PDA

View Full Version : Loss Of Weis?

The King
12-14-2004, 11:24 AM
How do you think the loss of Charlie Weis will effect the Pats?

RedEyE
12-14-2004, 11:35 AM
I'm sure it will make an impact. I heard yesterday that Weiss was going to temporarily split time between NE and ND. Prime recruiting season for colleges if coming up quickly. I don't think that he could easily juggle both.

SABURZFAN
12-14-2004, 11:55 AM
bellycheck will just have to suck it up and find a replacement.

OpIv37
12-14-2004, 12:17 PM
I'm just happy that it will help Notre Dame. If it hurts the Pats, well that's just icing on the cake.

venis2k1
12-14-2004, 01:22 PM
I thinks its gonna be bigger than anyone realizes.... brady and weis's win presentage together is just as high as any OC-QB ever(2nd or 3rd all time). should have happened 2 years ago if you ask me.

Jan Reimers
12-14-2004, 01:32 PM
Belichick is a defensive guy, so the loss of Weiss will hurt more than the loss of his defensive coordinator. Belichick may not be as intimately involved with the offense.

It may seriously affect Brady as well, since his whole time with the Patsies has been spent under Weiss and his system.

But I'm probably just engaging in wishful thinking.

TedMock
12-14-2004, 01:40 PM
It'll eventually take its toll, but I'm sure that they have some young talent coaching under Weis, somewhere. BB's a great coach because he's surrounded himself with talent. To lose that talent always hurts. I think losing Crennel's going to be a bigger blow. In either case, he's just going to have to keep his fingers crossed. It'll be like when people started to try downplaying how great Parcel's was. "Well, he had Belichick, Coughlin, etc.." NO S**T!! Why would he try to surround himself with stupidity? Great coaches put together great staffs. As much as I hate them, I doubt the Pats will be hurting in the near future. It'll take a couple of years for them to fall off the playoff horse.

DaBills
12-14-2004, 02:46 PM
I was thinking the same question about them. I voted #2, but I think next year is when it really affects them. This year, they'll get through. Weiss will want to prove he can handle both gigs and go overboard the rest of the way imo.

But the prob I see is trying to find an OC that replaces him AND fits with what BB wants to do. Worse case next year, the new OC isn't getting it done, Brady complains to BB, BB takes over play calling.

Thing is, he does call a great defense, but I don't see him being able to call a good O at the same time without something giving. Holmgren's done it at times and GB's head coach I believe too. But seems to be the exception, not the norm.

Prediction: NE wheels start to come off next year.

My hope though is that they get an OC that our D has had success against so that we can maybe count on 2 w's a year?

That's why it's called hope folks.

:pray:

Ickybaluky
12-14-2004, 07:16 PM
But the prob I see is trying to find an OC that replaces him AND fits with what BB wants to do. Worse case next year, the new OC isn't getting it done, Brady complains to BB, BB takes over play calling.

The offense won't change. The new OC is most likely going to be TE/Asst. OL coach Jeff Davidson. The Patriots have been grooming him as the heir apparent for some time now. It was Davidson that called plays when Weis missed time after his near death due to complications with his gastric bypass surgery.

Canadian'eh!
12-14-2004, 08:18 PM
It's going to hurt somewhat.... especially in the playoffs.

There are going to be things that get missed throght the week that wouldn't normally. It has to. there are only so many hours in the day. It's just a matter of if these little things come abck and hurt them in a game.

Throw in teh fact that they SHOULD lose Romeo Crennel this year to a HC job somewhere (a shame if he and Childress don't get HC gigs) and they are going to be hurting a bit. I'm sure they'llg et descent replacemnts but these are 2 top ntoch coaches and it's not always easy to do that.

let's start the Gilbride for new Pats OC petition!

The Predator
12-15-2004, 01:00 AM
They Have Been Wounded!!!

I CAN SMELL BLOOD!!!

GO BILLS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dozerdog
12-15-2004, 06:54 AM
They play San Fran in week 16 and are pretty much guaranteed a week off as the #1 or #2 seed.

Weis will have plenty of time those weeks to work on his ND stuff