PDA

View Full Version : Plummer gives Brian Cox salute to Miami fan

G. Host
12-12-2004, 10:12 PM
Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer flashed an obscene gesture toward the stands Sunday after throwing a first-quarter interception and getting jeered in Denver's 20-17 victory over Miami.

"I'm not going to lie and say I didn't do it," Plummer said. "I've never done that before. It was one of those things where I got caught up in the emotion of a big game, and my emotions got the best of me."

Plummer wouldn't reveal what the fan said to rile him.

"He didn't say "Good job," Plummer said. "On the road you just block them out, and when you are at home you don't like it, but all you can do is try to go out there and reverse it and make them cheer for you. That's all you can do." more (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=1945010)

I am sure he was just honoring Brian Cox!

chernobylwraiths
12-13-2004, 12:28 PM
Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer flashed an obscene gesture toward the stands Sunday after throwing a first-quarter interception and getting jeered in Denver's 20-17 victory over Miami.

"I'm not going to lie and say I didn't do it," Plummer said. "I've never done that before. It was one of those things where I got caught up in the emotion of a big game, and my emotions got the best of me."

Plummer wouldn't reveal what the fan said to rile him.

"He didn't say "Good job," Plummer said. "On the road you just block them out, and when you are at home you don't like it, but all you can do is try to go out there and reverse it and make them cheer for you. That's all you can do." more (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=1945010)

I am sure he was just honoring Brian Cox!

Yeah, but Plummer was at home.

STAMPY
12-13-2004, 12:31 PM
Classless Act... Jake will learn from it tho. He's still learning, he is having his best season

mybills
12-13-2004, 01:09 PM
He said he didn't do it? Didn't flip off the crowd? They showed him on tv last night doing it, and they said he apologized. :idunno:

R. Rich
12-13-2004, 01:13 PM
They deserved it.