PDA

View Full Version : Special Teams Concern...

generalmills
12-13-2004, 06:08 PM
I know that questioning the bills is not the most popular thing to do these days...especially our Special Teams unit BUT:

What are Nate Clements and Fast Freddy thinking on punt returns?? I realize and commend players who are trying to make an impact everytime they come onto the field BUT: The best play is sometimes the most conservative...In the game on Sunday we saw Clements catch the ball inside his own 20 (in major traffic) and then try to make "Antonio Brownesk" moves, (dancing and making no forward progress) only to fumble the ball leading to a Browns score.. then in the second half Fast Freddy neglects to fair-catch the ball in traffic (almost getting killed) and dances around..running sideline to sideline without any blocking into 5 or 6 browns tacklers...

Now I realize that these guys are trying to make plays but this could hurt us dearly against better teams down the road.. Smart football is good football...and confidence is a good thing but cockyness will come back to bite a team in the butt!

Dozerdog
12-13-2004, 06:21 PM
Clements did the right thing- he had room to operate, and just dropped the ball after getting stripped.

Fast Freddie though gave me angina. Fair catch the MOFO!!!

I think it was cockiness against an inferior opponent

helmetguy
12-13-2004, 06:28 PM
Why does everyone always have to qualify a statement with, "...but against a better team...?" This is the NF F'n L, where so-called "crap teams" (like Atlanta) can be 9-4.

The_Philster
12-13-2004, 06:32 PM
Why does everyone always have to qualify a statement with, "...but against a better team...?" This is the NF F'n L, where so-called "crap teams" (like Atlanta) can be 9-4.
:bf1: