X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Worst Bills Memories?

I'm kind of young, but one thing pops in my head.

It was home against Miami, and Jimbo was still QB. It was 14-7 Miami and we were driving at the end of the game. We were on the 10 I think. Well, T-Buck (I think) picks it off at the goal line and brings it back 99 yards for a TD. Miami wins 21-7.

I know the Superbowl memories (wide right in particular - and Music City Pass for playoffs) will come into mind, but I'm actually interested in which regular season game you cant get out of your head.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.
  • SoCalBillsFan
    Expert on Experts
    • Jul 2002

I remember watching that game. Heartbreaking. Really the beginning of the end for Jim Kelly.

Comment

• im4bflo
      the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
      • Sep 2003

Every Nationaly televised game that we were embarrassed.
      the latest one, the Pats game.

Comment

• Billz_fan
        • Jan 2003

Here are a couple that haunt me.

1981 Divisional playoff vs Cincinnati. The Bills played a good game but were behind 28-21 and driving with no time outs left. Joe Furgesons shoe falls off and we lose the game as the clock runs out with the Bills at the cincy 20 yard line.

1989 Divisional playoff vs Cleveland. This is the infamous drop in the end zone by Ronnie Harmon as Kelly lays it right in Harmons outstretched hands for the win. I was already screaming YES YES YES ! when he dropped it. Harmon was traded to San Diego directly after that.
        Last edited by Billz_fan; 12-11-2004, 06:19 AM.
        The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

wide right
          music city miracle
          boyhood hero being a murderer

Comment

• Mad Bomber
            • Jul 2002

This is painful...

Wide Right
            Jimbo's INT against the Jags in his last game
            Steve Tasker ejected in his last game
            Wide Right
            Wide Right
            Wide Right

Comment

• unpaid_bills
              • Nov 2004

#1 SB vs Giants, enough said
              #2 Has to be the Titans playoff game to lose a playoff game like that, the start of Flutie v Johnson fued
              #3 First 4 games this year.

Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills .... Bills Mafia for life

Comment

• buffalofan19
                God's gift to the Zone
                • Dec 2004

1998- Bills at Patriots. Buffalo is up 21-17. New England has one more shot at a win from the Buffalo 40-something yardline. Bledsoe, who was playing with a broken finger at the time, throws up a Hail Mary which falls incomplete. The officials decide they are going to throw a flag for pass interference on Kurt Schulz and give NE one more shot from the 1 yard line. Bledsoe hits Coates in the back of the endzone. Touchdown New England. The Bills decide not to go out against the extra point and Adam Vinateri scores the 2 pt. conversion 25-21. That game, along with the officials calling that Vinny Testaverde scored a TD (for the Jets) against Seattle, which was blatantly incorrect, ended up costing the Bills the AFC East title.

The next year, the NFL implemented instant replay, which still ended up screwing the Bills over.
                Penguins at Sabres Highlight Video 10/10/05
                Sabres at Lightning Highlight Video 10/13/05
                Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 10/20/05
                Rangers at Sabres Highlight Video 10/22/05
                Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 10/29/05
                Maple Leafs at Sabres Highlight Video 11/11/05
                Devils at Sabres Highlight Video 11/15/05
                Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 11/19/05
                Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 11/23/05
                Canadiens at Sabres Highlight Video 11/25/05

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by buffalofan19
                  1998- Bills at Patriots. Buffalo is up 21-17. New England has one more shot at a win from the Buffalo 40-something yardline. Bledsoe, who was playing with a broken finger at the time, throws up a Hail Mary which falls incomplete. The officials decide they are going to throw a flag for pass interference on Kurt Schulz and give NE one more shot from the 1 yard line. Bledsoe hits Coates in the back of the endzone. Touchdown New England. The Bills decide not to go out against the extra point and Adam Vinateri scores the 2 pt. conversion 25-21. That game, along with the officials calling that Vinny Testaverde scored a TD (for the Jets) against Seattle, which was blatantly incorrect, ended up costing the Bills the AFC East title.

The next year, the NFL implemented instant replay, which still ended up screwing the Bills over.
                  The refs f***in' suck, and LOVE the patsies (see avatar).

Comment

• PUCKER
                    • Sep 2004

Wide Right. *SIGH*
                    Zapper's Hit List:
                    SABURZFAN -
                    SabreEleven -

pjw aka Mini -
                    Billsology -

Join BDZ today!!!
                    http://www.billszone.com/http://www....ad.php?t=72979

Comment

• Devin
                      The Octagon
                      • Apr 2003

Minus wide-right and the Music City ****.

My worst is probably the blowout to dallas in the 3rd superbowl trip. Each touchdown Dallas made hurt so bad, I remember watching in futility I was probably 13-14 at the time. My eyes started to swell up and my only smile came when Reich came in and on his 2nd/3rd play tossed a 40 yard touchdown.

That game was tough because our boys just got destroyed the whole game.
                      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

i am going to have nightmares tonight guys.. thanks.

by the way crisis.. i think the guy for miami that you are thinking of was there free safety.. i think his name was louis oliver or something close to that.. last name was oliver thought, i am sure of it.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

and my worst memory of all times ...

- wide right really hurt.. bad.. literally.. i broke my hand right after it happened because i hit the wall, my fist went through the drywall and into the brick on the outside of the home.. i was 16 and stupid..
                          - thurman fumbling for the SECOND time in the last superbowl against dallas that i was sure we were going to win at halftime up 13-6.. and then his mysterious stomach ache.. i lost all respect for thurman that day.. which hurt as much as the superbowl loss..
                          - seeing ken norton jump on jim kelly's knee in the other dallas superbowl.. i knew it was all over. that was crushing.

BUT THE MOST PAINFUL MOMENT IN BILLS HISTORY IS......... (DRUMROLL PLEASE)

THE MUSIC CITY MIRACLE

- i dont ever remember going from such an extreme high, to such a huge low in such a short time.. and even though i was a grown man when that happened... i responded like i was 12 again.. i pouted for like a week.. maybe longer.. it was just horrible.. i dont know that the scar will ever heal.. everytime i even see the replay i want to fight someone. i was just pleading at the tv... CALL IT BACK!! FOWARD PASS!!!.. to no avail.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Arod3619
                            • Oct 2004

worst bills moment

for me other than the obvious ones i would pick this year against jacksonville. because i had 3rd row seats right near that endzone and got to see it right up close and there were two jacksonville fans right behind me to top it off. plus after the game i had to drive back 6 hours to get home so i could go to work the next day. bad day.

Comment

Working...
                            X