PDA

View Full Version : Shaud Williams

Crisis
12-12-2004, 03:35 PM
Who is he? I wasn't even aware he was on the roster.

When did we pick him up?

He played pretty well, could turn into a good 3rd down back.

TheBrownBear
12-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Who is he? I wasn't even aware he was on the roster.

When did we pick him up?

He played pretty well, could turn into a good 3rd down back.
Undersized runner from Alabama. He had a great preseason. I think he could be a good change of pace back with McGahee. He should stick.

Crisis
12-12-2004, 03:38 PM
Undersized runner from Alabama. He had a great preseason. I think he could be a good change of pace back with McGahee. He should stick.

Reminds me of a stronger Travis Minor. Good speed, but unlike Minor can break tackles, and run up the middle. I was suprised by his strength, he got some pretty good YAC.

G. Host
12-12-2004, 06:17 PM
He seems to a perfect player for Mike Mularchy to use on gadget plays. I think he has even thrown the ball before. Option pass to the midget ;)

BAM
12-12-2004, 06:31 PM
That dude was quick! I was impressed with what I saw of him.

dannyek71
12-12-2004, 07:01 PM
I dont think he will ever amount to much

madness
12-12-2004, 07:06 PM
I dont think he will ever amount to much

I agree with Crisis, might develope into a nice 3rd down back.

Demon
12-12-2004, 07:42 PM
That dude was quick! I was impressed with what I saw of him.

Yeah i was impressed also. He tore the Browns defense apart. Definetly a good game. I hope he sticks also!

dannyek71
12-12-2004, 07:52 PM
I sure hope he can develop into a nice back. However, I dont like to judge a RB on essentially crap time against a crap team. Lets see Shaud do this type of stuff against a 1st team, top notch D and Ill be talking about him being a decent contributor to this team.

However, Id love to see that happen:)

mybills
12-12-2004, 08:22 PM
He's is the third Williams (evil 3) that is awesome...unlike (Greg Williams)...:evil:

helmetguy
12-12-2004, 08:38 PM
He showed some flashes in the preseason. Played his way onto the roster.

mybills
12-12-2004, 08:52 PM
see that ?
3 W's are better than GW. :evil:

elltrain22
12-12-2004, 08:55 PM
Very legitimate backup. Joe Burns is not all that exciting, and Shaud Williams is elusive, w/ a knack for finding holes. His patience waiting for his blocks to setup was terrific, and his ability to run after being hit was great. Most of all, he is tough for defenders to wrap up b/c the dude is only 5'7". Very impressed w/ his performance.

Bills 4 life
12-12-2004, 09:50 PM
MAYBE WE CAN RETURN TO THE DAYS OF THURMAN AND KENNETH DAVIS? GREAT COMBO!

ShadowHawk7
12-12-2004, 10:35 PM
MAYBE WE CAN RETURN TO THE DAYS OF THURMAN AND KENNETH DAVIS? GREAT COMBO!
Don't get ahead of yourself. Shaud did nothing but the best w/ the opportunity given to him, but I want to see him play against a D that hasn't given up yet, and that isn't pretty bad anyway. Great start tho.

unpaid_bills
12-12-2004, 11:16 PM
Shaud had a nice game. Nice to see a guy who the so called "experts" say has no business being in the league do well. I think he could be a nice change of pace and used on the MM's gadget plays.

What happened to Joe Burns?

Quite a difference from when we couldnt buy a win we are talking about how nice the backups look in garbage time with a 30pt lead.

I know we are all Bills homers, but they are far and way the Best team in the NFL over the past month. Scary looking team and quite an impressive turnaround.

Call me crazy but in all facets of the game - this 4 game stretch rivals the teams of the 90's hopefully we can have the same playoff success.

:pray: Go Bills

Tatonka
12-12-2004, 11:23 PM
draftboy will confirm..

this kid was a full time runner at alabama, and damn he was good.. if he was 5'11" and 20 pound heavier, he would have been a day one draft pick, but because of his size, and size alone, he was not considered draftable.

i liked watching the kid alot at alabama.. and i am glad he is on the team.. he is a scrapper with some speed and power.. he plays much bigger than his size.. much like travis henry.

Dozerdog
12-12-2004, 11:27 PM
He led the SEC in rushing last year.

Just goes to show how deep this draft was, when 5 undrafted players make the roster and play some snaps.

Baker, Greer, and Constantzine from Tennessee, Shaud Williams from Alabama, and Jason Peters from Arkansas. Oddly, all from the SEC......

cordog
12-12-2004, 11:28 PM
draftboy will confirm..

this kid was a full time runner at alabama, and damn he was good.. if he was 5'11" and 20 pound heavier, he would have been a day one draft pick, but because of his size, and size alone, he was not considered draftable.

I heard a great quote from London Fletcher about size after the game. He said "holes dont open vertically".