PDA

View Full Version : Looking at these numbers...I'll take Drew...

Ebenezer
12-13-2004, 08:23 AM
Eli Manning:

4-of-18 passes for 27 yards, no TD, 2 INT and lost one fumble.

Say what you want about the Ravens Defense but Tom Coughlin (the guy I wanted to coach the Bills last offseason) blew it...he had the Giants in playoff contention and instead decided to "prime" the future...he might have killed the future of the rest of the team...A coach has to teach ALL the players to win...sticking Manning in the lineup when they were winning (over 500) was a huge mistake.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-13-2004, 08:47 AM
The Giants were like 5-2 and everything was going great. They beat teams like the Packers and Vikings. Then they lost to the Bears and the Cardinals and Kurt Warner was bad. Maybe Caughlin panicked, but he tried something. It sucks for Manning that two of his starts were against Philly and Baltimore, two of the better defenses in the league. It doesn't get any easier next week with Pittsburgh.

Tatonka
12-13-2004, 08:49 AM
what were drews stats against baltimore again?

Ebenezer
12-13-2004, 08:51 AM
meanwhile the rest of the team pays...

Tatonka
12-13-2004, 09:03 AM
meanwhile the rest of the team pays...

dont you think the rest of the bills paid for drews play against baltimore?

drew had 4 ints, 1 lost fumble and no tds against baltimore..

how is eli any worse?

at least eli can get better.. drew hasnt and wont..

Ebenezer
12-13-2004, 09:08 AM
dont you think the rest of the bills paid for drews play against baltimore?

drew had 4 ints, 1 lost fumble and no tds against baltimore..

how is eli any worse?

at least eli can get better.. drew hasnt and wont..
yup...one bad game and this team sucks!

MM stayed with DB and the team is winning and the other 52 active guys are learning...what are the NYG getting out of Manning playing?? An early ticket home...8-8 probably will give somebody a wild card. Is it more important for Manning to learn or the rest of the team to learn and gain momentum...Coughlin made his job harder by putting Manning in and in fact may lose players...that was the rational with sticking with DB...appears to have worked.

Typ0
12-13-2004, 09:11 AM

MM stayed with DB and the team is winning and the other 52 active guys are learning...what are the NYG getting out of Manning playing?? An early ticket home...8-8 probably will give somebody a wild card. Is it more important for Manning to learn or the rest of the team to learn and gain momentum...Coughlin made his job harder by putting Manning in and in fact may lose players...that was the rational with sticking with DB...appears to have worked.

Only one bad game eh?

Ebenezer
12-13-2004, 09:15 AM
Only one bad game eh?
he mentioned Baltimore...that was only one game on the schedule...he sucked at NE and the first half of the first game against the Jets.

the bottom line is the whole team is learning to win regardless of DBs play...the NYG are not.

justasportsfan
12-13-2004, 09:19 AM
Has Drews career come down to this? We're comparing Drew to a rookie w/ a horrible supporting cast?

Ingtar33
12-13-2004, 09:22 AM
i said it before.

Coughlin should have been fired for starting manning while his team was in playoff contention. That was the dumbest move he's likely ever made. Your team is 5-4, and easily in the playoffs in a weak NFC. He switched QBs and effectively threw in the towel on the season. I've never seen anything quite like it.

This is why it was right for MM to not start JPL after the NE game. As long as you are in it, you owe it to your team to put the best 11 guys on the field. Anything else and you're quitting on your players. If you don't think Coughlin lost the team the moment he started manning then you've not been watching the giants play. They saw him quit on them, so they quit on him.

MM never quit on the team, and we’re reaping the benefits now.

Ebenezer
12-13-2004, 09:32 AM
i said it before.

Coughlin should have been fired for starting manning while his team was in playoff contention. That was the dumbest move he's likely ever made. Your team is 5-4, and easily in the playoffs in a weak NFC. He switched QBs and effectively threw in the towel on the season. I've never seen anything quite like it.

This is why it was right for MM to not start JPL after the NE game. As long as you are in it, you owe it to your team to put the best 11 guys on the field. Anything else and you're quitting on your players. If you don't think Coughlin lost the team the moment he started manning then you've not been watching the giants play. They saw him quit on them, so they quit on him.

MM never quit on the team, and we’re reaping the benefits now.
thanks ING...great to hear it and get support from somebody in the biz...

imbondz
12-13-2004, 09:42 AM
Coughlin deserves every negative accolade he gets this season. He turned a decent football team into a terrible team who won't make the playoffs.

Tatonka
12-13-2004, 10:03 AM
thanks ING...great to hear it and get support from somebody in the biz...

he wasnt supporting you.. he said coughlins a jackass.

you pointed out that eli sucked against the ravens.. well i pointed out that drew sucked way ****** worse.

Ebenezer
12-13-2004, 10:12 AM
he wasnt supporting you.. he said coughlins a jackass.

you pointed out that eli sucked against the ravens.. well i pointed out that drew sucked way ****** worse.
no, my point was about TC losing his team (for this year and next) and blowing a chance to make the playoffs...

chernobylwraiths
12-13-2004, 11:03 AM
Eli Manning:

4-of-18 passes for 27 yards, no TD, 2 INT and lost one fumble.

Say what you want about the Ravens Defense but Tom Coughlin (the guy I wanted to coach the Bills last offseason) blew it...he had the Giants in playoff contention and instead decided to "prime" the future...he might have killed the future of the rest of the team...A coach has to teach ALL the players to win...sticking Manning in the lineup when they were winning (over 500) was a huge mistake.

So, are you saying you were wrong about Coughlin? :D

Ebenezer
12-13-2004, 11:08 AM
if he would have come here and pulled the same crap??? yup...I would have been pissed.

Tatonka
12-13-2004, 11:08 AM

i think so.

chernobylwraiths
12-13-2004, 11:09 AM
he mentioned Baltimore...that was only one game on the schedule...he sucked at NE and the first half of the first game against the Jets.

the bottom line is the whole team is learning to win regardless of DBs play...the NYG are not.

I will to this day say that was not a horrible performance at Baltimore considering. Moulds dropped two possible TDs ( would have been good catches, but not spectacular) and three of his INTs went directly off the hands of the receiver (one should have been pass interference down by the goal line). I'm not saying he had even a good game besided that, but I think if McGahee hangs onto the original ball, it doesn't spiral out of control like it did. Game could have been completely different.

BAM
12-13-2004, 11:09 AM
I'll take Drew too. I pray that Eli continues to be a bust.

chernobylwraiths
12-13-2004, 11:12 AM
if he would have come here and pulled the same crap??? yup...I would have been pissed.

I never wanted the guy and I think I was right. :D

I'll tell you what, I would far rather be hoping like I am now for wins and a possible playoff birth now than the alternative with Coughlin. I already had the early season wins tease with GW two years ago. I like winning at the end of the season better. Gives you more hope for next year if we don't go further.

Forward_Lateral
12-13-2004, 11:35 AM
I know this is a bit off topic, but I can't resist piling on Coughlin and Eli. Eli looks terrbily lost out there. I really hope he's the next Ryan Leaf. Looks good on the little ***** that the Chargers are about to win their division, and mke a play off run, while he came in and basically ruined the Giants playoff hopes.

There, I'm done ranting.

Mr. Cynical
12-13-2004, 02:09 PM
no, my point was about TC losing his team (for this year and next) and blowing a chance to make the playoffs...
How is Pitt doing with their rookie QB?

The_Philster
12-13-2004, 02:13 PM
Tommy Maddox was injured
Kurt Warner wasn't :rolleyes:
apples-to-oranges

Michael82
12-13-2004, 02:51 PM

Great post. :bf1:

Ebenezer
12-13-2004, 02:55 PM
for the 100th time...there is no guarentee that JP would have done the same...and he was injured anyway...

ScottLawrence
12-13-2004, 03:25 PM
Until Drew can learn to not look like a deer in headlights against the playoff teams in the league, I will continue to bash him.

BAM
12-13-2004, 03:28 PM

Totally different scenario. Pitt has an awesome team all-around. Ben has done nothing outstanding he just hasn't made mistakes.

Tatonka
12-13-2004, 03:31 PM
Totally different scenario. Pitt has an awesome team all-around. Ben has done nothing outstanding he just hasn't made mistakes.

i think we have an awesome team all around.. cept for qb.. :D

buffalofan19
12-13-2004, 03:32 PM
How is Pitt doing with their rookie QB?Ben Roethlisberger is a guy that comes around once in a blue moon. RARELY does a rookie QB ever come in with that type of success. 99% of rookie quarterbacks take at least a year or more before they are successful. Big Ben seems to be an exception to the rule. The chances of rookie 2 QB's having such success in the same year: ZERO, ZILCH, NADA!

BAM
12-13-2004, 03:57 PM
i think we have an awesome team all around.. cept for qb.. :D

me too. I was talking about NY though. :snicker: