PDA

View Full Version : Use the tag on Pat Williams

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-13-2004, 06:38 PM
Pat Williams can't leave the BILLS if we put the franchise tag on him

helmetguy
12-13-2004, 06:45 PM
Wht waste the tag if he's willing to stay put? I'm sure he'll get a great offer that won't be a cap buster.

Dozerdog
12-13-2004, 07:09 PM
I don't think we can afford to use the tag on anyone. We would have to pay an average of the top 5 paid on the position.

Pat is great, but is he a top 5 tackle? Plus, he wants to stay. He wants more than a 1 year deal. The tag pays only 1 year, and it all has to fit under the cap. A multi year deal allows you to get him in at a lower numbrer.

I don't see us franchising anyone unless we plan on tag & trading.

Forward_Lateral
12-13-2004, 09:06 PM
There really isn't anyone to use the tag on. Unless we want to gamble and pay Jennings top five tackle money, I want to keep him, but if they pay him that much, I may puke. As for Big Pat, as long as TD doesn't insult him with a lowball offer, I think he'll retire a Bill.

zone
12-13-2004, 09:09 PM
I don't think we can afford to use the tag on anyone. We would have to pay an average of the top 5 paid on the position.

Pat is great, but is he a top 5 tackle? Plus, he wants to stay. He wants more than a 1 year deal. The tag pays only 1 year, and it all has to fit under the cap. A multi year deal allows you to get him in at a lower numbrer.

I don't see us franchising anyone unless we plan on tag & trading.
Henry maybee?

cordog
12-13-2004, 09:26 PM
Henry maybee?

Dont need to, henry is under contract thru 05. BTW, we dont need to trade him, he only counts 1 mil or so against the cap.

clumping platelets
12-13-2004, 10:32 PM
Tag on either Jennings or P. Williams would effectively take the Bills out of the FA market until they were to sign a new deal. Not feasible

Dozerdog
12-13-2004, 10:41 PM
Henry maybee?

Not only is he signed for under a million next year- but why would you want to pay him over $5 million for 1 season when you aren't even paying McGahee that?

G. Host
12-13-2004, 11:09 PM
Not only is he signed for under a million next year- but why would you want to pay him over $5 million for 1 season when you aren't even paying McGahee that?

To irritate his agent Rosenass? :winkpunch

NapalmDeath
12-14-2004, 12:47 AM
Wht waste the tag if he's willing to stay put? I'm sure he'll get a great offer that won't be a cap buster.

Big Pat lives in Buffalo year round(One of the few Bills that do), and has a successful business here. Unless the Bills over him an insultingly LOW contract offer, he will stay.