PDA

View Full Version : Worst Bills Memories?

Crisis
12-10-2004, 06:09 PM
I'm kind of young, but one thing pops in my head.

It was home against Miami, and Jimbo was still QB. It was 14-7 Miami and we were driving at the end of the game. We were on the 10 I think. Well, T-Buck (I think) picks it off at the goal line and brings it back 99 yards for a TD. Miami wins 21-7.

I know the Superbowl memories (wide right in particular - and Music City Pass for playoffs) will come into mind, but I'm actually interested in which regular season game you cant get out of your head.

SoCalBillsFan
12-10-2004, 06:13 PM
I remember watching that game. Heartbreaking. Really the beginning of the end for Jim Kelly.

im4bflo
12-10-2004, 06:15 PM
Every Nationaly televised game that we were embarrassed. :doh:
the latest one, the Pats game. :fury:
:squish:

Billz_fan
12-10-2004, 06:21 PM
Here are a couple that haunt me.

1981 Divisional playoff vs Cincinnati. The Bills played a good game but were behind 28-21 and driving with no time outs left. Joe Furgesons shoe falls off and we lose the game as the clock runs out with the Bills at the cincy 20 yard line.

1989 Divisional playoff vs Cleveland. This is the infamous drop in the end zone by Ronnie Harmon as Kelly lays it right in Harmons outstretched hands for the win. I was already screaming YES YES YES ! when he dropped it. Harmon was traded to San Diego directly after that.

don137
12-10-2004, 06:32 PM
wide right
music city miracle
boyhood hero being a murderer

Mad Bomber
12-10-2004, 07:16 PM
This is painful...

Wide Right
Jimbo's INT against the Jags in his last game
Steve Tasker ejected in his last game
Wide Right
Wide Right
Wide Right

unpaid_bills
12-10-2004, 07:24 PM
#1 SB vs Giants, enough said
#2 Has to be the Titans playoff game to lose a playoff game like that, the start of Flutie v Johnson fued
#3 First 4 games this year.

:fury:

buffalofan19
12-10-2004, 07:28 PM
1998- Bills at Patriots. Buffalo is up 21-17. New England has one more shot at a win from the Buffalo 40-something yardline. Bledsoe, who was playing with a broken finger at the time, throws up a Hail Mary which falls incomplete. The officials decide they are going to throw a flag for pass interference on Kurt Schulz and give NE one more shot from the 1 yard line. Bledsoe hits Coates in the back of the endzone. Touchdown New England. The Bills decide not to go out against the extra point and Adam Vinateri scores the 2 pt. conversion 25-21. That game, along with the officials calling that Vinny Testaverde scored a TD (for the Jets) against Seattle, which was blatantly incorrect, ended up costing the Bills the AFC East title.

The next year, the NFL implemented instant replay, which still ended up screwing the Bills over.

Mad Bomber
12-10-2004, 07:46 PM
1998- Bills at Patriots. Buffalo is up 21-17. New England has one more shot at a win from the Buffalo 40-something yardline. Bledsoe, who was playing with a broken finger at the time, throws up a Hail Mary which falls incomplete. The officials decide they are going to throw a flag for pass interference on Kurt Schulz and give NE one more shot from the 1 yard line. Bledsoe hits Coates in the back of the endzone. Touchdown New England. The Bills decide not to go out against the extra point and Adam Vinateri scores the 2 pt. conversion 25-21. That game, along with the officials calling that Vinny Testaverde scored a TD (for the Jets) against Seattle, which was blatantly incorrect, ended up costing the Bills the AFC East title.

The next year, the NFL implemented instant replay, which still ended up screwing the Bills over.
The refs f***in' suck, and LOVE the patsies (see avatar).

PUCKER
12-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Wide Right. *SIGH*

Devin
12-10-2004, 10:09 PM
Minus wide-right and the Music City ****.

My worst is probably the blowout to dallas in the 3rd superbowl trip. Each touchdown Dallas made hurt so bad, I remember watching in futility I was probably 13-14 at the time. My eyes started to swell up and my only smile came when Reich came in and on his 2nd/3rd play tossed a 40 yard touchdown.

That game was tough because our boys just got destroyed the whole game.

Tatonka
12-10-2004, 10:24 PM
i am going to have nightmares tonight guys.. thanks.

by the way crisis.. i think the guy for miami that you are thinking of was there free safety.. i think his name was louis oliver or something close to that.. last name was oliver thought, i am sure of it.

Tatonka
12-10-2004, 10:31 PM
and my worst memory of all times ...

- wide right really hurt.. bad.. literally.. i broke my hand right after it happened because i hit the wall, my fist went through the drywall and into the brick on the outside of the home.. i was 16 and stupid..
- thurman fumbling for the SECOND time in the last superbowl against dallas that i was sure we were going to win at halftime up 13-6.. and then his mysterious stomach ache.. i lost all respect for thurman that day.. which hurt as much as the superbowl loss..
- seeing ken norton jump on jim kelly's knee in the other dallas superbowl.. i knew it was all over. that was crushing.

BUT THE MOST PAINFUL MOMENT IN BILLS HISTORY IS......... (DRUMROLL PLEASE)

THE MUSIC CITY MIRACLE

- i dont ever remember going from such an extreme high, to such a huge low in such a short time.. and even though i was a grown man when that happened... i responded like i was 12 again.. i pouted for like a week.. maybe longer.. it was just horrible.. i dont know that the scar will ever heal.. everytime i even see the replay i want to fight someone. i was just pleading at the tv... CALL IT BACK!! FOWARD PASS!!!.. to no avail.

Arod3619
12-10-2004, 10:32 PM
for me other than the obvious ones i would pick this year against jacksonville. because i had 3rd row seats right near that endzone and got to see it right up close and there were two jacksonville fans right behind me to top it off. plus after the game i had to drive back 6 hours to get home so i could go to work the next day. bad day.

buffalofan19
12-10-2004, 10:48 PM
Uh guys... the request was worst regular season memories.

I think the Super Bowls and Music City miracle are obvious ones.

NC-BILLS44
12-10-2004, 11:44 PM
Sorry, had to include them for effect.

Wide Right - I was in literally brought to my knees in tears after that one.

Forward Lateral - My mother called after Christie hit the go ahead FG. I told her the game wasn't over yet. As the play unfolded, my mother still on the line, I was screaming NO! NO! NO! NO!. I gotta go, click.

Kelly last game vs Jacksonville. I really felt bad for Jim that day.

Tasker's last game when he got ejected. What a wierd situation that a player with the utmost respect for the game would be ejected for accidentally touching a referee. That sucked!!!

The 0-4 start of this season. The close games that were lost or taken away by poor officiating (Oakland).

The playoff lose to Cleveland when Ronnie Harmon dropped the winning touchdown in the end zone.

OJ getting traded to San Francisco.

The Predator
12-11-2004, 01:05 AM
Hmm... Regular Season.

The 1991 33-6 Loss To The Chiefs On MNF Comes To Mind.

NapalmDeath
12-11-2004, 01:26 AM
BUT THE MOST PAINFUL MOMENT IN BILLS HISTORY IS......... (DRUMROLL PLEASE)

THE MUSIC CITY MIRACLE

- i dont ever remember going from such an extreme high, to such a huge low in such a short time.. and even though i was a grown man when that happened... i responded like i was 12 again.. i pouted for like a week.. maybe longer.. it was just horrible.. i dont know that the scar will ever heal.. everytime i even see the replay i want to fight someone. i was just pleading at the tv... CALL IT BACK!! FOWARD PASS!!!.. to no avail.

That is my worst by far. After I sat there in shock after the review, my phone rang, and since the majority of my friends are not Bills fans and like to give me ****, I assumed it was one of them. I answered the phone, and SCREAMED "DON"T EVEN ****IN START WITH ME *******! I AM NOT IN THE ****IN MOOD! THAT WAS A ****ING CROCK OF ****!!!!!!" Well, needless to say, it was my mother on the phone. So, not only did I feel like **** about the game but my mother was not impressed and still reminds me of this on occasion

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-11-2004, 05:49 AM
Next to the SB losses, the MM miracle, etc. my worst memory is the the Jets game when the Bills beat the Jets like 9-6. I know I have stated this story a few times so I will cut it short. I went to the game with a dumb ass who wore jeans and a sweatshirt to a game in late December. There was like freezing rain and the weather basically stunk. Anyway, he got really cold and wet (obviously) and he begged me to leave at halftime. Well, against my will, I left the game at halftime. The Bills went on to win the division for the first time in like 10 years, the crowd ran onto the field, and the rest is history. I got to listen to the game on the radio. My ex-friend got really sick, I don't know if it was from the cold and rain or from the football gods for leaving.
:cry:

Captain gameboy
12-11-2004, 06:22 AM
and my worst memory of all times ...

- wide right really hurt.. bad.. literally.. i broke my hand right after it happened because i hit the wall, my fist went through the drywall and into the brick on the outside of the home.. i was 16 and

I broke mine during SB XXVIII.
Nate Odoms picks Aikman late in the second quarter.
I jump out of my chair and scream GO as I pound a piece of wood trim on the chair. I knew I did some damage, but was too proud to admit it at the time.
Next day I got it X-rayed, and I had broken a bone.

illusionone
12-11-2004, 07:21 AM
Honestly the feeling I had when and how we lost the first game of the season.

Forward_Lateral
12-11-2004, 07:57 AM
The Music City Miracle haunts me every day of my life.

The_Philster
12-11-2004, 08:48 AM
i am going to have nightmares tonight guys.. thanks.

by the way crisis.. i think the guy for miami that you are thinking of was there free safety.. i think his name was louis oliver or something close to that.. last name was oliver thought, i am sure of it.
No...it was T-Buck...I remember that one :ill: The whole stadium seemed to be screaming for Collins to come in that day near the end

Music City Miracle was one of my most painful, along with that 98 game in Foxboro. Before the Hail Mary (the only one who was interfered with on that play was Thoams Smith) there was that pass from Drew to Sean Jefferson which Jefferson came down with out of bounds and short of the first down. Right in front of Reed and Early the official said "just give it to them." :mad:

Tatonka
12-11-2004, 09:20 AM
oh god.. i remember that phil.. that was aweful.

The King
12-11-2004, 09:46 AM
The Foxboro game ranks up there.... I think being there made it worse though

mybills
12-11-2004, 02:39 PM
About 32 years ago when every team we played against forced us to fumble & fumble & fumble & fumble..I don't remember who the RB was, but it seemed to happen to any Bill who had the ball..I was only 10..but the laughter that came out of my (greenbay fan-grandfather) was brutal, it didn't matter to him which team was doing it, he hated the Bills..I cried. I wanted them to win so bad. Talk about childhood trauma! LOL!

mybills
12-11-2004, 02:41 PM
Every Nationaly televised game that we were embarrassed. :doh:
the latest one, the Pats game. :fury:
:squish:
That game pissed me off more the the wide right. I was in a bar full of laughing NE Vinateri fans. :madcloud:

Jayhawk
12-11-2004, 02:44 PM
why do you want to mess with us? Bring back the bad times.

ok my bad memories.

1) ROB Johnson - Todd (Phil) Collins - why? Never understood those two.
2) The superbowls
3) the 0-4 start this year
4) Kansas CIty game two years ago. I lived there at the time, and the Bills just had to screw that game up

imbondz
12-11-2004, 07:23 PM
THE MUSIC CITY MIRACLE

I was there :wail:

Bling
12-11-2004, 08:37 PM
I was there :wail:

Real men don't cry.

Bills 4 life
12-11-2004, 09:38 PM
I'M NOT SURE WHICH GAME THIS IS..SOMEONE HELP ME OUT HERE.

LONG BOMB..KEN IRVIN IN THE ENDZONE...WATCHES THE BALL....DOES NOTHING..

COULD IT BE A MONDAY NIGHT AGAINST NE...PASS INTERFERENCE...THEN BEN COATES FROM BLEDSOE IN THE BACK OF THE END ZONE..GOOD NITE.

ANYBODY?

DaBills
12-11-2004, 09:58 PM
Regular season embaressment hands down:

Monday night game in Indy against the Colts. Wade beforehand saying both teams basically out of the playoff race. RJ going on to one of the worst performances I have seen by a Bills' QB, (including Fergy and Billy Joe "I forgot to read the playbook).

A close second was Dreadsoe against NE in the Sunday night game this year. Now THAT was a total team pooch screw.

:winkpunch

Billz_fan
12-11-2004, 10:07 PM
Regular season embaressment hands down:

Monday night game in Indy against the Colts. Wade beforehand saying both teams basically out of the playoff race. RJ going on to one of the worst performances I have seen by a Bills' QB, (including Fergy and Billy Joe "I forgot to read the playbook).

A close second was Dreadsoe against NE in the Sunday night game this year. Now THAT was a total team pooch screw.

:winkpunch

Ferguson was not that bad. I spent many a game in the stands when he was QB. The guy is on the "Wall of Fame" for christ sake.

He was a mediocre talent who played on a much higher level than he should have. He does not deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Billy Joe.

Joe Ferguson
QB / Arkansas
Played in Buffalo from 1973-84…was the Bills first of two 3rd round selections in the 1973 draft…led the Bills in passing for 12 straight seasons (73-84)…set virtually every team passing record during the 1970s and early 80s…his performance at Miami on 10/9/83 established the Bills single-game record in attempts (55), completions (38) and yards (419)…he also threw for five touchdowns in that game which is the second best outing in club history…he ranks second in club history in career attempts (4,166), completions (2,188), yards (27,590) and touchdowns (181)…winner of the Ralph C. Wilson Distinguished Service Award in 1991…is currently involved in the real estate business in Arkansas.

Im not saying Joe didn't have some bad games but he is no where to be found in Billy Joe's leauge :D He gave me some good memories and a few bad ones but we always had a chance to win. He also ended the 10 year win streak by the fins in 1980. I had my hands on the goal post as it passed through the stands that day :up:

JD
12-12-2004, 12:24 AM
Im fairly young too.....one that sticks out in my mind occured about 3 years ago, first game of the season against the jets I believe....and we had the lead....there was about 7 seconds left in the 4th quarter and the jets returned the kickoff to take the lead, winning the game.
:cry:

fushetti
12-12-2004, 10:40 AM
My worst regular season memory, that comes to mind anyway, was in 1998 when the Jets beat us at Rich Stadium late in the season to win the AFC East. I've been to about 100 games, but that one I was particularly crushed after since the division was on the line. ***** Belichick and his defense

TheBrownBear
12-12-2004, 12:04 PM
1994: 2nd to last game of the season. We lost 41-17 at home to the Pats. We still had an outside shot to make the playoffs. We were leading at halftime behind Frank Reich but then Bledslow and the Pats blew us out of the building in the second half. It was so depressing watching the Super Bowl era end in such a fashion. TheBrownBear remembers thinking, "we won't be back to the Super Bowl for a long time." :(

fushetti
12-12-2004, 03:28 PM
1994: 2nd to last game of the season. We lost 41-17 at home to the Pats. We still had an outside shot to make the playoffs. We were leading at halftime behind Frank Reich but then Bledslow and the Pats blew us out of the building in the second half. It was so depressing watching the Super Bowl era end in such a fashion. TheBrownBear remembers thinking, "we won't be back to the Super Bowl for a long time." :(

I was at that game too. Bledsoe and the Pats destroyed us. Horrible..