• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Playoff scenario we are overlooking

i dont know.. but i am wondering..

i know we need indy, pitt, ne, and gb, among others, to win some games for us..

will all those teams have a reason to play hard?

not sure.. just wondering.. indy specifically came to mind.. they cant move up right? so might they just not give a crap in teh last week..

that has me worried..

i guess the bottom line is, we need to win.. and let it fall in to place.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

You're right. Indy plays Denver the last week and that game could end up being huge. Hopefully Manning will want to keep building on his records and refuse to sit.

That's really the only game that would concern me as far as good teams not really having anything to play for against teams that we need to lose.

I'm just hoping that we can beat Cincy first before worrying about that though.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
      Maybe?
      • Oct 2003

The thing we are overlooking is Drew sucks.

I think the biggest worry would be Indy. They aren't likely to get above #3, so they may lose some motivation.

Comment

• Patrick76777
        • Jul 2002

Yeah but Indy is still fighting for the 3rd spot! May not see big now but it could be! As long as they have something to play for, they will play.
        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• northernbillfan
          Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

I stated this last week when we started this talk but I will say it again.

NFL prognosticaters say that even tho the Ofeense doesn't have anything to play for, the Defense always has something to play for.
          When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Ed
            Dude
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
            Yeah but Indy is still fighting for the 3rd spot! May not see big now but it could be! As long as they have something to play for, they will play.
            The problem is they play SD in two weeks. So if they beat Baltimore this weekend and SD beats Cleveland, whoever wins that game in two weeks will lock up the #3 spot making their last games meaningless.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
              I stated this last week when we started this talk but I will say it again.

NFL prognosticaters say that even tho the Ofeense doesn't have anything to play for, the Defense always has something to play for.

indy's defense plays?
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• northernbillfan
                Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                indy's defense plays?
                When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ed
                  The problem is they play SD in two weeks. So if they beat Baltimore this weekend and SD beats Cleveland, whoever wins that game in two weeks will lock up the #3 spot making their last games meaningless.

Unless NE or Pitts loses a game in the next 2 weeks.
                  Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

There are 4 teams battling for a week off- which is huge. Indy doesn't want to play outside in January- they will push Pittsburgh and NE to keep playing hard. NE and Pitt will push each other for home field for the championship game.

The Jet/Pats game is very interesting. If the Jets manage to struggle vs the Rams an dlose, and if the Pats beat them, the Bills could slip by the Jets on the last weekend. If the Jets win vs NE, they most likely can't beat Pittsburgh for the top seed, thus giving the Steelers the last week to cruise.

What will absolutely kill Buffalo is if the Ravens beat the Steelers, and the Jets beat the Pats. No matter what we do, we are as good as dead

Comment

• finsrclowns
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                      What will absolutely kill Buffalo is if the Ravens beat the Steelers, and the Jets beat the Pats. No matter what we do, we are as good as dead
                      I like our chances if we win out.
                      finsrclowns

Comment

• Morgoth
                        Can you blow me where the pampers is?
                        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by finsrclowns
                        I like our chances if we win out.
                        Unfortunately, our fate is only 50% in our hands. Damn the Dolphins for not being able to do us one small favor and beat the Broncos. Just another reason for me to hate on Miami.
                        Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          i dont know.. but i am wondering..

i know we need indy, pitt, ne, and gb, among others, to win some games for us..

will all those teams have a reason to play hard?

not sure.. just wondering.. indy specifically came to mind.. they cant move up right? so might they just not give a crap in teh last week..

that has me worried..

i guess the bottom line is, we need to win.. and let it fall in to place.
                          Teams play to win.

Comment

• JD
                            Sabres Zone
                            • Sep 2003

Yea, alot of the teams already destined for the playoffs will most likely conserve their starters for the playoffs so no injuries to their top guys occur before the post-season....
                            “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

The Jets put up a damn good fight against the Steelers..kinda looked like they were "giving up"..but as for Indy giving up, I doubt it. Peyton is going for a record breaking season and he's not about to "give up" once he breaks the 48th.
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                              X