X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Anyone still want TD gone next year?

He's looking like a genius more than ever.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Crisis
    No, I want him to address the line issues in the off-season like he said he would do, last year.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Crisis
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by juice
      No, I want him to address the line issues in the off-season like he said he would do, last year.
      Lines been playing fine lately, even with injuries.

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

Lines been playing fine lately, even with injuries.
        JJ will be an off-season issue as well as L. Smith.. and I think Mike Williams should stay in Buffalo year round.. maybe even move in with Rusty Jones.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• G. Host
          Banned
          • Jul 2002

He did. He brought in the absolutely best OL coach available in business to evaluate and coach OL players we had. With the OL, drafting OL players (taking away from other positions) does not always pan out but better game plans and coaching almost always pans out. Forget dreams of a PACE free agent. A number of teams have OLs composed of late round picks and UDFAs and they are playing well.

Mike Williams has finally started perforning like the Bills expected when they drafted him but he had poor previous coaching and unfortunately personal issues.

Let the staff evaluate the players we have, especially the players who are still under commitment before they tried throwing more money and draft picks at problem.
          Last edited by G. Host; 12-12-2004, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Iehoshua
            • Jan 2003

Did he make a great move drafting McGahee, along with other picks? Absolutely.

Genius? Hardly. He'll be a genius in my book when he builds a team that wins the Superbowl. People are so quick to annoint everyone all of a sudden. Remember who we've been playing, not taking anything away from the Ws but put it in perspective. The Browns have given up 1000 yards rushing over the last 5 games on defense....

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by G. Host
              He did. He brought in the absolutely best OL coach available in business to evaluate and coach OL players we had. With the OL, drafting OL players (taking away from other positions) does not always pan out but better game plans and coaching almost always pans out. Forget dreams of a PACE free agent. A number of teams have OLs composed of late round picks and UDFAs and they are playing well.

Mike Williams has finally started perforning like the Bills expected when they drafted him but he had poor previous coaching and unfortunately personal issues.

Let the staff evaluate the players we have, especially the players who are still under commitment before they tried throwing more money and draft picks at problem.
              The LG position needs to be addressed through the FA market and the lack of Line depth needs to be addressed in the Draft.. I'm not sure if JJ will be here or not next season.

Comment

• ajsdx
                • Aug 2003

The biggest issue is that we haven't been winning, and that is the ultimate standard of accountability for everyone associated with any franchise. However, I don't dislike Donahoe -- he's made some huge mistakes (not addressing the line earlier, sticking with Drew half a year or a year too long, GW/KG), but he's also hit a few home runs in terms of personnel. Spikes, Adams, McGahee, [Evans/Losman hopefully], trading Peerless. He's had some hit or miss drafts as well. Clearly, he's no Pioli, but he's not the worst GM in the league. He hasn't improved the team as much as I wanted by now, but I'm willing to give him my 100% support for next year before I bring out the axe. Since I have so much influence, of course.

Comment

• G. Host
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2002

The LG position needs to be addressed through the FA market and the lack of Line depth needs to be addressed in the Draft.. I'm not sure if JJ will be here or not next season.
                  I think Tucker has been doing a good job. We do not get a 1st and it would be a waste IMO to use a 2nd.

Comment

• Crisis
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Darth Buffalo
                    Did he make a great move drafting McGahee, along with other picks? Absolutely.

Genius? Hardly. He'll be a genius in my book when he builds a team that wins the Superbowl. People are so quick to annoint everyone all of a sudden. Remember who we've been playing, not taking anything away from the Ws but put it in perspective. The Browns have given up 1000 yards rushing over the last 5 games on defense....
                    The guy has built a great D. As well as the offensive players to turn it around (Evans, McGahee, Shelton, Campbell, Henry). Building a SB team isn't something that happens overnight.

Quick to annoint? I've always liked what he's done here. You guys are the ones who are quick to bash anyone. If anyone has the last name Bledsoe, Reese, Donahoe, or Brown they can do no good.

Some of you guys were calling for Mularkey's head the first few weeks of the year. Not to mention you're the one quick to annoint Losman as our savior.

Practice what you preech.

Comment

• zone
                      No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by ajsdx
                      The biggest issue is that we haven't been winning, and that is the ultimate standard of accountability for everyone associated with any franchise. However, I don't dislike Donahoe -- he's made some huge mistakes (not addressing the line earlier, sticking with Drew half a year or a year too long, GW/KG), but he's also hit a few home runs in terms of personnel. Spikes, Adams, McGahee, [Evans/Losman hopefully], trading Peerless. He's had some hit or miss drafts as well. Clearly, he's no Pioli, but he's not the worst GM in the league. He hasn't improved the team as much as I wanted by now, but I'm willing to give him my 100% support for next year before I bring out the axe. Since I have so much influence, of course.
                      7 out of the last 9 is "haven't been winning" ?
                      www.blzbus.com

Comment

• ajsdx
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by zone
                        7 out of the last 9 is "haven't been winning" ?
                        I meant since Donahoe took over, over the entirety of his tenure.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                          • Feb 2004

The line is playing great!!!!!!

So who do you want gone then....
                          GO Gators!!!!!!
                          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• juice
                            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                            The line is playing great!!!!!!

So who do you want gone then....
                            JJ will probably be gone, Tucker is a question mark, and we lack line depth.

MW could have another tough off-season, and leave this line talent level at average.

Comment

• colin
                              Drew's my hero!
                              • Jul 2002

the line is still not run blocking well, and if they were a better pas blocking team we would have better passing lanes and more completions in the intermediate range.

they are an area that needs improvement, but they really are overall better than they have been in a while. an upgrade on the left side would let us run well on both sides

i think our passing game really needs our tight ends, showed today, perhaps we could pick up one in the draft

Comment

Working...
                              X