X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drive 4 Five
    • May 2003

Does this stuff really work?

Recently on Inside the NFL, there was an interview with Corey Dillon, and he was asked, "Will the Bengals and Marvin Lewis ever be a good team?" Dillon didn't comment, he just laughed long and hard, as if to say:

You must be out of your damn mind. The Bengals are losers and will always be losers.

How useful do you all think this stuff is in motivating teams? Sure it's a longshot, but nobody believed the Bengals could have beaten the mighty Chiefs last year. Wouldn't it be great if they just beat the holy hell out of New England? Sure that won't help us, but what it would do is start some trouble for Corey Dillon, and it very likely would cost them home field advantage throughout. Anyone else think they have a chance? I believe the Bengals are a very dangerous team. They have some tremendous talent, especially on offense, and we all know they are capable of lighting up the scoreboard.

Well here is to hoping that New England will slip, even just a little...
  • BuffaloBlakely14
    • Sep 2003

As much as we all would love the Patriots to slip and lose, this is not the game...we would love nothing more than the Pats to stomp the Bengals, and effectively eliminate them from the wildcard race...

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
      • May 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloBlakely14
      As much as we all would love the Patriots to slip and lose, this is not the game...we would love nothing more than the Pats to stomp the Bengals, and effectively eliminate them from the wildcard race...
      Yes but if New England wins homefield throughout, they will be in the Super Bowl yet again. You can bank on that. Besides, we play the Bengals next week, and we can eliminate them if we can pull of a win.

Comment

• BAM
        • Sep 2003

Go Patriots!

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by bills_fan_atic
          Yes but if New England wins homefield throughout, they will be in the Super Bowl yet again. You can bank on that. Besides, we play the Bengals next week, and we can eliminate them if we can pull of a win.

On the road or NE they are favs.... The only team that can beat them right now is Indy. Pittsburg will not beat them twice and Indy really owes them an ass whooping. Thats the only way NE loses.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
            • May 2003

Originally posted by BAM
            Go Patriots!
            Dude don't ever say that around me dog. WTF?

Comment

• BAM
              • Sep 2003

Just for this week. GO PATS!

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                • May 2003

Originally posted by BAM
                Just for this week. GO PATS!
                But if we beat the Bengals then it won't matter and wouldn't you love to see them stick it to the Patsies. C'mon bro, say it with me....GO BENGALS!

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
                  On the road or NE they are favs.... The only team that can beat them right now is Indy. Pittsburg will not beat them twice and Indy really owes them an ass whooping. Thats the only way NE loses.
                  Here is how I see it: Nobody is going to go into Foxboro in January and win. No way. The Patriots must not get homefield throughout. Homefield advantage is more crucial this year than ever I think.

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

Cincy will have a chance to beat NE in the 4th quarter I think...I hope they come through.

Comment

• Devin
                      The Octagon
                      • Apr 2003

whether we go to the super bowl or not, the playoffs beat sitting around watching the other teams.

GO NE!
                      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                        • May 2003

I have to say that I am appalled that there are Bills fans actually rooting for New England. Shame on you guys...

Why in the hell?

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by Typ0
                          Cincy will have a chance to beat NE in the 4th quarter I think...I hope they come through.
                          I am glad to see that there is someone who has their wits about them.

Comment

• BAM
                            • Sep 2003

The Patriots are going to get into the Playoffs easily. Why not eliminate one of the challengers to the last wildcard spot?

GO PATRIOTS.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by BAM
                              The Patriots are going to get into the Playoffs easily. Why not eliminate one of the challengers to the last wildcard spot?

GO PATRIOTS.
                              What does it matter? We are going to beat them silly...

I guess you'rer just looking for an excuse to root for the Patriots because you must be secretly all over Brady's nuts?

Comment

Working...
                              X