X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EDS
    • Jan 2003

Bills up to 10th in ESPN Power Rankings

Amazing thing is that the Bills have gotten 18 touchdowns from first year players (obviously, I am counting McGahee as a first year).
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

That's about where we should be. No team in this league wants to play us right now.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

if not for the poor September,we'd be a top 5 team.we need to keep winning and we still need a lot of help.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Pride
        • Jul 2002

Maybe it's just me, but I do not feel we are a top 10 team. Top 15, maybe, certainly not top 10!

Try not to mistake our recent success as making us a challenger! We beat some REALLY bad teams! (Miami, Cleveland, Arizona to name a few). Until we beat a team with a winning record, I wouldn't get too excited.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
          Maybe it's just me, but I do not feel we are a top 10 team. Top 15, maybe, certainly not top 10!

Try not to mistake our recent success as making us a challenger! We beat some REALLY bad teams! (Miami, Cleveland, Arizona to name a few). Until we beat a team with a winning record, I wouldn't get too excited.
          I agree although we have gotten better , the hawks and Rams are pretenders and the Browns and fins suck. We could very well be pretenders making a run as well.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
            • Jul 2002

Comment

• Kenny
              • Aug 2004

Here are some other rankings:

NFL.com ---> Bills dont even crack the top12!!! (Carruci is a dumbass)

CBSsportsline ---> Bills rank #12
              Pete Prisco: "It's hard to believe this is the same team that opened 1-4. The defense is playing well and the offense is coming alive"

FoxSports ---> Bills rank #11
              "Some might be shocked at ranking Buffalo this high, but the Bills are averaging 39 points a game the last three weeks now that the coaches have figured out how to protect QB Drew Bledsoe. First-year players RB Willis McGahee and WR Lee Evans are breaking out. Some might be shocked at ranking Buffalo this high, but the Bills are averaging 39 points a game the last three weeks now that the coaches have figured out how to protect QB Drew Bledsoe. First-year players RB Willis McGahee and WR Lee Evans are breaking out"

I actually do believe we should be ranked at around #10 or #11... Look around the league and try and list more than ten other teams that are better than us.

Comment

• Pride
                • Jul 2002

Definately Better
                -----------------
                New England
                Pittsburgh
                Indianapolis
                Philadelphia
                Denver
                Carolina
                San Diego
                Green Bay
                Houston
                Baltimore

Possibly Better
                --------------
                Vikings
                Falcons
                Buccaneers
                Jets
                Bengals

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

Definately Better
                  -----------------
                  New England
                  Pittsburgh
                  Indianapolis
                  Philadelphia
                  Denver
                  Carolina
                  San Diego
                  Green Bay
                  Houston
                  Baltimore

Possibly Better
                  --------------
                  Vikings
                  Falcons
                  Buccaneers
                  Jets
                  Bengals
                  Denver, Houston, Carolina, how do you figure them to be definitely better than us?

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

Not sure what your rating methodology is, and Carolina and Houston are fine teams, but don't see how they classify as definitely better then the Bills. Carolina is on a nice run and you can make the argument, but Houston? They are not playing as well as they did early in the season. Vikings are in a tailspin as well.

Guess we will know about Cinncinati this weekend.

Comment

• Pride
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EDS
                      Not sure what your rating methodology is, and Carolina and Houston are fine teams, but don't see how they classify as definitely better then the Bills. Carolina is on a nice run and you can make the argument, but Houston? They are not playing as well as they did early in the season. Vikings are in a tailspin as well.

Guess we will know about Cinncinati this weekend.
                      As for Houston... they have either beaten, or almost beaten some VERY good teams (San Diego for 1). They played Indy close this weekend too!

Carolina has been playing spirited football even though they lost 22 starters either due to FA, trade, or injury since last years SB.

Comment

• EDS
                        • Jan 2003

As for Houston... they have either beaten, or almost beaten some VERY good teams (San Diego for 1). They played Indy close this weekend too!

Carolina has been playing spirited football even though they lost 22 starters either due to FA, trade, or injury since last years SB.
                        Not that it matters, but Houston lost to SD in week 1. They have beaten KC, Oakland, Tennessee x2 and Jacksonville.

Comment

• venis2k1
                          Youboty can hope
                          • Jul 2002

I think we are better than cincy, SF, and Pitt.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                            Denver, Houston, Carolina, how do you figure them to be definitely better than us?
                            Seriously. Denver has been playing like crap lately, Houston? What is their record? Carolina has been playing well with injuries but that is just another reason why they are not definitly better than us.

Comment

• The King
                              Without me it's just Awe so
                              • Jun 2004

I give Carolina a lot of credit for what they have been able to do. 3rd string RB their biggest weapon on offense is out, they are still playing good football. John Fox and Co.
                              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                              It was all
                              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
                              X