PDA

View Full Version : Al Michaels just told Ralph part owner of Buffalo Bills on MNF

G. Host
12-13-2004, 09:26 PM
There are doing some AFL memories.

You would think with the number of games Bills have played on MNF including some against Raiders he would have learned it by now! :shocked:

Dozerdog
12-13-2004, 09:28 PM
He floated money to the Raiders before they settled down. In the early days they were the worst club in the AFL.....Bad talent, bad ownership, bad management.

chernobylwraiths
12-13-2004, 10:35 PM
I heard that he also floated Billy Sullivan some money as well. Just hearing these old stories makes me wonder why Ralph isn't already in the Hall. I mean it seems like he was a HUGE reason why the AFL succeeded. I don't know what they are waiting for.

helmetguy
12-13-2004, 10:44 PM
He was also a minority partner in the Detroit Lions before investing in the AFL.

carybillsfan
12-14-2004, 09:45 AM
Madden said Ralph was part owner of the RAIDERS along with being owner of the Bills. This was one of the few things Madden was actually correct on, which was in turn why the Bills traded Daryl Lamonica to Oakland for the old "future considerations." This helped Oakland gain fan popularity and get out of the red.