PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's reporting that Troy Vincent will play!

NC-BILLS44
12-10-2004, 11:09 PM
They say he will play as the 3rd corner. I hope he can make some plays.

dannyek71
12-11-2004, 09:31 AM
Id almost rather see TV not come back. We are winning without him. Bringing him back will only take time away from the development of Rashad Baker or TM. Even if he plays nickel thats still time away from Kevin Thomas.

I think TV is a classy veteran, who still has something left in his tank. But I'd rather see the money we spend on him spent elsewhere. Its needed at places like the OL much more.

IDK what the cap hit would be, but if its reasonable, cut him in the offseason and spend the money youd save on the OL or fat williams

ShadowHawk7
12-11-2004, 11:12 AM
No way we cut him before we have a chance to see if TV can preform for us. KT, TG, and RB will learn from him, as will all of the young secondary. If they're going to develop TV will help, not hinder them. And if TV preforms, it's better than having a young developer playing there instead.

Mahdi
12-11-2004, 02:17 PM
When TV is healthy and ready to play he will be our best cover corner, and it will be a huge bonus when we play teams like cincinnati ( with warrick and Johnson) and pitts with Burress, ward and randel el. Then we will also have a #3 CB in Mcgee who will have a lot of starting experience under his belt. McGee can continue to develop as the #3.

dannyek71
12-11-2004, 04:04 PM
btw, nice sig shaow....cracks me up whenever i see it:funny:

ShadowHawk7
12-11-2004, 06:17 PM
btw, nice sig shaow....cracks me up whenever i see it:funny:

:up: Thankx! TV will only improve our D, and if for some strange reason he doesn't Gray shouldn't be hesitant to put McGee in.

Crisis
12-12-2004, 03:32 PM
Id almost rather see TV not come back. We are winning without him. Bringing him back will only take time away from the development of Rashad Baker or TM. Even if he plays nickel thats still time away from Kevin Thomas.

I think TV is a classy veteran, who still has something left in his tank. But I'd rather see the money we spend on him spent elsewhere. Its needed at places like the OL much more.

IDK what the cap hit would be, but if its reasonable, cut him in the offseason and spend the money youd save on the OL or fat williams

I think he played pretty good today.

Iehoshua
12-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Bills Daily says he played FS, in case anyone wasn't sure (I know I wasn't).

BAM
12-12-2004, 04:44 PM
Good comeback game today, TV. :up:

madness
12-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Good comeback game today, TV. :up:

I didn't see the game, but it sounded like it. I seen his press conference and was really impressed how he handles himself. It's hard to imagine, but once he's up to speed at FS, I think our defense will be even better!

Forward_Lateral
12-12-2004, 07:00 PM
Bills Daily says he played FS, in case anyone wasn't sure (I know I wasn't).

I wasn't 100 percent sure either, regardless of where he played, man did he have a game or what? INT, fumble recovery, sack. Nice comeback.

Sidenote: Does anyone else think that the reason he took so long coming back was that he was making the transition to FS in practice?

Mahdi
12-12-2004, 07:02 PM
I wasn't 100 percent sure either, regardless of where he played, man did he have a game or what? INT, fumble recovery, sack. Nice comeback.

Sidenote: Does anyone else think that the reason he took so long coming back was that he was making the transition to FS in practice?
Ya i was thinking the same thing cause he seemed awefully comfortable at FS if that is what he was playing.

Forward_Lateral
12-12-2004, 07:04 PM
Ya i was thinking the same thing cause he seemed awefully comfortable at FS if that is what he was playing.

Did he ever. Our pass D got twice as good when he came back, IMO. I can't wait to see what our D will do against a real challenge next week.

Mahdi
12-12-2004, 07:06 PM
Did he ever. Our pass D got twice as good when he came back, IMO. I can't wait to see what our D will do against a real challenge next week.
Cincinnati put up 478 total yards on the pats. It should be a very good challenge.

Demon
12-12-2004, 07:28 PM

He definetly was the best player on the defense. He is a true vet, he read McCown amazingly on the INT. He was everywhere he needed to be, i had doubts about Vincent, but this guy has massive skills. I can't wait to see him and the rest of the Def. Backs go against the Bungles.

John Doe
12-12-2004, 07:41 PM
Its pretty amazing at this point in the season that all of our starters on defense are completely healthy.

NC-BILLS44
12-13-2004, 11:30 AM
Its pretty amazing at this point in the season that all of our starters on defense are completely healthy.

:clap:

Armpalm Ali Musch
12-13-2004, 11:32 AM
... and play well! What a great game by Vincent yesterday and the defense as a whole. What a whooping of Cleveland.

NC-BILLS44
12-13-2004, 11:32 AM
They say he will play as the 3rd corner. I hope he can make some plays.

And he DID!!!!!