PDA

View Full Version : Bengals Defense

Forward_Lateral
12-14-2004, 10:22 AM
There's a lot of talk about the Bengals potent offense, and how they put up points against the Pats, but nobody seems to be talking about their Defense. I really don't think their D can stop our offense.
They allow 345 yards a game, and 138.2 of that on the ground. They've allowed 23.6 points per game. They have however, forced 29 turnovers, which is tied for 5th in the NFL with Baltimore.

Let's also not forget that the same Browns team that we just held to 17 total yards put up a sickening 462 yards and 48 points on the board just 2 weeks ago against the Bengals D.

As the old cliche goes "Something's gotta give"

We'll find out on Sunday.

EDS
12-14-2004, 10:36 AM
Well, it is great to be in a position where we can talk about whether a defense can stop our offense. At the beginning of the year, our offense was stopping our offense making it easy for opposing teams defenses.

Progress.

The Bills have a lot to play for this weekend so hopefully they get the W.

LABillsFan
12-14-2004, 10:37 AM
That game was much like the Bills/Dolphins game. 2 teams from the same division who know each other and put in new wrinkles because they are so familiar with each other. Plus the fact that it's more of a brawl when there is an inter division game. Raiders/Broncos, Pitt/Balt etc. I tend to not look at those types of games as a reference. It's more of an aberration than the norm.

juice
12-14-2004, 10:42 AM
Willis should get 30 carries against the Bengals Defense.. We can play ball control and make Kitna or a banged up Palmer throw into the mouth of our secondary.. Nate and Troy should be licking their chops. A few Blitzes from Lawyer, London and Spikes should force them into a few big mistakes.

Forward_Lateral
12-14-2004, 10:53 AM
That game was much like the Bills/Dolphins game. 2 teams from the same division who know each other and put in new wrinkles because they are so familiar with each other. Plus the fact that it's more of a brawl when there is an inter division game. Raiders/Broncos, Pitt/Balt etc. I tend to not look at those types of games as a reference. It's more of an aberration than the norm.

Even if you disregard that game, you can't disregard that their D is ranked in the bottom third of the NFL in almost every category except for turnovers. Abberition or not, their D sucks. There, I said it.

The King
12-14-2004, 11:12 AM
Can you please knock on something

LABillsFan
12-14-2004, 11:29 AM
Even if you disregard that game, you can't disregard that their D is ranked in the bottom third of the NFL in almost every category except for turnovers. Abberition or not, their D sucks. There, I said it.

Too much caffeine this morning? You were talking about the Cincy/Clev. game not the entire season and the hundred some odd points scored in that game IS an abberation not the norm for that team. Is their D good? Not really and no arguement here.

don137
12-14-2004, 11:51 AM
After seing the Browns offense I can understand why two teams that play the Browns twice can have a defense high in causing turnovers...they can really add up..
They did do a good job last year shutting down the Bills until the 4th quarter and overtime however the Bills offense has not had this much confidence since the k-gun days...

SABURZFAN
12-14-2004, 12:09 PM
forget the Bengals defense.our defense should be able to contain r.johnson.we should blitz palmer to no end too.

BleedinGreenNC
12-14-2004, 01:53 PM
The way you guys have been playing, i think you guys will walk away with a win. You have been playing with a fierce passion, good luck against them.

juice
12-14-2004, 02:02 PM
The way you guys have been playing, i think you guys will walk away with a win. You have been playing with a fierce passion, good luck against them.Thanks GreenNC..

Sorry but I cant honestly wish you good luck because we have a Tie-Breaker over you, and a Jets Lose to the Seahawks just might represent the Bills best chance at a WildCard.

BleedinGreenNC
12-14-2004, 04:15 PM
Thanks GreenNC..

Sorry but I cant honestly wish you good luck because we have a Tie-Breaker over you, and a Jets Lose to the Seahawks just might represent the Bills best chance at a WildCard. Thanks, i understand. Hey, arent you in North Carolina?