PDA

View Full Version : J.P.Losman

mybills
12-12-2004, 10:42 PM
wow, I got a really good feeling out of watching him hand off to McGahee & S. Williams. :shakeno:

with a 30 point lead..why didn't he throw?

lordofgun
12-12-2004, 10:50 PM
Because we had a 30-point lead.

mybills
12-12-2004, 10:53 PM
yeah, so what would some throwing practice for one drive hurt? Or maybe he's not that good and they thought he'd throw an int?

Demon
12-12-2004, 11:00 PM
yeah, so what would some throwing practice for one drive hurt? Or maybe he's not that good and they thought he'd throw an int?

Why throw? Waste the clock, Shuad Williams was doing fine, and besides, no matter what Losman would do, it wouldn't have mattered. If he had done great and scored, the defense would be back on the field. But seriously, throwing against backups is not really the tuffest thing, and the WR's and line was backups so i definetly agree with just running the ball.

Typ0
12-12-2004, 11:03 PM

because if you throw an incomplete the clock stops running and if you throw an INT that is even worse...you have to protect the ball and keep the clock running when you get a big lead like that else the other team may get a chance to get back in the game.

STAMPY
12-12-2004, 11:09 PM
DUH... Dumbest thread ever :shoot her: :lol:

Ebenezer
12-13-2004, 07:33 AM
DUH... Dumbest thread ever :shoot her: :lol:
no, not dumb at all...mybills has a great point. early in the season folks were calling for JP to play others are still saying it should be an even contest next year in training camp to see who gets to start. we have to know what this kid can do. he needs all the experience he can get. it was nice to lead the team on a drive but it was garbage team against a team that was well beaten. he needed to execute a drive where he took a team down the field as if it meant something. I am glad for what he did but he looked more like Flutie than Kelly. He had happy feet, scrambled instead of trying to make something and only used his TEs. Did he complete a pass to a WR? We still don't know what he can do.

Dozerdog
12-13-2004, 07:38 AM
It's called garbage time for a reason. This isn't the WAC or Mountain West conference where you keep throwing and running up the score for stats.

I'm sure if New England was beating us by 30 and they were throwing the ball every down you guys would ***** about them running up the score.

TheBrownBear
12-13-2004, 09:33 AM
I am glad for what he did but he looked more like Flutie than Kelly. He had happy feet, scrambled instead of trying to make something and only used his TEs. Did he complete a pass to a WR? We still don't know what he can do.
Maybe the dumbest post TheBrownBear has ever seen. Losman only attempted 2 passes. Is it that much of a surprise that he didn't complete a pass to a WR?

STAMPY
12-13-2004, 10:17 AM
**** the Brown Bear

Drive 4 Five
12-13-2004, 10:42 AM
Mybills? I really really wish you would remove that quote by Mr. Cynical from your signature. You are going to jinx us. Please. Believe me, if we do not make it, we are all going to remind Mr. Cynical...

:scared:

Dozerdog
12-13-2004, 10:54 AM
You can make that sig statement about 31 of 32 QBs each year.

With some folks, it's easier to be right 96.5% of the time rather than be optomistic

mybills
12-13-2004, 12:06 PM
Mybills? I really really wish you would remove that quote by Mr. Cynical from your signature. You are going to jinx us. Please. Believe me, if we do not make it, we are all going to remind Mr. Cynical...

:scared:
LOL...I don't know which is funnier, the sig, or that you think it'll jinx us. :D

I'll look for another one. :;

justasportsfan
12-13-2004, 12:28 PM
I am glad for what he did but he looked more like Flutie than Kelly. He had happy feet, scrambled instead of trying to make something and only used his TEs. Did he complete a pass to a WR? We still don't know what he can do.you make it sound like Flutie was a bad thing.

The_Philster
12-13-2004, 12:50 PM
you make it sound like Flutie was a bad thing.
your point is...?

justasportsfan
12-13-2004, 12:52 PM
your point is...?He wasn't a bad thing . DUH! :D

The_Philster
12-13-2004, 12:54 PM
He wasn't a bad thing . DUH! :D
:roflmao: sure he wasn't...like holding onto the ball and running around like a chicken with its head cut off is a better decision than throwing for a wide-open WR

TedMock
12-13-2004, 01:01 PM
:roflmao: sure he wasn't...like holding onto the ball and running around like a chicken with its head cut off is a better decision than throwing for a wide-open WR

14 offensive points per game under big Doug. Fantastic performances all around. Yep, we were 10-6 and made the playoffs. We may go 10-6 and make the playoffs this year, and have a higher offensive point total. Of course it will be in spite of the QB. It's funny how that works, isn't it? Oh yeah, top 5 defense in either case.

justasportsfan
12-13-2004, 01:03 PM
:roflmao: sure he wasn't...like holding onto the ball and running around like a chicken with its head cut off is a better decision than throwing for a wide-open WRHaha! You should talk. You were Rob's biggest supporter and still a huge Drew apologist. I don't think you should talk about holding on to the ball too long. :snicker:

BTW,we made playoffs twice. That's better than your boy Rob and Drew (so far as a bill) could ever do. Pretty sad when we make playoffs twice w/ a 5'9" career back up qb. Doesn't make Drew look good does it?

The_Philster
12-13-2004, 01:22 PM
Haha! You should talk. You were Rob's biggest supporter and still a huge Drew apologist. I don't think you should talk about holding on to the ball too long. :snicker:

BTW,we made playoffs twice. That's better than your boy Rob and Drew (so far as a bill) could ever do. Pretty sad when we make playoffs twice w/ a 5'9" career back up qb. Doesn't make Drew look good does it?
How would you know if I was Rob's biggest supporter?:huh: I wasn't even on BBI back in those days and as far as being a Drew apologist, I've called him out at times as well as backed him when he deserved it

justasportsfan
12-13-2004, 01:27 PM
How would you know if I was Rob's biggest supporter?:huh: I wasn't even on BBI back in those days and as far as being a Drew apologist, I've called him out at times as well as backed him when he deserved it
you admitted it on another thread.

Just like some people say about yesterday's game, who cares if our passing offense sucked yesterday as long as we won. It was the same thing during flutie's time , wasn't it? We won ugly but at least we won.

The_Philster
12-13-2004, 01:32 PM
you admitted it on another thread. :ontome:

Just like some people say about yesterday's game, who cares if our passing offense sucked yesterday as long as we won. It was the same thing during flutie's time , wasn't it? We won ugly but at least we won.were the winds that much of a factor in the middle of the 99 season, though? :scratch: I'm not excusing Drew's play yesterday...I saw some bad passes thrown but I also know there were some winds as well. It can't be the same thing if it isn't the same thing :;

justasportsfan
12-13-2004, 01:40 PM
:ontome:
were the winds that much of a factor in the middle of the 99 season, though? :scratch: I'm not excusing Drew's play yesterday...I saw some bad passes thrown but I also know there were some winds as well. It can't be the same thing if it isn't the same thing :; were there winds against Baltimore? NE? I could be wrong but if Drew didn't suck in any of those games, we may be secured of a playoff spot by now. Before you start blaming OL , coaches for any of the games that Drew sucked in, Flutie had the same problems.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Flutie flake. I've always maintained he's nothing more than a career back-up who inspite of his horrible nos. had overachieved and proved that he was better than the one who was to be the bills' future (Robosack).

Until Drew takes this team places, I will still say that the midget was the best qb that happened to this team since Kelly.

Michael82
12-13-2004, 01:50 PM
where there winds against Baltimore? NE? I could be wrong but if Drew didn't suck in any of those games, we may be secured of a playoff spot by now. Before you start blaming OL , coaches for any of the games that Drew sucked in, Flutie had the same problems.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Flutie flake. I've always maintained he's nothing more than a career back-up who inspite of his horrible nos. had overachieved and proved that he was better than the one who was to be the bills' future (Robosack).

Until Drew takes this team places, I will still say that the midget was the best qb that happened to this team since Kelly.
IF the defense was able to hold onto a lead against Jacksonville and stop them from going downfield and getting the TD...we could be close to the playoffs. IF Travis Henry knew how to run with the ball, without tripping into the endzone...we could be close to the playoffs. IF the defense was able to hold onto a lead, which the offense gave them in NJ...we could be in the playoffs....NONE of that happened!

You can't just blame Drew for 2 ****ing games, when the defense and other parts of the team cost us the first 4 games. :shakeno: :rolleyes:

Mr. Cynical
12-13-2004, 02:01 PM
where there winds against Baltimore? NE? I could be wrong but if Drew didn't suck in any of those games, we may be secured of a playoff spot by now. Before you start blaming OL , coaches for any of the games that Drew sucked in, Flutie had the same problems.

:bf1:

justasportsfan
12-13-2004, 02:03 PM
IF the defense was able to hold onto a lead against Jacksonville and stop them from going downfield and getting the TD...we could be close to the playoffs. IF Travis Henry knew how to run with the ball, without tripping into the endzone...we could be close to the playoffs. IF the defense was able to hold onto a lead, which the offense gave them in NJ...we could be in the playoffs....NONE of that happened!

What about last year or the year before? Thing is , EB (unless I read it wrong) implied that JP being like Flutie is a bad thng. If Flutie were over 6' and had an arm imagine the possibilities. Wait a minute, JP is 6' and has an arm. I can see MUlarkey having more creating more creative plays w/ JP when the time is right and when JP is ready.

You can't just blame Drew for 2 ****ing games, when the defense and other parts of the team cost us the first 4 games. :shakeno: :rolleyes: I agree, don't forget that Drew has been part of the problem that has costs us games too.

Michael82
12-13-2004, 02:44 PM
I agree, don't forget that Drew has been part of the problem that has costs us games too.
I will agree with that. Drew alone cost the Bills the Ravens game....:ill:

Drew also cost the us the Patriots game, but had some minor help when the defense allowed Corey Dillon 150 yards rushing.

Michael82
12-13-2004, 02:46 PM
What about last year or the year before? Thing is , EB (unless I read it wrong) implied that JP being like Flutie is a bad thng. If Flutie were over 6' and had an arm imagine the possibilities. Wait a minute, JP is 6' and has an arm. I can see MUlarkey having more creating more creative plays w/ JP when the time is right and when JP is ready.

That gets me excited too, because I was also a big Flutie fan. If JP is Flutie Part 2, only taller and more of an arm...then SWEET! I can't wait. :drool: :pray:

But for now, and the immediate future...Drew Bledsoe is our starter and I am confident with that.

The_Philster
12-13-2004, 02:47 PM
That gets me excited too, because I was also a big Flutie fan. If JP is Flutie Part 2, only taller and more of an arm...then SWEET! I can't wait. :drool: :pray:

But for now, and the immediate future...Drew Bledsoe is our starter and I am confident with that.
as long as JP doesn't get it in his head that he has to make the plays without letting his WRs making some, I'm all for that

justasportsfan
12-13-2004, 03:01 PM
But for now, and the immediate future...Drew Bledsoe is our starter and I am confident with that.that's the thing, everytime Drew drops back to pass, I usually hold my breath. I'm like "just don't suck Drew. Don't F it up"

I don't get the same sense of confidence like I did w/ Kelly. Hell I was more confident or anxious w/ what the midget was going to do.

TigerJ
12-13-2004, 07:34 PM
I think there is some benefit just having Losman in, taking snaps and handing the ball off. He's learning that he doesn't have to do everything and the team is still winning, unlike his days at Tulane where everything was on him. Myabe when he has to play in a regualr season game and there is some pressure to score, he'll have fewer butterflies because he's had these opportunities just to take snaps and hand the ball off.

Mr. Cynical
12-13-2004, 09:05 PM
that's the thing, everytime Drew drops back to pass, I usually hold my breath. I'm like "just don't suck Drew. Don't F it up".Agreed. And just think...they get to pay him over $6M for the luxury of that feeling. :doh:

Flutie was a playmaker. Drew is a playkiller. His few bombs that work out are far outweighed by all the INTs, sacks and missed throws he has made.

I can't say enough about how much is riding on JP. If he isn't the answer, and TD is still here, we're in for more years of mediocrity. :(

zone
12-13-2004, 09:12 PM
It's called garbage time for a reason. This isn't the WAC or Mountain West conference where you keep throwing and running up the score for stats.

I'm sure if New England was beating us by 30 and they were throwing the ball every down you guys would ***** about them running up the score.
The eagles did it on mon. night....

Dozerdog
12-13-2004, 09:16 PM
The eagles did it on mon. night....
They put in a backup QB and threw it every play?

NapalmDeath
12-14-2004, 01:52 AM
were there winds against Baltimore? NE? I could be wrong but if Drew didn't suck in any of those games, we may be secured of a playoff spot by now.

Very true, however if nate would have knocked the ball down against Jax, and the D would have held against the Jets, we also may have been secured of a playoff spot, as well.

justasportsfan
12-14-2004, 09:11 AM
Very true, however if nate would have knocked the ball down against Jax, and the D would have held against the Jets, we also may have been secured of a playoff spot, as well.I'm not saying Drew singlehandedly might've cost us the season by sucking and costing us a few games. Everyone has had their fair share. However, expectations are high w/ Drew coming into buffalo. Were there expectations w/ McGee, Willis? Thing is guys WM, McGee, Evans are performing better than expected and Drew is barely scratching the surface.

I never expected Drew to be the savior but I never expected him to lose a few games for us either. He's been an asset at times and he's been a liability (weakest link) for this team. I want some reliability out of him. His no. 1 problem is that you can't rely on him.

mybills
12-14-2004, 09:52 AM
no, not dumb at all...mybills has a great point.

We still don't know what he can do.
Thanks..at least someone got it! :D