Are you guys content with bad qb play...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Are you guys content with bad qb play...

this is not some "Start JP" thread..

i am asking a simple question..

are you content with bad quarterback play as long as we are winning games against easy teams due to good defense and a good rb..

obviously, the play of the qb will determine the outcome of the game.. at the latest, that most likely will happen in the playoffs when the opponents are quality..

some of you may feel the qb isnt actually playing poorly, if all you are judging him on is if we won the game.. but most notably the seattle game and today stand out to me..

but i am just wondering how you guys feel about that.. are you content with it, because we are winning, or does it bother you, because you can see how it will effect us at some point in the near future.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • cordog
    eat, drink, and be merry
    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
    this is not some "Start JP" thread..

i am asking a simple question..

are you content with bad quarterback play as long as we are winning games against easy teams due to good defense and a good rb..

obviously, the play of the qb will determine the outcome of the game.. at the latest, that most likely will happen in the playoffs when the opponents are quality..

some of you may feel the qb isnt actually playing poorly, if all you are judging him on is if we won the game.. but most notably the seattle game and today stand out to me..

but i am just wondering how you guys feel about that.. are you content with it, because we are winning, or does it bother you, because you can see how it will effect us at some point in the near future.
    That weather today wasn't fun to sit in, let alone throw in. Moulds dropped 2 td passes today, so lets be objective in evaluating todays game. It was wet and nasty.

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

How was the weather in North Carolina today?

I know I froze my nut off in the snow and wind today.

I'll accept poor receiving results from Moulds in the first half - the balls off his hands- due to the weather. Since we won and all.

If I had a choice between better QB stats or Better W-L record- I'll take the W-L record.

Don't fool yourself. If JP started today his numbers would be comparable to Drew's. Don't let a single drive against a demoralized, beaten team laced with backups fool you in garbage time.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

Well you know how I feel and this game did nothing to change that feeling. We won in spite of Drew.

Comment

• willis_mchenry
          • Apr 2004

I am content as long as we are winning. Sure, I'd like the QB to play better most of the times but winnning is all that matters. Bledsoe performed poorly Sunday but the defense was there to pick him up and they put on a hell of a show. A lot of teams would like better play from their quarterbacks but we are lucky to have a defense that is able to perform like they did today. We all know the defense won't play like this every week but neither will the offense (hopefully). Let's be happy we won and get ready for Cincinnati.

Comment

• cordog
            eat, drink, and be merry
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
            Well you know how I feel and this game did nothing to change that feeling. We won in spite of Drew.
            What did he do in this game to lose it?

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

Yes I'm content as long as the team as a whole is progressing and competing every week.

We could be at 6-10 and handing the Cowboys a top 10 pick.

As long as the entire unit appears to be buying into MM's system, we will be able to convince players like JJ and Pat W. to stand Pat instead of bailing out on what appears to be a situation going south and an organization in turmoil.

Just Win Baby and we will be able to attract some FA line help.
              Last edited by juice; 12-12-2004, 11:46 PM.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• juice
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                How was the weather in North Carolina today?
                55 degrees and Sunny.

A Canadian Artic blast has caused the Temps to drop from last weeks highs of 70.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Is it me, or are most of the anti- drew crowd people who go to 1 or 2 games or less a year- while many of those who attend a lot of home games (and sat through the Fins, Jets, Cards, and Browns weather) are less harsh about Bledsoe's stats?

I'm sure it's not all split like that- but it seems like a majority are......

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by cordog
                    What did he do in this game to lose it?
                    It is more about what he didn't do to win it. Remember, this game was at home against a 3-9 team with the 22nd ranked defense. If he is to play caretaker as many have suggested and want, then you don't make 2 turnovers and complete 44% of your passes. The defense won this game for us. I'll take the win, but you can't play like that against a good team.

Comment

• cordog
                      eat, drink, and be merry
                      • Apr 2003

It is more about what he didn't do to win it. Remember, this game was at home against a 3-9 team with the 22nd ranked defense. If he is to play caretaker as many have suggested and want, then you don't make 2 turnovers and complete 44% of your passes. The defense won this game for us. I'll take the win, but you can't play like that against a good team.
                      The D did win this game for us, but how can you throw around 44% when i can remember at least 3 dropped passes? The weather conditions were nasty today. It was cold, windy, wet and snowy. Not easy throwing conditions.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

It is more about what he didn't do to win it. .
                        Translation- 100 yards passing in a 30 point blowout. It's the stats, silly!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                          Is it me, or are most of the anti- drew crowd people who go to 1 or 2 games or less a year- while many of those who attend a lot of home games (and sat through the Fins, Jets, Cards, and Browns weather) are less harsh about Bledsoe's stats?

I'm sure it's not all split like that- but it seems like a majority are......
                          What does that have to do with anything? Completely meaningless point. Do you play in the NFL? Do you know what it is like to play as a professional football player in the rain or snow? Were you on the field? Sitting in the stands drinking your beer doesn't give you instant credibility.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                            Maybe?
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by cordog
                            The D did win this game for us, but how can you throw around 44% when i can remember at least 3 dropped passes? The weather conditions were nasty today. It was cold, windy, wet and snowy. Not easy throwing conditions.
                            This is the same old tired argument.

The weather.

The drops.

The oline.

The system.

Do you ever stop to think that Drew just might...just maybe...just possibly...is not a very good QB? His career completion percentage is 57%. This is nothing new.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Ah...gotta be sitting in the living room recliner to have the cred then, eh?

All I'm saying is, being there - witnessing the 30 mph winds, the snow stinging your face because it's sandblasting your skin- you can understand how a Pro-Bowl receiver can drop 3-4 passes off his hands. That affects the precious stat sheets. The important thing is, having a guy who isn't handing the opposition the ball every play. We saw that earlier this year in Baltimore. Thankfully, the Baltimore like games are becoming farther and fewer between. He will never impress the stat guys. If he learns how to win- I'm happy.

Bret Favre had one completion the first half of his game today. Does he suck too?

Comment

Working...
                              X