PDA

View Full Version : BillsZone Cares: Hunter's Hope

Ebenezer
12-13-2004, 02:05 PM
Established in 1997 by Pro Football Hall of Fame member and former Buffalo Bills Quarterback, Jim Kelly, and his wife, Jill, after their infant son, Hunter, was diagnosed with Krabbe Leukodystrophy, an inherited, fatal, nervous system disease. The Hunter's Hope Foundation is the Kelly’s life long commitment to increase public awareness of leukodystrophies as well as to increase the likelihood of early detection and treatment.

All Hunter’s Hope funded research will be coordinated through the HJKRI. This includes research that will be conducted at the Institute as well as research conducted at other locations. Future research will be focused on both correction of the genetic defect as well as repair of the already damaged brain, providing a total solution for children with Krabbe’s Disease. In addition, this research will not only help children with Krabbe’s and other leukodystrophies, but also patients with Multiple Sclerosis, stroke, and other diseases in which there is white matter destruction of the brain.

To achieve the ultimate goal to identify new treatments, therapies, and a cure for Krabbe and other leukodystrophies the Hunter James Kelly Research Institute (HJKRI) is currently under construction at the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus in downtown Buffalo. Construction is scheduled to be completed by Spring of 2006. To help the cover the cost of building the institute, The Hunter's Hope Foundation is raffling off a 2004 Chevy SSR, retailed at $45,000. All of the proceeds from the raffle will benefit the institute which is currently under construction at the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus in downtown Buffalo. For more information about how to purchase a ticket for this raffle please contact Ebenezer (Frank Stephen) via PM.

Ebenezer
12-13-2004, 02:07 PM
SSR - Super Sport Roadster, 2004 Chevy Convertible Truck, Slingshot Yellow, retail value - $45,000, Vortec 5300 V8 Engine, only 7000 made, Horizontal-bar grille design with prominent Chevrolet Bowtie, Flared fenders created through the new stamping process Inverted Toggle Draw, Halogen projector-beam head-lamps & fog lamps, Power retractable hardtop, AM/FM, CD, RDS, Theft-lock, Covered cargo area, Towing capacity 2500 lbs., Electronically controlled 4-speed transmission, Heritage design inspired by 1947-1953 Chevy pickups, Rear-wheel drive chassis with standard traction, 0 to 60 MPH in 7.6 seconds, Wrap-around twin cockpt 2-person seating, EPA Fuel Economy 16/19.

Here is a picture of the truck!

The_Philster
12-13-2004, 02:07 PM
:bf1: I still think it's amazing that the little guy is still holding strong after nearly 8 years

NC-BILLS44
12-13-2004, 04:16 PM
:bf1: I still think it's amazing that the little guy is still holding strong after nearly 8 years

He is truly an amazing boy!!!!! :val:

Forward_Lateral
12-13-2004, 04:20 PM
Ebb, is this open to Canadian fans too? I ask because a lot of times contests like this aren't.

shelby
12-14-2004, 06:05 AM
SWEET!
:hail: Hunter

Ebenezer
12-14-2004, 08:39 AM
Ebb, is this open to Canadian fans too? I ask because a lot of times contests like this aren't.
As far as I know...I can check.

mybills
12-14-2004, 09:00 AM
Very nice idea, Eb! :up:

Too bad it's the same color as BAM's truck! :snicker:

:jk:

SABURZFAN
12-14-2004, 12:23 PM
i'm not a big jim kelly fan but i'm a hunter kelly fan. :up: