PDA

View Full Version : Camp Report according to WGR

Novacane
07-31-2002, 04:55 PM
Was listening to WRG 55 Chris Brown, Coach and Schoop.
They were saying
1. Ryan Denny looks awful. Looks totally lost out there.
2. Teague not looking to hot at center. Snapped a couple shotgun snaps over Bledsoes head.
3. Flowers actually beat Jonas Jennings for a sack but other than that he looked like crap.
Thats all I heard.

Romes
07-31-2002, 05:03 PM
good to hear so much positive

Novacane
07-31-2002, 05:08 PM
They do like to point out the negative at WGR! I am sure there were some bright spots too. I only listened for a few minutes. They did say Rogers looked good in the return game!

John Doe
07-31-2002, 05:17 PM
Flowers beat Jennings? I guess that we have to cut JJ now. Too bad.

Lori
07-31-2002, 05:44 PM
....after BigMike steamrolled him towards the end of practice yesterday. Pancake City.

don137
07-31-2002, 06:44 PM
I agree with Bledsoetoreedfor6 that WGR always brings the glass in half empty perpective especially the coach.

Tatonka
07-31-2002, 06:44 PM
welcome aboard Lori!

JefftheBillsfan
07-31-2002, 06:56 PM
yeah, welcome bud!

Butch
07-31-2002, 07:03 PM
A rookie looks awful in his first week of practice...No reason to panic.

A player changing positions is struggling in the first week of practice...No reason to panic.

Flowers looks like crap...What else is new.

If Denney and Teague are still struggling a month from now, I will be concerned, but not yet. But if Flowers is still struggling a month from now, who won't be surprised?

mchurchfie
07-31-2002, 07:08 PM
Yes, and don't forget who Denney is lined up across from....BIG MIKE..ouch, tough assignment!:injured:

alloutblitz
07-31-2002, 08:51 PM
:shakeno: I believe Chris Browm (Who IMHO does a fair job of reporting) indicated that the Dline has a better day today. Kendrick Office and Eric Flower brought some pressure. The D line practiced some stunts and the beginning of blitz packages. The coach indicated that Ryan Denney is miles from becoming a starter, and at best may only be a situational player.:blah:

SABURZFAN
07-31-2002, 08:57 PM
it's good to know that WGR didn't sleep through TC.

Novacane
07-31-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by alloutblitz
:shakeno: I believe Chris Browm (Who IMHO does a fair job of reporting)

Agree alloutblitz........I like Brown. He does a good job and is fair. Coach is the one who likes to harp on the negative. He will never admit it but I say he still has a chip on his shoulder towards the Bills(Ralph Wilson) for him getting fired all those years ago.

Aero II
08-01-2002, 07:47 AM
Lets wait for the scrimage before we pass judgement. I would be more critical of a performance against another team than against teammates.
When you see a camp highlight and see Moulds make a great catch against Winfield, do you say #26 looks like crap?

John from Hemet
08-01-2002, 11:00 AM
Im confused,

So we (WGR at least) expects every rookie to come out and look like a all pro out the gate? A couple of comments here....

- Our draft last year was a excellent one....the draft picks of this year are going against last years guys and veterans that were brought in......

- I am really expecting production out of the following players this year....anything else is a bonus:

- Mike Williams....right out the gate is one of the best right tackles in the NFL...he is a "special" offensive linemen...the kind that only comes along every so many years....this guy was the most important guy out of our draft and it became a "A" as soon as we got him.....because when you combine him with the fact that we got lucky with Jonas Jennings last year our line is going to be dominant very quickly

- Josh Reed.....I expect him to be one of the best 3rd receivers in the league this year.......and you may be looking at our starter for next year this kid is GOOD

- Coy Wire....I expect Coy to start next year...but this year I expect him to be a special teams DEMON

- I figure that Ryan Denny is at least a year away from contributing on a regular basis..he does not have a NFL body yet but Rusty will take care of that....but I bet by middle season he will be pushing for playing time