PDA

View Full Version : LB's DT's DE's what does buffalo need more?

BADTHINGSMAN
11-19-2002, 10:16 PM
2003 FREE AGENTS

DEFENSIVE TACKLE
Eagles=Hollis thomas,corey simon
49ers= Bryant Young
Redskins=Dan Wilkinson
Pakers=Gilbert Brown, Cletious Hunt
Phins=David Bowens, Al Wallace
Titans= Robaire Smith
Jags=Larry Smith, Tim Morabito
Falccons=Ron Moore
Jets=Larry Webster
Browns=Marcus Spriggs
Cardinals=Barron Tanner,Russel Davis
Chargers=Leonardo Carson
Colts= Josh Williams
Cowboys=Brandon Noble,Micheal Myers

DEFENSIVE ENDS

Pats=Willie Mcginest
Titans=Jevon Kearse
Packers=Vonnie Holiday,Kabber Gbaja-Biamila
Steelers=Aaron Smith
Browns=Arnold Miller
Cardinals=Fred Wakefield
Chargers=Adrian Dingle
Chiefs=Rich Owens
Colts=Brad Sciolli
Jags= Stalin Colinett
Broncos=Ber Berry

LINEBACKERS

Eagles=Shawn Barber
Panthers=Mark Field
Jags=T.J.Slaughter,Wali Rainer
Raiders=Gerald Dixon
Giants=Brandon Short
Packers=Nail Diggs, Robert Jones
Browns=Jamir Miller
Bucs=Chris Jones,Alshermond Singleton
Cardinals= Levar Woods, Rob Fredrickson
Jets=James Darling
Chiefs=Mike Maslowski,Larry Atkins
Saints=Brian COx,Charlie Clemons
49ers=Jeff Ulbrich
Bears=Rosevelt Colvin
Bengals=Takeo SPikes,Brian Simmons
Colts=Mike Peterson

Typ0
11-19-2002, 10:19 PM
We need all 3 equally as much.

venis2k1
11-19-2002, 10:23 PM
Nasty DT, at least one Nasty safty, decent DE incase Jones dosen't heal properly, Takeo Spikes

venis2k1
11-19-2002, 10:24 PM
nice post BTW, welcome to the zone i dont think i have had a chance to say hi, you should post here more often :)

TacklingDummy
11-19-2002, 10:25 PM
Are they all unrestricted Free Agents?

colin
11-19-2002, 10:28 PM
Although the best impact player is the one we should go after, if all are even we need DE the most.

venis2k1
11-19-2002, 10:30 PM
at DT i would kill for Corey Simon but its not gonna happen, Bryant Young would be a great pick up if the 49ers are willing to part with him,

Typ0
11-19-2002, 10:31 PM
I thought Tenn extended Kearses contract at the beginning of the season.

venis2k1
11-19-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by colin
Although the best impact player is the one we should go after, if all are even we need DE the most.

I disagree a big old DT will make the LBers play ALOT better, when cowart was nasty he had MT. Washington in front of him, when urlacher was nasty(he is still great, but looked alot better last year) he had Mt. Washington in front of him. We need a stud DT, to eat up the O-linemen and give the LBers a chance to make plays.

lordofgun
11-19-2002, 11:13 PM
There's some nice DEs available. I also wouldn't mind Jamir Miller if he's recovered...maybe he'll come cheaper than he would have.

TigerJ
11-19-2002, 11:30 PM
David Bowens of Miami is a DE. In fact he was a Buffalo Bill for a while until he got cut. Tim Bowens is the DT. Holliday has played mostly DE for the Packers, I think but I think he came out of college as a swing guy DT/DE. He'd be a great pickup if we could afford him. I'd like Aaron Smith too, who has a good speed/size combo. Spikes would be great too, but I'm thinking the Bills might look for a LB in the draft. I think there might be a good one where Buffalo drafts in round two. I'm looking at Joe Odom or Chaun Thompson, both of whom have decent size and excellent speed, can rush the QB as well as drop back in coverage.

Ingtar33
11-20-2002, 10:28 AM
There is one guy you don't mention... J. Trotter (MLB) of Washington will be a cap casualty next year (he has something insane like an 8 or 9 mil base salary cap number and the Redskins are over way over the cap next year). Furthermore he has played SLB, DE and WLB in both collage and pros.

BTW: Colvin (LB) would be the best pickup on that list

timfromjersey
11-20-2002, 11:07 AM
The Bills should go balls out to get Dan Wilkinson, a defensive tackle that gives you everything we need. Defensive philosophy should always start with defense against the run, something the Bills have not been the most adept at, though they are showing improvement. Wilkinson is a hoss and a half and has a decent first step to cover lateral gaps and is strong enough to take on double teams and MOST IMPORTANTLY can collapse the pocket(which will improve the pass rush of the ends.)

Fundamentals fellas! Most games are still won or lost at the trenches.

Defensive tackle first Priority.

Impact DE next. Get the line settled first!

Then worry about backfield players.

ublinkwescore
11-20-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by venis2k1
at DT i would kill for Corey Simon but its not gonna happen, Bryant Young would be a great pick up if the 49ers are willing to part with him,

Those were my sentiments exactly as far as DT goes - and in that order too - we only need one because we've already got Pat Williams.

There's still a problem, and that problem is WHERE THE HE!! DID OUR OFFENSE GO?

ublinkwescore
11-20-2002, 11:22 AM
Not one of our talented recievers got 100 yards recieving - not that I have a problem with that because Travis Henry was eating the Chiefs alive. I think calling a pass against the chiefs on our last offensive play (drive for that matter was very stupid) we should have just kept forcing Henry down their throats all game.

MissBuffalo
11-20-2002, 12:17 PM
I'm thinking DT right now. Since we just signed Jones (I know he's played all over, but his specialty is at end) we could use the help in the middle. I agree venis on Young, he would be a great addition.
Since we signed this Favors guy, who's in favor of going back to the 3-4?????

Earthquake Enyart
11-20-2002, 12:47 PM
Not me. I want Fletcher and Robinson off the field.

I second the Colvin nomination. Not much in the way of DL help other than those mentioned.

ublinkwescore
11-20-2002, 01:11 PM
Fletcher hasn't been that bad. If we had another big DT to compliment Pat Williams, his play would probably improve dramatically.

I'm not too sure about Robinson though - I'd rather have Takeo Spikes and Chris Simmons with Corey Simon next to Big Pat, and then if we could get our hands on a John Lynch (anyone know if he's available after this season - Shelby?)

ublinkwescore
11-20-2002, 01:17 PM
I'd rather see the three four - which is kind of a bend don't break scheme, but more suited to our personell then the cover 2.

when we were running the 3-4, we weren't getting a whole lot of sacks, but we weren't giving up points left and right, and we certainly weren't giving up big plays all the time. It's quite sad that this team went from having the best Defense in the league 3 years ago to this monstrosity.

Gregg Williams must change our scheme, and bring in someone like M. Lewis to head the Defense. I hope that when we field a better Defense, our offense comes back (hopefully this is just the offense tiring from carrying the team, and will be rejuvinated next year when we should hopefully have a better D).

This season is all but lost for us - there is little hope for us now.