12-13-2004, 12:44 PM
YES!!!! :up:

BAM
12-13-2004, 12:45 PM
I agree. :up:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=848781#post848781

juice
12-13-2004, 12:47 PM
The Jets are posers.I just started a thread over at GangGreen saying the exact same thing, they dont seem to think we have the Tie-Breaking advantage over them.
forums.theganggreen.com/index.php?showtopic=31113 (http://forums.theganggreen.com/index.php?showtopic=31113)

Iehoshua
12-13-2004, 12:48 PM
The Jets are posers.

I agree, but I think it's been "in" for a while...

lordofgun
12-13-2004, 12:50 PM
If the jets make the playoffs, they will lose in the first round...guaranteed.

northernbillfan
12-13-2004, 12:51 PM
The only reason the jests were off to a good start was due to their soft sked.

TheBrownBear
12-13-2004, 12:54 PM
Overrated. Fo Sure.

Mr. Cynical
12-13-2004, 01:52 PM
The Jets really have surprised me as I thought they would play alot better than they have. The Pennington factor is a big part of it, but you might be right. I'm not so sure now about how good they really are.

Ebenezer
12-13-2004, 01:55 PM
The only reason the jests were off to a good start was due to their soft sked.
actually, except for two games...it is the same schedule we have...

northernbillfan
12-13-2004, 01:56 PM
actually, except for two games...it is the same schedule we have...
Exazctly and we know we should have won 2 if not 3 of our first games, including the one against the Jests.

ScottLawrence
12-13-2004, 03:28 PM
Pennington=Another Drew Bledsoe. :winkpunch

Is it me....or does Pennington always seem to play bad against the good teams in the league?

ScottLawrence
12-13-2004, 06:43 PM
Actually Juice....We don't have the tie breaker over the Jets as they will have a better conference record automatically.

Jets(7-4)
Bills(4-6)

TigerJ
12-13-2004, 08:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/s/tiebreakers2002.html

With the latest realignment of the league the tiebreakers are as follows:

1. Head to head - tied with the Jets
2. Division record - If the Jets lose to NE, this is a tie too
3. Record versus common opponents
4. Conference record etc.

To this point in the season Buffalo and the Jets are both 6-3 against common opponents, not counting each other. Buffalo has to win out to have any chance to make the playoffs. All three of their remaining opponents are in common with the Jets as are the Jets common opponents. Buffalo needs the Jets to lose at least two of their remaining games while Buffalo runs the table. The bottom line is that if the end the season with records tied at 10-6, Buffalo will have the better record versus common opponents. Delving a little further, the Jets have two wins against teams Buffalo does not play:Houston and San Diego. Buffalo has two losses against teams that are not common opponents.

All this means, you're wrong, Scott.

NapalmDeath
12-14-2004, 02:10 AM
Geez, I wonder who RELEASEDREWBLEDSOE is

NapalmDeath
12-14-2004, 02:26 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/s/tiebreakers2002.html

With the latest realignment of the league the tiebreakers are as follows:

1. Head to head - tied with the Jets
2. Division record - If the Jets lose to NE, this is a tie too
3. Record versus common opponents
4. Conference record etc.

To this point in the season Buffalo and the Jets are both 6-3 against common opponents, not counting each other. Buffalo has to win out to have any chance to make the playoffs. All three of their remaining opponents are in common with the Jets as are the Jets common opponents. Buffalo needs the Jets to lose at least two of their remaining games while Buffalo runs the table. The bottom line is that if the end the season with records tied at 10-6, Buffalo will have the better record versus common opponents. Delving a little further, the Jets have two wins against teams Buffalo does not play:Houston and San Diego. Buffalo has two losses against teams that are not common opponents.

All this means, you're wrong, Scott.

:lolpoint: Scott

Seriously though I thought the same thing. I didn't count common opponents. And I didn't know it worked that way.