PDA

View Full Version : Palmer Injured

Crisis
12-12-2004, 03:53 PM
Some Bengal fans are saying it might be pretty serious.

Looks like we'll be facing Kitna next week.

TheBrownBear
12-12-2004, 03:54 PM

I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing. I think those two guys are about equal.

Canadian'eh!
12-12-2004, 03:55 PM

damn... i would rather have faced palmer.

what is the injury?

Crisis
12-12-2004, 03:55 PM
damn... i would rather have faced palmer.

what is the injury?

Early indications are a sprained knee.

Drive 4 Five
12-12-2004, 03:56 PM

Who would you guys rather face? Palmer or Kitna? Got damn Patriots. I really wanted those sons a*****es to lose. My god how I despise them...

BAM
12-12-2004, 03:56 PM
That's cool. Palmer looked pretty good lately.

Crisis
12-12-2004, 03:57 PM
I'd rather face Kitna. He has a history of fumbling, and our blitzes should get to him.

Carson has been on fire as of late, and has been lighting it up.

FTG
12-12-2004, 03:57 PM
I'm not so sure this is a good thing either.

BAM
12-12-2004, 03:58 PM

:up:

I'll take a game vs. Kitna over Palmer any day.

Canadian'eh!
12-12-2004, 03:58 PM
I'd rather face Kitna. He has a history of fumbling, and our blitzes should get to him.

See i think we would ahve been more effective blitzing Palmer. Usually the less experienced guy is more prone to not being able to read/handle the blitz. Ask McClown.

Iehoshua
12-12-2004, 04:00 PM
Kitna has been riding the pine all season. For him to make his 1st start against our D isn't bad from my perspective. Not saying I'm jumping for joy or anything...

casdhf
12-12-2004, 04:01 PM
Palmer is in the swing of things and Kitna would have to be rusty. Plus, we beat Kitna last season.

Drive 4 Five
12-12-2004, 04:02 PM
I agree that Palmer is the better quarterback. He can really hurt you with that powerful arm. Kitna *****na. We'll own those tiglets next week.

Crisis
12-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Kitna was 9/13 for 126 yards with 1 TD and an INT against the Pats.

Palmer was 18/24 for 202 yards with 2 TDs and an INT (returned for TD) against the Pats.

Palmer also led the Bengals to a 4th quarter comeback against the Ravens D.

Sorry guys, this might be a blessing in disguise.

Of course, I could be totally wrong and Kitna torches us for 300+ yards and 3 TDs.

Drive 4 Five
12-12-2004, 04:03 PM
See things always have a way of working out and I did not even have to stoop so low as to cheer for the Patriots. THAT feels good. Bam you wouldn't know... :loser: J/K bro :peace:

ajsdx
12-12-2004, 04:05 PM
I think it's good only from the standpoint that not even the Bengals know who's going to be starting, and even that little bit of confusion might make a difference in their game planning. It'll disrupt their consistency. Kitna can start, and he'll be rusty. Palmer can start, and he'll be hurt.

SoCalBillsFan
12-12-2004, 04:31 PM
granted I am biased...but carson had been playing pretty well, and he's good for a few good deep balls a game. Ill gladly face kitna.

G. Host
12-12-2004, 05:55 PM

I am not sure that is a good thing. The Bills defense rattles rookie and less experienced QBs but more experienced Qbs burn our DBs and safeties.

Demon
12-12-2004, 07:26 PM
Who cares? Against our defense, both guys would have problems. This team is playing amazing. Everyone... Spikes, Adams....... wow i can't say enough with this defense. This unit has played so well i am so proud of them, i honestly would feel comfy going against any teams offense right about now. Even the Colts.

CAbills
12-12-2004, 07:33 PM
i honestly would feel comfy going against any teams offense right about now. Even the Colts.

Lets not get crazy :dance:

buffalofan19
12-12-2004, 07:44 PM
To me it does not matter. That entire TEAM has been playing extremely well. And Jon Kitna is definitely good enough to pick up the slack especially for the first game. The Bills just have to stick with and execute their usual gameplan and they will beat the Bengals Kitna or Palmer.

Bills 4 life
12-12-2004, 09:56 PM
Who would you guys rather face? Palmer or Kitna? Got damn Patriots. I really wanted those sons a*****es to lose. My god how I despise them...
UHHH...NE WINNING IS GOOD FOR THE BILLS

ShadowHawk7
12-12-2004, 10:37 PM
I hope Palmer recovers a bit, is a game time decision, and starts, so we can blast him.

Mr. Cynical
12-12-2004, 10:57 PM
That's cool. Palmer looked pretty good lately.Agreed. He was getting hot so this is good news if true.

Dozerdog
12-13-2004, 12:38 AM
Palmer has more talent but less experience dealing with this defense.

Kitna has played this defense the past 2 seasons so might be more prepared for it.

In the end, it's a wash.

Mr. Cynical
12-13-2004, 01:47 AM
Kitna never put up the points that quickly like Palmer did. We have a better shot if Kitna starts imo.

colin
12-13-2004, 02:15 AM
no matter,

we will crush them

britbillsfan
12-13-2004, 03:15 AM
I am not sure that is a good thing. The Bills defense rattles rookie and less experienced QBs but more experienced Qbs burn our DBs and safeties.
With an experienced Vincent in at FS I think our DBs are much improved (Baker was okay, but was picked on (not as much as others there, but still picked on)). Vincent could prove to be the difference maker on the D from being V V good to being great.

TigerJ
12-13-2004, 07:14 AM
The quality of the Bengals offensive line will have a lot more to do with their success versus the Bills than which QB is starting.

TigerJ
12-13-2004, 07:21 AM
UHHH...NE WINNING IS GOOD FOR THE BILLS

Uhhhh . . . since the Bills had to beat Cincinnati anyway I don't think it made that much difference. Maybe, knowing they are out of the playoffs will cause Cincinnati to be a little less intense next Sunday, but they could also be looser. In any case, if Buffalo runs the table like they must to gain a wild card spot, then they would beat Cincinnati and that would be that. At the same time, a case can be made that had Cincinnati beat NE it would help set up Buffalos final game versus Pittsburgh. If Pittsburgh can keep winning they would not have needed a win in week 17 versus Buffalo to guarantee themselves home field throughout and would rest starters in that game.