• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsNYC
    Man of the People
    • Jul 2002

Bad Turf at Giants Stadium!!!

looks like the turf is on its last legs and will be removed after this game...wonder how this will effect us?

Grass grows on Mara

Other than one bad review from Redskins kicker James Tuthill, the new grass field at Giants Stadium has gotten raves since the sod was rolled out three weeks ago. But that hasn't changed the likely plan to switch to some sort of synthetic field next season.

As for the current grass field, Giants VP John Mara said, "It took a beating on Sunday" with all the rain and probably only has one more game left in it - the Jets play host to the Buffalo Bills Sunday - before more new sod will have to be put down.
    Thank you.
  • WCoastFin
    I have the arms of a new born baby!
    • Jul 2002

Oh it was awful!! when Giants were playing the Redskins, youd see chunks of grass and players slipping all over the place!
    We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Comment

• EricStratton
      • Jul 2002

It's rated the worst field in the NFL.

Next year looks like FieldTurf at Giants Stadium. I guess the Jets gave it good reviews in Detroit last week and the decision was made.

Comment

• Cntrygal
        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
        • Jul 2002

I just hope we manage to keep injuries to a minimum.
        Originally posted by notacon
        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

Maybe with the WNY field corn harvest complete, GW ought to move his practice out to some farmer's field in order to duplicate the conditions at the Meadowlands. I'm kidding. . . maybe.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

Injuries rack up on fields such as this one. The should have it replaced immediately.

Comment

• 85inthehall
              • Nov 2002

the tray system is gone -- they rolled out new sod across the field 3 weeks ago for the Giants/Jags game and it was great--the week after the jets played miami it wa great...the downpour last week and during the game hurt that field --it won't be too bad sunday..and compared to the old trays it will be fantastic. I am not worried about the field. If it was goign to rain it would bescary but no rain predicted fore the weekend

Comment

• Buffarama
                Football-Sport of the Gods
                • Jul 2002

Flubber is the only way to go, indoors or outdoors.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍