PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Marv would come back?

Ingtar33
11-20-2002, 10:39 AM
Marv has stated several times he would coach again if given the chance... maybe we could bring him next year. I'm sure he wouldn't mind working with Kevin Gilbride, since he did have a wide open attack with the K-Gun. Marv would probably be able to keep a tighter rein on KG too, keeping his passing lust in control. On top of that, I'm sure Marv would find someone to coach the D, and he would bring instant gravitas to the locker room... after all, how many players get coached by hall of fame coaches?

LMB
11-20-2002, 10:41 AM
Or maybe they can bring him here like the way San Fran used Walsh

NC-BILLS44
11-20-2002, 10:42 AM
WE WANT MARV!!!!

Ingtar33
11-20-2002, 10:43 AM
Either way, I'd like to see him back. Maybe we could start a petition?

BillsNYC
11-20-2002, 10:46 AM
i say ted marchibroda!!!!

Judge
11-20-2002, 12:18 PM
It'd be a mistake to try to recreate history. The past is the past. Let's leave it that way.

mchurchfie
11-20-2002, 12:44 PM
I loved Marv just for his interviews, bring him back!!!:up:

Tatonka
11-20-2002, 03:43 PM
jim mora..

"Playoffs?? Playoffs?"

lol..

clumping platelets
11-20-2002, 03:52 PM
Go Bills!! For we are here to cheer for you

casdhf
11-20-2002, 04:11 PM
I think Gregg Williams is doing a good job. :bravo:

shelby
11-20-2002, 08:32 PM
:rolleyes:
you would cas....

MARV!!!!!!!!!!
:urock:

RedEyE
11-20-2002, 08:43 PM
I'd love to see Marv back, but he is well past his prime and knew when to take his exit.

My list:

Head Coach: GW
O coor: Gilbride
D coor: Mike Archer

A stronger defense really makes this team that much better. I think if the D was a in the top 15 of the NFL, the Bills would be currently 8-3 with wins over KC, Oakland, and, Denver.

PA Season Ticket Holder
11-20-2002, 08:46 PM
You can't be serious. Maybe we can get Bennett, Paup, and Jeff Wright out of retirement too.

Dozerdog
11-20-2002, 08:52 PM
Let's dig up George Halas and make Ralphie sell the team to him. He'll toughen up those guys!

:jk:

RedEyE
11-20-2002, 08:59 PM
I heard that O.J., The original "Slash", is currently available and would be an excellent RB coach.

shelby
11-20-2002, 09:13 PM
:lol:

how about...
HC: Marvin Lewis
D coord: Teddy Cottrell
speshul teems coach: Steve Tasker
:hump:

Kelly The Dog
11-20-2002, 09:42 PM
Myself and many Bills fans that I know feel that the single biggest reason that the Bills did not win one of those four Super Bowls was that the stubborn Head Coach wouldn't get rid of his ill-prepared, over-his-head, unable-to-fit-his-players-into-a-good-scheme Defensive Coordinator, who was completely unable to put his players in a position to make plays and stop anyone when we needed to.

The only difference between what really happened with Walt Corey, and what some fans are perceiving to happen with Jerry Gray, is that Walt Corey had a couple of the greatest defensive players in the history of football and studs or proven top-level veterans at almost every position and Jerry Gray has two or three very good players and a bunch of also rans and young guys.

Bull-headed Marv refused to get rid of Corey when he was awful, and as soon as he did, which was too late, he brought in Wade and we immediately had a tough, good, Super Bowl caliber defense.

And I love Marv.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2002, 10:24 PM
hell,i'd love marv to come back but i seriously doubt it.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
I think Gregg Williams is doing a good job. :bravo:

:huh: i hope you're kidding.

DIHARD2
11-21-2002, 07:32 AM
I'm sorry, but I believe it was the team that took Marv Leavy to the Super Bowl, not Marv Leavy that took the team. He was able to amass probably the best NFL team ever, but he was out coach in the final game every time.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

Earthquake Enyart
11-21-2002, 07:43 AM
I want Lou Sabin back. That thing on ESPN the other nite was fantastic.

The_Philster
11-21-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by shelby
:lol:

how about...
HC: Marvin Lewis
D coord: Teddy Cottrell
speshul teems coach: Steve Tasker
:hump:

Lewis didn't seem to want the job the first time...why give it to him now?
As for Tasker...you can forget it. All last season whenever he came on Empire, Brinson or Trimble would announce at the beginning of the segment that Steve has no interest in coaching.....Mark Pike however, might be more of a possibility.

shelby
11-21-2002, 06:06 PM
:tongue:

Can't a woman have a dream?!?!?!
:chair:

AG75
11-22-2002, 05:42 PM
What about Jim Kelly???? As a coach I mean? Think he would go for it and most important how would you guys feel about that?

The_Philster
11-22-2002, 05:57 PM
I don't see Jim Kelly doing it.....at least so long as Hunter is alive. So I'm :pray: ing he doesn't even think of it for many, many years. :)

AG75
11-22-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
I don't see Jim Kelly doing it.....at least so long as Hunter is alive. So I'm :pray: ing he doesn't even think of it for many, many years. :)

The whole situation with Hunter is just heartbreaking, I think I tend to forget because I block it out :( Too freaking sad.

The_Philster
11-22-2002, 06:08 PM
I think it's kind of inspiring too. He wasn't even supposed to make it till 2 years old....He's 5 1/2 now. :up:

AG75
11-22-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
I think it's kind of inspiring too. He wasn't even supposed to make it till 2 years old....He's 5 1/2 now. :up:

That is very true.

I cannot help but get teary eyed whenever I see Hunter, brave little guy :(

Ingtar33
11-22-2002, 07:17 PM
Jim is a great guy; he was a hero of mine while growing up (right next to my Grandfather who was a WWII hero, and about the greatest man alive). I'll never forget my first meeting with Jim it was right before the first super bowl (I was still playing collage ball then), and he kept my spirits up and my mind dedicated to the game, in spite of being a bench warmer. I cried when Jim retired, and when news about Hunter broke I added his tiny soul to my nightly prayers.

I'd love to see Jim become a coach, he was a great leader here, and he absolutely loves the game. However he has more important concerns in his life than football, so I don't think that will be a credible option.

The_Philster
11-22-2002, 07:24 PM
I think we all cried when Jim retired. I watch the tape of his retirement every now and then....and it never fails to bring a tear to my eye.