PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Price, Free Agent or Draftee

User Manuel
12-11-2004, 02:52 PM
Listening to WGR I heard an interesting thought put forth. Instead of paying through the roof for the oft-injured Jonas J., the caller, I missed his name, suggested we spend the big money on Orlando Pace, whom he was undewr the belief would be totally unrestricted next year.

Assuming this is true, whom would you rather have Jonas or Pace.

Pace's attitude is often questioned, but he seems to always come to play when it matters.

I like price, but wonder about durability as he seems to be always banged up. I actually think M. Williams will actually turn out to be a good LT, but who knows.

Are their any reasonable shots at quality Tackles in the draft this year.

If I had to choose, I would keep Moulds, let Jennings go and go with Williams at LT and Price at RT unless a quality, underrated tackle falls into our lap.

Thoughts?

Armpalm Ali Musch
12-11-2004, 03:29 PM
It would be a great and very possible move for Donahoe to make to try and get Pace in here for a short term contract. I wouldn't want him more than 3 years.

Liverpoolkev
12-11-2004, 05:51 PM
Not only is Orlando Pace a unrestricted Free agent but Walter Jones from Seattle who also have their QB Hasselback and Rb Alexander unresticted.I personally would go after Walter Jones but Orlando Pace is just as dominating

G. Host
12-11-2004, 06:36 PM
I like price, but wonder about durability as he seems to be always banged up. I actually think M. Williams will actually turn out to be a good LT, but who knows.

Are their any reasonable shots at quality Tackles in the draft this year.

If I had to choose, I would keep Moulds, let Jennings go and go with Williams at LT and Price at RT unless a quality, underrated tackle falls into our lap.

Thoughts?

I do not know if you intended to say Jennings' durability is in questable since he is always banged up. I am not a draft watcher but I would be comfortable with letting Jennings go (no tagging him would do no good but he is not good enough to warrent a pick although they could tag him as insurance and then release him after draft.

Drive 4 Five
12-11-2004, 07:00 PM
Orlando Pace is notorious for hold outs and would command a tremendous amount of money. The Bills have always placed an emphasis on considering character as well as talent, and I do not believe a player like that would fit here. Besides, I have always liked the philosphy that the best free agents you can sign are your own. Marcus Price has shown that he is capable, having filled in at both tackle spots in emergency situation, but he may be considered a valuable "reserve" at best. Jennings is a "good" player, but the Bills should not and likely will not break the bank to keep him.

casdhf
12-11-2004, 08:15 PM
Isn't Tra' Thomas of the Eagles a free agent?

Drive 4 Five
12-11-2004, 11:51 PM
Isn't Tra' Thomas of the Eagles a free agent?

Not sure actually. He is a probowl caliber player, no? What do we know about Thomas? Keep in mind too that Tom Modrak was the one responsible for drafting him...

I saw an interview somewheres where Jennings talked excitedly about the prospect of playing for Atlanta. Isn't that his hometown? Also regarding Jennings, would we recieve any compensation? No becuase he is an unrestricted free agent right?

Tatonka
12-12-2004, 12:09 AM
pace will be tagged again.. they can continue to use the tag on him.. jones has been tagged the last 2 years in a row too..

i dont think pace is a real possibility because he wanted the largest contract ever by an olineman last year.. something to the tune of 70 million.. obviously the rams couldnt accomodate him.. and he signed the one year deal.

TigerJ
12-12-2004, 12:35 PM
The answer to that question is tied up in cap issues. If Buffalo can and does sign a free agenht, the presumption would be that the free agent is going to start. If Buffalo drafts LT, it won't be until after the first round. In that case, the odds are good Price would begin the season as a starter.