PDA

View Full Version : Troy Factor

juice
12-12-2004, 08:42 PM
An Int. and a Sack, not a bad return.

What spot was he playing today and how much time did he get? He looked to be moving pretty well, I hope his presence will sure up our deep coverage.

Chad Johnson could have a big game if we don't play solid in the Secondary next week.. I assume Troy will be playing FS.

Bling
12-12-2004, 08:43 PM
McGee is much better.

helmetguy
12-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Vincent played FS today.

juice
12-12-2004, 08:47 PM
You cant deny Vincent was effective and constantly around the ball.
www.usatoday.com/sports/football/games/2004-12-12-bills-browns_x.htm (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/games/2004-12-12-bills-browns_x.htm)

Crisis
12-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Fletcher impressed me today too. He was in on alot of tackles, and helped clogged the wholes.

elltrain22
12-12-2004, 08:49 PM
He really impressed me, given the fact he hasn't played since week 4. He should play FS next week, which really could be quite a bold look for our dee. Juice you hit the nail right on the head w/ respect for Chad Johnson. He is the fastest WR in the NFL, and our secondary really needs to practice well this week to prepare for facing him.

juice
12-12-2004, 09:11 PM
He really impressed me, given the fact he hasn't played since week 4. He should play FS next week, which really could be quite a bold look for our dee. Juice you hit the nail right on the head w/ respect for Chad Johnson. He is the fastest WR in the NFL, and our secondary really needs to practice well this week to prepare for facing him.Good post Ell, with respect to Preparing for next week.. I hope Vincent has been doing extensive film work during his time off.

He had time to do plenty of Mental Reps.

Drive 4 Five
12-12-2004, 09:41 PM
You know Troy has lived in the film room these past months. That is what a professional does and there is no better way to describe this guy. I noticed that Rashad Baker was on the field quite often so I belive that Vincent played at both free safety and nickel corner depending on the situation. In regards to Chad Johnson, I believe that Terence McGee is the best guy to match up with him. I always hear how McGee is such a tremendous athlete with great speed, and as his instincts develop further, he will be a force to be reckoned with.

colin
12-12-2004, 09:51 PM
The FS is now a big time play making position in the NFL. We have Milloy as a 4th Linebacker, and Troy as a third Corner, but they both have to move to the traditional safety roles for some plays.

With an SS who can hit and blitz, a FS who is also a pro bowl corner, and the fact that neither of them are liablities in other roles, we are the strongest NFL D up the middle.

Drive 4 Five
12-12-2004, 09:58 PM
The FS is now a big time play making position in the NFL. We have Milloy as a 4th Linebacker, and Troy as a third Corner, but they both have to move to the traditional safety roles for some plays.

With an SS who can hit and blitz, a FS who is also a pro bowl corner, and the fact that neither of them are liablities in other roles, we are the strongest NFL D up the middle.

:rocker: :gobills:

juice
12-13-2004, 12:21 AM
You know Troy has lived in the film room these past months. That is what a professional does and there is no better way to describe this guy. I noticed that Rashad Baker was on the field quite often so I belive that Vincent played at both free safety and nickel corner depending on the situation. In regards to Chad Johnson, I believe that Terence McGee is the best guy to match up with him. I always hear how McGee is such a tremendous athlete with great speed, and as his instincts develop further, he will be a force to be reckoned with.Baker will not see anymore play at FS.. Maybe nickle defense if he can beat out Kevin Thomas.

We have gone from having a very young D-Backfield to having alot of depth at DB. One thing about early season injuries, your young guys get to gain experience under fire.

Tatonka
12-13-2004, 07:56 AM
baker still played plenty in the game.. and i hope they dont phase him out..

but vincent played great yesterday.. just great..

the int, the sack.. and your forgetting the forced fumble..

Ebenezer
12-13-2004, 08:02 AM
baker still played plenty in the game.. and i hope they dont phase him out..

but vincent played great yesterday.. just great..

the int, the sack.. and your forgetting the forced fumble..
Baker played in dime...it was interesting...with Vincent now a safety the Bills actually had 4 safties on the field at times during the dime defense...(Milloy, Vincent, Baker and Prioleau)...

juice
12-13-2004, 03:56 PM
Baker played in dime...it was interesting...with Vincent now a safety the Bills actually had 4 safties on the field at times during the dime defense...(Milloy, Vincent, Baker and Prioleau)...You could ru that same package in Nickle Defense with Coy Wire replacing Baker, It would be tough to run or pass against.

FTG
12-13-2004, 04:09 PM
Vincent had a nice game but he's no Izzell Reese

juice
12-13-2004, 04:55 PM
Vincent had a nice game but he's no Izzell ReeseOr Coy Wire.