PDA

View Full Version : Does Denney have future as TE?

G. Host
12-13-2004, 12:10 AM
In saw on several plays he blocked very well and that pass by Moorman he could have caught if it had not been tipped. With his wingspan he makes a decent blocking TE and Mularchy should know who is suitable as TE.

Peters needs to go back to studying plays.

juice
12-13-2004, 12:14 AM
In saw on several plays he blocked very well and that pass by Moorman he could have caught if it had not been tipped. With his wingspan he makes a decent blocking TE and Mularchy should know who is suitable as TE.

Peters needs to go back to studying plays.Question is can Denny catch.. I think he had an Int. earlier in the year.. or was that last year?

cordog
12-13-2004, 12:17 AM
This is what i love about Mularkey. Not afraid to try new things, switching players and things up.

G. Host
12-13-2004, 12:26 AM
I like it too but part of it is he has inspired players to ask to play in multiple roles. Bannan asked to play OL and several others have asked to play on special teams. I wonder how Moulds would play as CB when we get a team which has several tall WRs on it?

G. Host
12-13-2004, 12:28 AM
Question is can Denny catch.. I think he had an Int. earlier in the year.. or was that last year?

NFL.com does not list an INT for him. Are you sure? I do not remember INT.
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302186

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-13-2004, 04:47 AM
I think it was more a case for desperation having two tight ends hurt.

dannyek71
12-13-2004, 06:16 AM
Denny's INT came in the preseason in the 1st game.

Personally, Id love to see Jason Peters move to be a DL.

He is big, and very fast for his size, but is as dumb as a box of rocks. Why not put him on the DL and essentially tell him to just go after the guy with the ball.

I know playing DL does take some mental capabilities, but in my opinion (I could very well be wrong) playing DL has to be mentally easier than playing OL.

Just my 2 cents..... Have a good day all

britbillsfan
12-13-2004, 07:00 AM
Does anyone on this team play in their own position anymore?

I think Mularkey and Clements and McNally get great kudos for trying these things out, we have had Adams, Bannan, Denney, Greer on the O so far (I think I have forgtten somebody as well), also McGee was not looking to be the KR but April went to him and said he could be great at it.

An innovative coaching staff is great stuff and the season is very enjoyable right now because of them.

To the original question, no I do not think Denney will be a TE, that was a desperation move brought about by getting injuries to our two top TEs last week. He will fill in for Kelsay as our back up DE for the rest of his cntract, most likely.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-13-2004, 07:10 AM
Personally, Id love to see Jason Peters move to be a DL.

Is there anything Jason Peters can't do!?!?!? :shakeno:

britbillsfan
12-13-2004, 07:12 AM
See his own feet?

dannyek71
12-13-2004, 07:34 AM

Add two single digit numbers

Michael82
12-16-2004, 12:25 PM
Good post, G.Host. I must have missed this. I thought Denney did a pretty good job blocking on Sunday too. :up:

G. Host
12-16-2004, 12:48 PM
Drew mentioned in an interview that Denney is very athletic (I remember one game where a WR saw who who was covering him, had a "Say What?" look on his face and he missed the ball before Denney plowed into him :D ) and on goal line plays he might be playing TE again. Does Cinci have any tall CBs or Safeties or a LB fast enough to keep up with him?

jamze132
12-16-2004, 01:06 PM
Question is can Denny catch.. I think he had an Int. earlier in the year.. or was that last year?

Arron had the pick last year

jamze132
12-16-2004, 01:09 PM

Catch the ball? Remember the drop he had wide open in the flat last week? Like I said before he looked like Josh Reed after a few more road trips with the burgers.

On the other hand, I really like Peters and I think he has a great upside. Everyone drops a ball or two, so it's ok. I forgive him.

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2004, 01:14 PM

So far the only thing he can't do is play good football.

G. Host
12-16-2004, 01:27 PM
Arron had the pick last year
Yes he had that in a preseason game. Was that the one against the Bengals?

Mr. Miyagi
12-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Catch the ball? Remember the drop he had wide open in the flat last week? Like I said before he looked like Josh Reed after a few more road trips with the burgers.

On the other hand, I really like Peters and I think he has a great upside. Everyone drops a ball or two, so it's ok. I forgive him.
Speaking of Josh Reed, I haven't heard about him for a long time. Is he still playing or is he hurt? He hasn't had any catches or anything. Boy, did a 2nd round pick fall off the face of the earth quickly. :cynic:

Mr. Miyagi
12-16-2004, 01:33 PM
Speaking of Josh Reed, I haven't heard about him for a long time. Is he still playing or is he hurt? He hasn't had any catches or anything. Boy, did a 2nd round pick fall off the face of the earth quickly. :cynic:

I just looked it up. If we hadn't drafted Josh Reed, we could've had Clinton Portis. :naughty:

jamze132
12-16-2004, 02:10 PM
I just looked it up. If we hadn't drafted Josh Reed, we could've had Clinton Portis. :naughty:

Uh... well only one thing to say to that... THANKS FOR LICKING DONKEY B@LL$, JOSH!

jamze132
12-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Yes he had that in a preseason game. Was that the one against the Bengals?

I think you are correct, but I don't have my figures in front of me...where did I put those? Oh, I know... In the toilet along with last years season!

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2004, 02:19 PM

Peters needs to go back to studying plays.

How many plays was he in as tight end? That one where he almost caught it from Moorman was a kick.

G. Host
12-16-2004, 02:51 PM
How many plays was he in as tight end? That one where he almost caught it from Moorman was a kick.
According to CBS "a few" at the goal line.

Jason Peters has been shifted back to tight end from tackle and free agents Rod Trafford and Bradford Banta, who is mostly a long snapper, have been signed. But the coaching staff is also working 6-6 defensive end Ryan Denney into the mix. Denney played a few snaps against Cleveland last week, and the team sees him as a nice option near the goal-line with his height. more (CBS) (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/8003963)

Unless you are at the game and concentrate on a player you never can count for often you can not see all of the players.

ShadowHawk7
12-16-2004, 03:50 PM
He seems to have good speed and athleticism, I think he could be a decent TE for us. That would of been amazing if Moorman threw the ball 3 inches higher and Denney would of caught it.