Don't flatter yourselves. That is probably just some stupid **** that your local media made up to have something to talk about. Speaking of which, why in the hell are you here anyway? Are you growing tired of posts concerning Tom Brady in some underwear ad? Screw you pal, **** the Patriots and all their pompous little queer ass fans. Here is a great big **** you to you buddy!

Michael82
12-10-2004, 09:16 PM
Go Dolphins! Go Patriots! :ill: :puke:

:couch:

Ickybaluky
12-10-2004, 09:24 PM
Oh and how in the **** do you know that Mularkey was handing out excerpts ...

Because Mularkey stated he was going to do it when he was asked about the content of the book.

Most coaches like to use that type of stuff, but it really doesn't have an impact on the game. Granted, teams can get overconfident, but what a player says isn't going to impact a game, how they play will.

BTW, lighten up a little. I was just making a point in a discussion on a message board. No need to get so riled up.

I'm here because I enjoy the board, which is well moderated. Basically, I like it here, there are good people and some good football talk that interests me. There are a lot of people who post here that I enjoy reading, although I can't say you've made that list. As for my "going away", it isn't your call. You are not a moderator.

Drive 4 Five
12-11-2004, 08:50 AM
"BTW, lighten up a little. I was just making a point in a discussion on a message board. No need to get so riled up."

Then curb your tongue. What you were doing was talking ****. Everyone knows that New England is the best team in the NFL, nobody needs a pompous ass like yourself throwing it in our faces all the time. This is what pissed me off...

"Mike Mularkey was handing out excerpts of "Patriots Reign" to the Bills players prior to them playing the Patriots, to get them fired up about Bill Belichick's derogatory comments. How did that work out for ya'?"

Yeah sure that doesn't warrant the response, but remarks like that are really inappropriate I think. You could have made your point without throwing the barbs. Don't provoke people then and you won't get responses like that.

Ickybaluky
12-11-2004, 02:22 PM
Yeah sure that doesn't warrant the response, but remarks like that are really inappropriate I think. You could have made your point without throwing the barbs. Don't provoke people then and you won't get responses like that.

Inappropriate? Are you kidding? Why? Just because I grew up a Patriots fan doesnt' mean I can't say what I want. There was nothing untoward about what I said, you are just being over-sensitive because I follow the Patriots. If anyone else had said it you wouldn't have thought twice.

You should let the moderators decide what is appropriate behavior. In fact, you should think about monitoring your own behavior, instead of telling others how to act.

You really need to relax, this is just a message board. I mentioned Terrell Owens as well, but apparently that didn't offend you. Both were instances I figured you might remember. Neither was very provocative. You asked the question, I was merely offering my opinion, backed up with a couple examples.

Mr. Cynical
12-11-2004, 02:31 PM
How did that work out for ya'? I have to agree with bfa here, NE39. If you had used a :; after this quote, then maybe I could see it as being tongue in cheek. But the way this comes off is arrogant and spiteful. I know you aren't one to start fights (knowing your history) so I glossed over it. But on the surface it does look like a shot.

Ickybaluky
12-11-2004, 04:50 PM
I have to agree with bfa here, NE39. If you had used a :; after this quote, then maybe I could see it as being tongue in cheek. But the way this comes off is arrogant and spiteful. I know you aren't one to start fights (knowing your history) so I glossed over it. But on the surface it does look like a shot.

Then I say your being sensitive. It was meant to be funny. People say things 10 times worse that are brushed off. That is a perfectly harmless comment.

Mr. Cynical
12-11-2004, 05:03 PM
Then I say your being sensitive. It was meant to be funny. People say things 10 times worse that are brushed off. That is a perfectly harmless comment.Agreed, except for one thing ... you are a Pats fan posting on a Bills board. That's different than a Bills fan ribbing another Bills fan. Just goes with the territory.

The_Philster
12-11-2004, 05:35 PM
Agreed, except for one thing ... you are a Pats fan posting on a Bills board. That's different than a Bills fan ribbing another Bills fan. Just goes with the territory.
:faint: :ill: My head hurts from agreeing with Cynical twice in one day

NapalmDeath
12-11-2004, 05:39 PM
:faint: :ill: My head hurts from agreeing with Cynical twice in one day

LOL

Ickybaluky
12-11-2004, 06:01 PM
Agreed, except for one thing ... you are a Pats fan posting on a Bills board. That's different than a Bills fan ribbing another Bills fan. Just goes with the territory.

That may be true, but I don't think it's right. I have not been one to rub anyone's face in things.

But, hey, it's your board.

Mr. Cynical
12-11-2004, 06:17 PM
That may be true, but I don't think it's right. I have not been one to rub anyone's face in things.

But, hey, it's your board.Well, it's not *my* board, but thanks for the compliment. :;

That's what I mentioned earlier, i.e., your history here has not been one to come here and start up trouble. And personally I think alot of your posts have been very good and informative.

All I'm saying is that you probably want to be a bit more careful here as a Pats fan or you can expect someone to fire back. For example, your thread about how we should read Patriots Reign. I know your intent was not to rub anyone's nose in it, but I admit I was very surprised you would post that on a heated division rival's site, especially since we've been sucking wind for so many years now while the Pats have "reigned".

But it's all good - no harm done. :cheers:

Drive 4 Five
12-11-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally, when I first came to this site, I had a real problem with fans from our divisional rivals posting here, and I was relentless in expressing my displeasure towards them. Just ask Chambers. But Mr Cynical is correct in that many of those fans are and have been courteous, and insightful, and generally refrain from posting comments that are going to provoke some angry comments. I am only grateful that I did not come across the post suggesting that we (Bills fans) read Patriot Reign. I may have been thrown out of here for good. Whether or not you will acknowledge this NE39, you definitely have crossed that line.

Marino13Phins
12-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally, when I first came to this site, I had a real problem with fans from our divisional rivals posting here, and I was relentless in expressing my displeasure towards them. Just ask Chambers. But Mr Cynical is correct in that many of those fans are and have been courteous, and insightful, and generally refrain from posting comments that are going to provoke some angry comments. I am only grateful that I did not come across the post suggesting that we (Bills fans) read Patriot Reign. I may have been thrown out of here for good. Whether or not you will acknowledge this NE39, you definitely have crossed that line.

You're right. But everyone eased up on me when they knew I wasn' there to start trouble. I didn't read that thread you are talking about, but I think I'm going to go do that now.

Drive 4 Five
12-12-2004, 03:53 PM
You're right. But everyone eased up on me when they knew I wasn' there to start trouble. I didn't read that thread you are talking about, but I think I'm going to go do that now.

True, but it's not as if you are in a position to start trouble when your team is 2-10. :; J/K Chambers.

I never thought I'd say this, but I really feel bad for you guys. Best of luck next year.

Marino13Phins
12-12-2004, 08:17 PM
True, but it's not as if you are in a position to start trouble when your team is 2-10. :; J/K Chambers.

I never thought I'd say this, but I really feel bad for you guys. Best of luck next year.

:rofl: Thanks, atleast we almost beat Denver. :up:

Drive 4 Five
12-12-2004, 09:22 PM
:rofl: Thanks, atleast we almost beat Denver. :up:

You guys have been giving everyone hell lately. WTF? Why couldn't they play like that before? So, are you happy with the progress that A.J. is making? Kid has a great arm and is tough as nails. He has taken a beating and has not backed down once.